RE: You Wake Up In A Bar
vaccinate your beetles

Oregon, USA
[Image: h5xEjwM.png]
[Image: 5lpjT5T.png]

Hell yeah!! You were born todaysterday!

[Image: p5GFSyv.png]
[Image: WRV6FFP.png]

Wait, that's not your story! You gotta stay consistent on this front.

[Image: AH84qyV.png]
[Image: MgehYVG.png]

With that little hiccup solved, you start work on EYE's drink. Approximately a billion ideas rush through your mind all at once, and you struggle to start organizing them. You feel like you can't stick every cool ingredient in there, but you can try and nail the important bits.

First off, you find what looks like some kind of bug, and dunk it in what looks like some kind of galaxy tears. What even.

[Image: QoRols6.png]
[Image: om6lvpK.png]
[Image: 2VJUrfk.png]
[Image: V4sd7rZ.png]
[Image: UDHmnVj.png]
[Image: nG4ZIbv.png]
[Image: Hg17xid.png]
[Image: 552LTif.png]
[Image: 0QvtXxW.png]
[Image: ebSPydn.png]

You recall the Starnet post involving a visitor to a Naeronaus planet, where the people struggled to find a way to sustain themselves in the rapidly shifting universe. Klaxon is... pretty far removed from that.

[Image: KdcjSk8.png]
[Image: PfCpzox.png]
[Image: 6HIy77G.png]
[Image: klPBrIc.png]

This is technically true. You've been assigned this post by your 'friend', but you still don't quite know what the future holds. Especially the short-term future. What happens when everyone leaves? Do you... go with them? You're not sure you've got a home.

[Image: zOaH7i6.png]
[Image: CZQGFWi.png]
[Image: 4rpFdgY.png]
[Image: BxfiWTp.png]
[Image: 2qQ5E9K.png]

EYE, of course, butchers every single name terribly. Laren lets out a huff in frustration.

[Image: LJxOwhy.png]

Gotta do your best to intervene-- just as you finally finish up EYE's cobbled-together drink. With all sorts of time-related and highly viscous liquid, as well as an entire bushel of cilantro as a limp umbrella-looking thing, it's finally complete.

[Image: vpa6ZL7.png]
[Image: PQQZnCm.png]

[Image: WYY4lkr.png]

[Image: YmeFuYW.png]

The bot seems pleasantly surprised, and leans over to begin taking sips, precariously tipping the cup over, possessing no hands.

[Image: svRmsDi.png]
[Image: g7QZ4d0.png]
[Image: ZL7M41f.png]
[Image: 3JwmFwr.png]
[Image: BkCOwHf.png]
[Image: khe1dec.png]
[Image: 68umupe.png]

This is... really getting out of hand. Seeing Laren and Klaxon get heated is kind of upsetting, and it always has been. This isn't the place or time, you've decided.

[Image: To6DgEn.png]
[Image: faEaQol.png]
[Image: 61CuyIu.png]

...You can relate, a bit. At least, some parts of you can.

[Image: EtE21Dw.png]
[Image: aGvpqJF.png]
[Image: QDCFMRw.png]

It's starting up again! Gotta nip it in the bud. You wonder a little bit if shutting down discussion routinely like this is really the right thing to do, but... it feels like the natural reaction.

[Image: vdG4oG1.png]
[Image: KTKIxv1.png]
[Image: 2P9nlOW.png]

Laren lets out a sputtery sigh, sinking a bit into the counter. She's been nibbling at her massive dinner all the while, but the repeated frustration seems to be attacking her appetite, more than anything.

[Image: gMs65NY.png]
[Image: 2Rpj8jT.png]

Well, there goes another turn. You can't say it was the most perfect of outcomes, but you feel good about EYE's finished order!

And... well, you have to face it for yourself. While you don't always allow puzzle-solving to happen in the bar, especially from Klaxon, you can't deny that it piques at least some of your interest-- it certainly has in the past. Solving nigh-indecipherable riddles and coaxing information out of a screeching honkit has been fun, and things only continue to build.

Laren's order seems to be the last for the night. After completing this order, you'll gain your fourth bartending level, at which point progression will slow by half. One more to dunk down the Cabinet-hole.

Here goes.

[Image: V1oqhOT.png]

Cup status: 1 occupied (EYE's INTY), 5 dirty (Ashen Corrugible, Antimatter Ale, Matterless Mash, TDMB, Bright and Air-ly), 1 broken, 2 free
Meloncup status: 1 dirty (HH)
Plate status: 1 occupied (Laren's MSD), 1 dirty (The Sate Catsberry), 2 free
Mug status: 1 dirty (Mulled Again Mulligan), 1 free

Scavenger ability: Unavailable (0/1 uses)
Intrusive ability: Enabled

Spoiler: Orders
Laren ordered something refreshing, to keep her up late.

Nadezhda wants to find SYLG.

[Image: RWXWGt6.png]

Here's a heavy helping of Cabinet entries for your foray into time-bending shenanigans! You're becoming a regular ol' chronomancer, if you keep on this path. Or maybe you're just a bartender. Who knows? Good going either way, Greene.

[Image: Xp0SO7C.png]
[Image: wSBqhR9.png]

Spoiler: Author's Notes
So I had a weird week. Sort of fell into a depressive spiral that was... unpleasant to try and get out of, especially since I didn't have the energy to actually try to get out of it. But I really do get a lot of satisfaction out of finishing these things, even if they don't always come out on a schedule I'm happy with. Maybe the problem is that I don't properly set goals, and just get anxiety over not working on something at any given time.

Anyhow.

I want to thank Myeth again for all his contributions to this adventure, the massive load of work and intense eye for detail which have brought everything to life. YWUIAB wouldn't be here without Myeth's work, and it certainly wouldn't have the same charm and aesthetic that his drawings have achieved. He's taking a little break now, which is great-- we've got a backlog, and an upcoming project on the side that will relate very closely to the adventure!

Look for that little project later today, yeah?

Things have always been a little weird, making this whole thing. But it's genuinely been such a good experience. As this first day of You Wake Up in a Bar winds down, I hope you all have had a good experience with it, too.
07-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
Ask EYE if it'd like a straw or something, judging by the Cabinet description Everflame is not something we'd like to spill.

Laren can have something along the lines of an Irish coffee. Freshly pressed coffee, whiskey aged in a cask made from Saint Patrick's Ash-Staff-Tree, pistolwhipped cream, garnish with candied four-leaf clovers.
07-17-2018, 10:45 PM
a52
Comander obviou's

the woods
(07-17-2018, 10:45 PM)Schazer Wrote: Laren can have something along the lines of an Irish coffee. Freshly pressed coffee, whiskey aged in a cask made from Saint Patrick's Ash-Staff-Tree, pistolwhipped cream, garnish with candied four-leaf clovers.

And just a tiny splash of maple syrup or caramel, since she likes things sweet. (And since those are oh so good with good whiskey)

Although, that may be more relaxing than refreshing. As an alternative, we could get her some nice iced tea, with a caffeine pill dissolved in it to supplement the naturally weak caffeination of the tea (and her likely tolerance to it).
07-17-2018, 11:13 PM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Male
straight-up dissolve cocaine in laren's drink. not even trace amounts like that old-school coca-cola wimp shit. and not even crazy space cocaine. also squeeze an entire tube of toothpaste in, but crazy space toothpaste
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 01:26 AM by ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆.)
Yesterday, 01:21 AM
Arcanuse
An Eggshell Painted Black

add a pinch of Sugarpep, that should do the trick.
...maybe not add the cocaine. or use the coca-cola grade cocaine if we must. and only a tiny bit. and give them some warning first, so we can avoid another blackout incident/not add any if they say no.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Yesterday, 02:15 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

Male
okay ecstasy then. pop some molly
Yesterday, 02:42 AM
Numbers

please don’t.

instead, add a quarter energy drink and a cup’s worth of caffeine, and add purple food dye just because the surprise of ‘purple is a weird color for a no sleep drink to have’

Noot noot doot doot.
Yesterday, 02:56 AM
Ten11

when i think of refreshing, i think of cold stuff. So put in some ice cubes.
Also would like to veto suggestions of ecstasy and cocaine.
Yesterday, 05:09 AM
Lordlyhour
A Guy Who Has Teeth

Australia
We Are Not Going TO Spike a customer's Drink With Any Sort Of Narcotic Unless And Until They Ask Us To.
Add a Dash Of Vim, Though.
Yesterday, 06:30 AM