Firmament

Firmament
RE: Firmament
>Come in cafe.
>Feel better.
>"...do colors have relevance here other than a way to distinguish one from another?"
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament
> Can't eat. Can think.
> Think better with other to talk with.
> Enter the cafe.
> Names many. Patches. Pastel Circle. Rainbow Dot. Friend. Devourer. Others. You are... Viridian Tear?
Quote
RE: Firmament
>Peek in through the window.
Quote
RE: Firmament
>friend???
>friend
>ily
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
RE: Firmament
>Fly away, you can't risk hurting the friendly tavernkeeper or their establishment.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: Firmament
[Image: window.png]

Having calmed down a bit, find yourself in front of Viridian's Cafe. You drift near the openings leading inside, still full of uncertainty.

(01-18-2018, 05:13 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »tell viridian the whole sadness, in broken english while sobbing like the infant you are. this is basically of mice & men

Part of you wants to go in, and tell them everything that happened. That you bit a Soul who was your friend apart, and made them turn into dust. That you feel sick and bad about that, and never want to do it again...

(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Myeth Wrote: »>friend???
(01-18-2018, 05:09 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »>Subconsciously keep an emotional distance from Viridian. You can't stop thinking about how quickly friendship can go away if you screw up again.

>But you won't screw up again.

>...but what if you do?

...but you also want to have a friend. If Viridian knew what you did to your last friend, would they still want to be nice to you? Or would they just be afraid of you... or even try to hurt you back?

(01-18-2018, 07:57 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »>Peek in through the window.

Still feeling uneasy, you take a tentative peek in through the window.

[Image: panopticake.png]

On the far wall, you see a picture, and symbols by it. The lines look rough and scratchy, like they were drawn hastily. The symbols feel like they are saying something, but you can't hear what they're saying.

It is a strange feeling.

You do, however, hear a distant clattering sound. It's coming from somewhere you can't see from this angle. You also hear a familiar voice.


Viridian: ...I don't know what they been through, but they're awful sensitive. So, if you and your friends want to keep coming here after your LARPs, or whatever the proper pluralization of that happens to be, I fully expect you two to be on your best behavior.

Am I quite understood?


???: Yeah, no. We won't cause any trouble. Oh, and Wisteria's nodding too. In case you can't see.

Viridian: Glad to hear it. And no asking impolite questions about their looks either. I'll handle the talk. I want them to feel comfortable here in Limbo. Stars know if I set you loose, newcomer's liable to feel like they're being interrogated!

???: That's fine. We don't need to get involved in your pet projects any...

Huh? What is it, Wist?


The voices pause. Soon, you hear a squeaking, scraping sound. You remember it. It's the sound made when a "stool" scoots across the floor. You don't know what a "stool" is, but you know this. It feels familiar somehow.

Another strange feeling.

Curious to see what's going on, you shift your position to get a better view of the room. As you do, you see two unfamiliar Souls, looking directly at you. They are silent. The clattering sound continues from the opening behind them.

[Image: cafe.png]


???: Uh, hey, Viridian? Would this soul happen to be... sorta pearly? Kinda basic Snake Aspect going on?

Viridian: That's the one, yes. And Carmine dear? Once they come in? I'd kindly ask you to keep any questions about their odd color or Sigil to yourself.

Carmine: Well... might be too late for that. They're kinda eavesdropping at the window, like a total creeper.

Viridian: What did you say?!?

[Image: loiter.png]

At Viridian's angry shout, you recoil from the window. You hear raised voices inside, but can't make out the words anymore. Are they mad at you? Did you do another bad thing? Your non-existent heart drops into your non-existent stomach.

(01-18-2018, 05:32 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Perhaps... Perhaps it is time to of think.
>Much to be considerating, of what we have of done.
>And how to be of the going abouts new resolve.

You don't know what's happening, and think back for a moment. Didn't you resolve to do better? To never hurt another Soul again? You don't want to hurt anyone, or make them angry. But you didn't want to hurt Cerulean either. And you did anyway. It didn't feel like you could harm them. Or... maybe some parts of you did feel that? But those parts didn't think anything bad would happen. They were just curious... or were they angry? Did parts of you secretly want to hurt your friend?

You feel scared. It's so hard to sort your thoughts. So hard to know things, when you don't really remember how to... how to Be. It's like your head is full of voices. So many of them. Each of them tells you to do different things. Opposite things, sometimes. It's hard to know which ones are good, and which are bad. And how can you be better, if you don't even know what good is? What if another bad thought gets Too Loud again, and you make a mistake?

Can you even trust yourself?

(01-18-2018, 05:16 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »>Fly away, you can't risk hurting the friendly tavernkeeper or their establishment.

[Image: away.png]

No... you can't. You can't risk hurting someone again, or doing something wrong without knowing. Not yet, at least. Not until you know how to be better. Not until you know how to Be.

You hurry away from the Cafe, flying off into the Void as swiftly as you can. But... where will you go?
Quote
RE: Firmament
back to the tavern. you can't be alone. you couldn't bear it. even more so than you couldn't bear not being alone.
Quote
RE: Firmament
go to the purple
cant hurt again when incarnate
not as permanent anyways
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
RE: Firmament
> Let's just reincarnate.
Quote
RE: Firmament
Reincarnating is a whole other situation, one you may not be ready for until you have this Be-ing thing down.
To figure out how to Be, you've got to find out who you are. Other people tend to help you do that.
Go back to the cafe, and leave again only if you feel some kind of urge to eat (or otherwise harm) the beings inside.
After all, it took you a long time to turn those urges into action before. You can see it coming and leave before you hurt anyone.
Quote
RE: Firmament
> Go back to the cavern and try re-introducing (and re-branding) yourself to the purple!
[Image: qvqxw.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament
>Calm down, these people don't seem to have known what you have done for now. Try to think of it as a new start. Just be sure to control your dang mouth.
Quote
RE: Firmament
>Focus. They are friends and friends to be, not food.
>Surely a cup of tea will be wash away your woe.
>Don't be a creep and actually enter.

>The speech the symbols said are not to be heard. They are to be read.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament
runrunrun go incarnate go incarnate go incarnate

the cafe will still be here when you come back to limbo.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament
> Concentrate.
> Think.
> You know how to "be."
> Is simple.
> DEVOUR.
Quote
RE: Firmament
>TavernTaverbTavern
>We gotta be good!! Maybe we can start a new beginning
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
RE: Firmament
(04-02-2018, 07:17 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> Let's just reincarnate.
(04-02-2018, 06:58 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »go to the purple
cant hurt again when incarnate
not as permanent anyways

Having hurried away from the Cafe, you find yourself near the edge of the Rift. Cerulean told you that Souls that go through get to live a life as a mortal. Once they're done, they come back here, to Limbo. If Souls can live and die, and live again, like they said? Then maybe messing up isn't as permanent for the living. Perhaps it's safer to practice "Being" as a mortal, than as a spirit.

At this thought, you start to float toward the cloudy edge of the Rift. Or rather, you stop resisting a gentle, steady pull leading you toward it. You realize that it's been drawing you in since you first woke. You just hadn't noticed you were fighting it, until now. You drift closer to the swirling motes at the outer edge of the massive Rift. As you do, you hear a distant shout behind you. Hard to make out. You turn around and listen closely.

[Image: back.png]


???: I said I'd GET 'em, alright?! Sheesh!

In the distance, you see a reddish Soul hurrying toward you. They don't look familiar, but they are leaving the Cafe. Could it be the one who saw you at the window? Or could they be some other Soul, who saw what you did to Cerulean? And are they after you?

Do they... would they want to Dust you too?

(04-02-2018, 11:22 AM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »>Calm down, these people don't seem to have known what you have done for now. Try to think of it as a new start. Just be sure to control your dang mouth.

...or maybe they just want to bring you back for... some other reason? Oh, this is all so confusing. Is it safe? Is it dangerous?

Are you dangerous?

As you think, you keep drifting closer to the Rift. You'll be there soon. But how can you be sure entering it is what's best?

(04-02-2018, 07:44 AM)UnassumingCephalopod Wrote: »Go back to the cafe, and leave again only if you feel some kind of urge to eat (or otherwise harm) the beings inside.

If you don't admit to what you did to that other Soul, you'd be okay. Right? You might still be able to have a new start here, in Limbo. Get to know these other Souls, and make friends. The right way this time. And maybe you can learn to control these voices in your head. And if you do that, then your friends would be okay too...

...right?


???: You idiot... will you stop already? You're getting way too close to the Rift!

[Image: talk.png]

You hear the voice from earlier, but it's louder and closer this time. You turn back and see the Red Soul, now close enough to make out their Triangle Sigil. They seem to be keeping their distance from the Rift.

Or from you.


???: Look, dude. I don't know what your deal is, but I'm here to bring you back. If you get any closer to that thing, you're not gonna be able to do that!

And if you think going in is a good idea, believe me... you don't want that!


You slow as you near the edge of the Rift, surrounded by motes of purple light. The pull is much stronger this close, but you manage to hold yourself still. A loud, steady, swirling thrum can be heard from the Rift behind you. It makes your teeth itch.


???: I'm serious! You wanna know why so many Souls are staying out here?

It's 'cause something happened. The mortal world is all jacked up! Something made it go bad. Something that can't be fixed. There's nothing but suffering and... and bad news in there anymore!

So get your ass back over here, and lets go already!


The Soul is shouting now. You're not sure if it's from anger, or to be heard over the thrumming of the Rift.

They say that going through it would be... a bad thing? But when you talked, Cerulean was so excited to go in and reincarnate. And they said it was a good way to learn. Surely it can't be that bad...

(04-02-2018, 07:44 AM)UnassumingCephalopod Wrote: »Reincarnating is a whole other situation, one you may not be ready for until you have this Be-ing thing down.
To figure out how to Be, you've got to find out who you are. Other people tend to help you do that.

But still... if you go further, there's no turning back. If you go back with this Red Soul, you could take your time. Maybe learn how to do good things instead. Learn how to Be...

(04-02-2018, 11:45 PM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »> You know how to "be."
> Is simple.
> DEVOUR.

...


???: Did you hear a single word I just said? What are you doing?

(04-02-2018, 10:19 PM)Justice Watch Wrote: »runrunrun go incarnate go incarnate go incarnate

the cafe will still be here when you come back to limbo.

[Image: scroll1.png]
[Image: scroll2.png]
[Image: scroll3.png]
[Image: scroll4.png]
[Image: scroll5.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament

???: Completely intact, thank you. Presently comatose.

...:
And... you're sure you've a suitable placement for the anomaly? Given the state of your leynetwork...


???: I assure you, we are well aware of Theia's unique... circumstances. Circumstances which are sure to change soon enough.

...:
Such confidence! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were scheming again. Surely you learned your lesson last time.


???: I am simply doing my job. Nothing more.

...:
Of course, of course.

Though, I do hope you're not too rusty. This being your first referral in a while, haha.


???: From you, perhaps, but not our first case today. In fact, our previous referral came from your office as well.

Frankly, I'm surprised you've not heard.


...:
Oh, the interns typically handle this sort of work these days. I just wanted to call, to check in on an old friend.


???: Of course. Now... was there anything else?

...:
If I may, what of this other anomaly? Asking strictly out of friendly curiosity, you understand.


???: Oh? It was hardly an anomaly. Slightly damaged from the cross it seems, but it cohered shortly after. Nothing aberrant beyond that. My associate Benet suspects an injured Gate, but... I suppose that remains to be seen.

Regardless, I believe your office could have handled that on their own, Dante.


...:
What, and rob you and your associates of precious work? I'd never dream of it!


???: Quite. And you'll refer us any other unusual cases, I hope?

...:
Our trash is your treasure, Marlowe my dear.


???: And we are so thankful to have an upstanding Demon like you to collect it for us.

Take care.

*blip*


[Image: face1.png]
[Image: face2.png]


???: Hello again, little Eidolon.

You're not ones to waste time, are you? It seems you've already made a... ripple or two, out there. But don't worry. You've not been brought here about that. Rather, I have a certain proposal for your consideration. A way to put some of your talents to use, in the mortal world.

If enough of you are interested, of course.

Quote
RE: Firmament
>immediately lash out, then try to run

Quote:It coherred shortly after, no patching necessary. Nothing aberrant beyond that.

I really really hope this is referring to who I think it is.
Quote
RE: Firmament
>What have you done?
>Where is world, sky of blue grass of green?
>This is not the promised land of renewal and answerings.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
RE: Firmament
> Through the fires and flames shall you be reforged.
Quote
RE: Firmament
>... I feel gray. What's going on?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
RE: Firmament
>I dont like that expression
>waddaya want?
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
RE: Firmament
>Nice earings
>And maybe
[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed

Quote
RE: Firmament
>Wait, your mouth... you still have a horrible set of teeth!
Quote