Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

[M]om - End of Thursday [TEXT]
Author Message
LoverIan
 [M]om - End of Thursday [TEXT]
#1

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
Spoiler: A/N
howdy, I got the light inspo to do another fantuna. I have constant urges to make stuff, and I fucking love simulators. Have this M-Class simulator

Hi there! =)
It seems you did well enough to get through the process of changing your designated class, and now you get to be an M class...
Which is really good news seeing as someone like you is something we need. Hopefully this isn't just picking the only option available =)

Fact: Everyone can be summed up to just a few points of data, I wonder what you look like on a piece of paper =)

Tenacity:
Intuition:
Sentimentality:
Durability:
Swiftness:
Fortune:

Looks like some idiot left this paper blank, but seeing as you worked really hard for this how about you help me fill in those blanks =)
Just write down what you feel is appropriate from 1-10 for each, and as long as it doesn't go over 26 it sounds real enough for anyone to believe it, but don't forget to let me know what your new mask will be. Only an idiot would forget to say that =)

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


(This post was last modified: 04-02-2018, 02:49 PM by LoverIan.)
01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dorsidwarf
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#2

Offline
Posts: 255
Joined: Nov 2016
DEATH SAUSAGE
T: 3
I: 3
S: 4
T: 10
S: 3
F: 3

[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]
01-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#3

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
Oh right it looks like you're not as good at things as everyone else except for eating garbage and surviving diseases, hopefully that will come in handy someday =)

But just to clarify that is
  • Bad Tenacity
  • Bad Intuition
  • Subpar Sentimentality
  • Amazing Durability
  • Bad Swiftness
  • and Bad Fortune

By the by, since you were so quiet I had to go digging around in the back for a new mask for you. A new day a new you they say, so please take this =)
You gained a bloodstained XuX mask and equip it

Now, how about you tell me what makes you you. I hear everyone has some sort of [Trait] that makes them special =)

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 01:19 PM by LoverIan.)
01-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robottobt
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#4
Once bot, now lurker.

Offline
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 2017
A clean christsin server
[Dirty Memer]

[Image: 7cca3f14_8a3e_4640_b6d9_b36d0e65b2a0_by_...c3x86t.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc2as8f.jpg] [Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc4vnkg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 08:24 PM by Robottobt.)
01-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robust Laser
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#5
chillbug

Offline
Posts: 2,788
Joined: Jul 2011
Kelowna, BC, Canada, THE MOON
[Wanted]
01-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CosmicClaxon
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#6

Offline
Posts: 63
Joined: Oct 2017
[Quick Thinker]

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
01-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
awkwardcarapace
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#7
York Upyup

Offline
Posts: 516
Joined: Jan 2016
The Year 2003
[Magic Feet]

[Image: gmzzj.png]
01-19-2018, 06:40 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [M]om - Coworker[TEXT]
#8

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
Wow, those sure are some interesting things that make you yourself =)
Unfortunately we can't have someone wanted for violent crimes watching babies, so I hope you understand when I say that you've never committed a crime, got it? =)
  • [quick thinker]
  • [dirty memer][tall]
  • [sickness spreader]
  • [magic feet]
You forgot to mention the worst part about yourself M-9113, but don't worry I too know how it is to breath death, so I put it down for you =)
It's interesting how you devoted so much time to such a useless task, but in the end it looks like you know very well how to dance. I hope not having much else good about you turns out to be worth it =)

Now I think it's about time you stop wasting time and go pick up the shipment of infants from B-52. Losing that village was a bit of a blow, but the good news is that you and your new coworker will rebuild that little area in notime =)
____________
When you get to the lab complex you see what appears to be a B class pacing back and forth upset next to a transport vehicle. Upon getting close enough you can tell he's not the most savvy as he's got splats of blood and coffee all over....even on his mask.
"Finally your dumbass shows up. If you're going to be late again it better be in a bodybag q‿‿p"
How do you respond, M9113?
  • "Wouldn't be late if the G class filing my paperwork had a brain XuX"
  • "Like you'd really kill the closest, and nearly only M-Class nearby XuX"
  • Use a trait
  • Flirt
  • Other

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


01-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robottobt
 RE: [M]om - Coworker[TEXT]
#9
Once bot, now lurker.

Offline
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 2017
A clean christsin server
  • "Wouldn't be late if the G class filing my paperwork had a brain XuX

[Image: 7cca3f14_8a3e_4640_b6d9_b36d0e65b2a0_by_...c3x86t.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc2as8f.jpg] [Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc4vnkg.jpg]
01-19-2018, 11:37 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
IronLionShark
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#10
Iron

Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: Aug 2017
U.S.
>Use a trait: [Magic Feet] to dance, while doing that >Flirt
01-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Qweerplx
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#11

Offline
Posts: 41
Joined: Jan 2018
(01-19-2018, 05:28 PM)IronLionShark Wrote: >Use a trait: [Magic Feet] to dance, while doing that >Flirt

I agree with the notion to dance

time to die i guess
01-20-2018, 02:36 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CosmicClaxon
 RE: [M]om - Who are you? [TEXT]
#12

Offline
Posts: 63
Joined: Oct 2017
>Insult them with a trade secret dance number! Intimidate them into submission with your height.
>"Wowie, I hope that's not how you spoke to your maternal caretaker. You could use some M-anners. XuX"

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
01-20-2018, 03:22 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#13

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
Quote:>activate [magic feet]
>"Wowie, I hope that's not how you speak to M-aternals, maybe you need someone to show you some M-anners. XuX"
[Charisma-check failed]
"Feel free to try it, I'd love that q‿‿p" 52 says as they unsheath a short but serrated knife.

You nod thoughtfully and check the cargo. Lots of babies in there.
As you get in the driver's seat and turn on the GPS you realize there are a few routes you could take to your new home..
  • Fastest, but most unpredictable
  • Moderate, but you'll have to take a pitstop in a section of The Woods
  • Slowest, takes a full day of driving but avoids most trouble

While you're flipping through your options on the dashboard screen you notice a package glinting next to you, and it seems to be an equipment package for new M classes.
Your inventory has five slots free, and your phone takes up the only in-use slot. In a week your property should arrive at your village, but otherwise this is what you'll be working with. Seems the care package only allows selection of one thing from each of the lists.
  • Machinegun with incendiary ammo (2)
  • Flak Shotgun (2) and scrap ammo (2)
  • Flamethrower w/100% tank (2)
  • Box of Grenades (1)
  • Low-Power Railgun (1)
  • Random Attack AI (?)
And....
  • Perimeter Scanner (1)
  • Y-Class Backup Flaregun (1)
  • Fauna Repellent Spray (1)
  • Recon Drone (1)
  • Free, random, capture creature (1)

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 04:19 PM by LoverIan.)
01-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#14

Offline
Posts: 245
Joined: Apr 2016
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
> Attack AI and capture creature!

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
01-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
IronLionShark
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#15
Iron

Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: Aug 2017
U.S.
>Attack AI and flaregun
01-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CosmicClaxon
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#16

Offline
Posts: 63
Joined: Oct 2017
Cursed charisma-checks!

>vote for Moderate route
You want to be efficient, but it's best not to put your cargo in too much risk. 52 already sees us unfavorably.

>Attack AI and Perimeter Scanner

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
01-26-2018, 04:38 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#17

Offline
Posts: 768
Joined: Dec 2016
>Moderate. Cargo safety is a priority, but so is arriving in a reasonable amount of time.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
01-26-2018, 06:25 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robottobt
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#18
Once bot, now lurker.

Offline
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 2017
A clean christsin server
(01-25-2018, 06:10 PM)Clockwork Dragon Wrote: > Attack AI and capture creature!

This, and the moderate route.

[Image: 7cca3f14_8a3e_4640_b6d9_b36d0e65b2a0_by_...c3x86t.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc2as8f.jpg] [Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc4vnkg.jpg]
01-27-2018, 01:51 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#19

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
(01-25-2018, 06:10 PM)Clockwork Dragon Wrote: > Attack AI and capture creature!
Stepping out of the truck you select the capture creature first, and a cage is dropped to the ground.
Activating it summons a Thornhead!
Upon inspecting it you can tell that it's barely been affected by the capture-cage. It's a good thing it was put into the cage with some jerky, as otherwise you'd have nothing to feed it with as it wakes up.
It's young enough that it takes the jerky easily, but not so old that anything telling you about it's name was included. Seems you'll be able to do that when you get more settled in. As you go to select the attack AI you start to think on what would be a good name for your meatshield.

The robot pops out. Mostly metal, plastic, and rubber, the lynx-like robot in front of you sits with two folded wings, a partly furred and electronic face, and a collar of woven wires and cords.
You wait for it to start doing anything, and shortly after realize it hasn't been turned on. As you turn the AI on you take a brief look at the manual.

Spoiler :
Welcome to the prestigious club of Freya owners!
As you are awa-

Clockwork t-

[It's really in-depth...]

Your Freya unit may have it's own personal ritual it executes on Fridays. Try to give it space and let it do whatever it likes on that day.

[You skip further ahead until you find a page that seems...important]

Like all of the Norse brand the newer units came after the war the v1-9's fought against their creators. If they believe for any reason that the war is not won, or that a war against organics is coming tell them that they should focus on the coming days of Ragnarok. Your Norse unit will go into an emergency meditational state, and eventually tire themselves out in preparation for a war that would end the universe.
As you finish another skim you notice that your new bodyguard is awake.
"Please define charge."
"Charge?"
"What am I protecting? Do not tell me you have enlisted me as a.." Freya says, pausing for a bit before saying the next with disdain, "housepet."
"No, I'm M-9113. You're making sure the babies don't die. Now what's your model number?"
"v572. Your noble cause is one I am a valid match for." She says, and hops into the truck through the open door without asking, and sets herself down in the cardboard box in the passenger seat.


(01-26-2018, 06:25 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: >Moderate. Cargo safety is a priority, but so is arriving in a reasonable amount of time.
You leave the thornhead outside of the truck, and as you start heading down the path you look back to make sure it's following. Your thornhead, afterall, is following you loyally.
As you drive along you tune the radio to listen to the latest news.

[It's a discussion of recent sensationalist news stories. You're happy to hear that the R-class bandits that were plaguing the Woods have all cleared up.]

The ride is uneventful, and surprisingly fast as you make it to the rest stops with time to spare. v572 gets out to stretch, and you take a look around at the rest stop.
Questgivers, barter stations, and even refueling for vehicles like your own.
The truck seems to have enough fuel, and you have no reason to take a quest at the moment and delay yourself. You call v572 back to the truck, and she hops back in. Your thornhead seems to have rested up too.

Back on the road is again quiet, and every so often you check to make sure your new companion is keeping up. It's a fast one although it lags behind just out of sight.

It's very late as you pull into the village.
Most of the buildings bear telltale bloodstains, and from the bodybags and the Y-Class patrol it seems the cleanup crew is still working. Your badge is checked, cleared, and then you're in.
v572 follows the Y's who are putting the babies in the nursery, and she seems to be sizing them up as if she's ready to strike down every threat around her.
Your thornhead comes trotting in through the security gate, and circles around you happily.
>_
  • Talk to the (G, F, Q, Y) classes on the cleanup crew.
  • Talk to v572
  • Help out with getting the babies settled in
  • Help load bodybags onto the truck
  • Train the Thornhead
  • Inspect the village

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


01-27-2018, 06:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Clockwork Dragon
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#20

Offline
Posts: 245
Joined: Apr 2016
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.
> You're an M-class. It's time to do what you were made to do.

Lambda: Robot Regret ||| Flight Rising ||| Dragon Cave
I'm Athenike on the Discord chat and memes2electricboogaloo on the Twitch chat!
Spoiler :
[Image: OKPUwYP.png][Image: aON5O2K.gif] Where are eggs? Here and here.
Arts people have arted for me:
01-27-2018, 06:50 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robottobt
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#21
Once bot, now lurker.

Offline
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 2017
A clean christsin server
>Help with babies or train the thornhead.

[Image: 7cca3f14_8a3e_4640_b6d9_b36d0e65b2a0_by_...c3x86t.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc2as8f.jpg] [Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc4vnkg.jpg]
01-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CosmicClaxon
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#22

Offline
Posts: 63
Joined: Oct 2017
>Name your thornhead something refined, something powerful… like Arch Kapopoulos the Supreme Overseer (or Archie for short)
>Teach Archie the basics of babyguard duty
>Now fulfill your purpose. Help with them babies.

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
01-30-2018, 07:29 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#23

Offline
Posts: 618
Joined: Nov 2015
(01-27-2018, 06:50 AM)Clockwork Dragon Wrote: > You're an M-class. It's time to do what you were made to do.
(01-30-2018, 07:29 AM)CosmicClaxon Wrote: >Now fulfill your purpose. Help with them babies.
As the Y-classes toil in the nursery you're busy familiarizing yourself with the control room. Robotic arms slide back and forth across the ceiling for sorting, feeding, and analyzing with efficiency.

Since this batch was a rush job done by what seemed to just be a single B-class you expect a much higher rate of abominations or duds, but you only manage to find one so far. The babies are a random assortment of classes, otherwise.
An attempt to make back the losses from an entire village being wiped out, but you didn't have to get rid of more than a single Notail so far... For just a brief moment it pains you to flag the baby as a dud, and not long after a Y-Class has already carried it off.
But then you chuckle at just how lucky you and those around you got with 199 valid babies!

You settle into the control room for a moment. but hear a knock on the door! It's one of the G classes puttering about.
"Hi there! 8)"
"Yes, is it important? XuX"
"Oh nothing too much, but I figured someone should let you know what's up and running so far 8)"
"Go ahead XuX"
Spoiler: Repair Plans
Done
  • -Coffee Machine
  • -Internet (LAN or weak connection only)
  • -Lesson Planning Terminal (needs priming)
  • -Uniform Machine (no uniform)
  • -Village Scheduling Terminal (needs priming)
Repairs with Priority
  • -Map Services ; High (94%)
  • -Village Shield ; High (87%)
  • -Auxillary Storage 13 1 ; Medium (69%)
  • -Sirens ; Medium (48%)
  • -Main Storage 1 ; Low (13%)
  • -Kitchen ; Low Misc. (?)
Not Yet Ordered
  • -CC Pens ; Null
  • -Laundry ; Null
  • -Main Storage 2-3 ; Null, heavy damage
  • -Aux Storage 1-12 ; Null, h. dmg or condemned
"What happened to the other storage XuX"
"If you didn't read what I handed you they're all too damaged 8)"
"oh, right XuX"
And the G class scampers off to work.
You head into the building's breakroom and make a pot of coffee.
It's coffee alright.
(01-30-2018, 07:29 AM)CosmicClaxon Wrote: >Name your thornhead Archie
You check on your thornhead, and it's been chasing after scraps of meat a G class is throwing. You shoo him off, and call the thornhead over for the intent of naming him.

A young thornhead stands before you tonight, and though it just so happens that thirteen hours since you took ownership of him, it is only in this moment he will be given a name.
You name him Archie, and go back to your work.

As head of the village you can make certain choices. You could reorganize the repair schedule, lessonplan, work schedules, and more.
You take note that the repair crew will be around two days, and after that you'll have to file the proper paperwork to get any further work done.
You know some tasks will be done by end of night, while others won't be finished by the time they leave.
You also know that the babies don't need a lesson plan yet, and can just have the basics shown to all of them until you're ready to change them. The work schedule is just the same.

Spoiler: Lesson Plans
All Babies - 3/4 Slots
-Relaxation
-Instinct Training
-You're a Notail

Lessons for Babies
  • Relaxation - given for freshly delivered or off day babies
  • Instinct Training - given to reinforce basic instincts
  • You're A Notail - given to fully imprint newborns
Lessons for Kids
Locked!!
Spoiler: Work Schedules
M-9113
Spoiler: Monday
6a - Wake up, morning routine
7a - Check reports
8a - Idle
9a - Interact with babies 1-76
12:30p - Lunch
1p - Interact with 77-199
7:30p - Dinner
8p - Idle
10p - sleep
Spoiler: Tuesday
6a - Wake up, morning routine
7a - Check reports
8a - Inspect babies
9a - Interact with 34-109
12:30p - Lunch
1p - Interact with 110-199, 1-33
7:30p - Dinner
8p - Idle
10p - sleep
Spoiler: Wednesday
6a - Wake up, morning routine
7a - Check reports, news, stats
8a - Idle
11a - Place babies 1-100 into playpen
11:30a - Idle, Lunch
2p - Swap out for 101-199
2:30p - Idle
6p - Remove babies from playpen
7p - Idle
7:30p - Dinner
8p - Idle
10p - sleep
Spoiler: Thursday
6a - Wake up, morning routine
7a - Check reports
8a - Inspect babies
9a - Interact with 34-109
12:30p - Lunch
1p - Interact with 110-199, 1-33
7:30p - Dinner
8p - Idle
10p - sleep
Spoiler: Friday
6a - Wake up, morning routine
7a - Check reports
8a - Idle
9a - Interact with babies 1-76
12:30p - Lunch
1p - Interact with 77-199
7:30p - Dinner
8p - Idle
11p - sleep
Spoiler: Saturday
9a - Wake up, morning routine
10a - Idle
11:30a - Interact with 34-109
1:30p - Lunch
2p - Interact with 110-199, 1-33
8:30p - Dinner
9p - Idle
11p - sleep
Spoiler: Sunday
9a - Wake up, morning routine
10a - Check reports, news, stats
11a - Place babies 1-100 into playpen
11:30a - Idle, lunch
2p - Swap out for 101-199
2:30p - Idle
6p - Remove babies from playpen
7p - Idle
8p - Receive shipments and restock
9p - Idle
10p - sleep
>Leave all Default
>Enter Custom Plans

[LIVE] - a fortuna fanventure, like and subscribe to AliCat2020's playthrough of the new DLC
[M]om - a textventure about Notail raising. how will you do =)


(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 06:00 AM by LoverIan.)
01-31-2018, 11:32 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Robottobt
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#24
Once bot, now lurker.

Offline
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 2017
A clean christsin server
>Getting the notails to imprint seems to be the most prominent course of action.

[Image: 7cca3f14_8a3e_4640_b6d9_b36d0e65b2a0_by_...c3x86t.png]
Spoiler :
[Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc2as8f.jpg] [Image: untitled_by_mewqit-dc4vnkg.jpg]
01-31-2018, 11:51 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
IronLionShark
 RE: [M]om - Stocking Up [TEXT]
#25
Iron

Offline
Posts: 130
Joined: Aug 2017
U.S.
(01-31-2018, 11:51 PM)Robottobt Wrote: >Getting the notails to imprint seems to be the most prominent course of action.
>^
02-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply