"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)

"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)
Oh my god I made apple crisp (aka apple crumble) and it's so good.

Basically fill a glass pan with sliced apples. Then, melt half a cup of butter and add to it 1 cup of flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups of oats and cinamon to taste. (Note: I usually put in more oats, this time I put in slightly more than double.)

Put the crumble on the apples then bake at 375 for 1 hour and bam!, so good.

Excellent with vanilla ice cream on the side, or milk.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Honestly the cheapest and easiest dessert to make, made it a lot when i was flatting? Esp because we had an apple tree in our back yard

The crumble is really nice uncooked too >_>
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
No shame, I always eat all the extra that can't be mounded onto the apples. Brown sugar and butter become a tasty treat.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I could really go for a baked potato right now, but it's almost ten pm and I don't want to get up and cook one for an hour. hmm...
I made pancakes with raspberry yogurt, and added in blueberries, apple chucks, and grated lemon! They were amazing.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I made basic-ass soup last night out of onions, garlic, bacon cubes, chicken stock, and Leafy Greens Of Some Persuasion.

Then because I'm a menace to society I chucked half a tub of kimchi into it when I reheated it this morning
Honey and Beets are a sweet treat,
Jamacian Patties now that's a feat,
Hot and Sour Soup, and Greenbean Fried Rice;
looks like I'm living in paradise!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I made fried rice last night. It's normally a pain in the ass to do because you need to cook rice the night before, but this time I cheated the system by making rice with half the water and twice the time in the ol' rice cooker.

Then I stir-fried up some diced onions, added some chopped-up leg ham, and added the rice when the onions were translucent. I tossed that around until it was properly coated in the oil, then threw in three beaten eggs and stir-fried it until the egg was cooked and the rice was sufficiently eggy.

It was delicious.
I made a triffle, and French Onion Soup! My brother made Hot and Sour Soup!

We had Dim Sum! I'm making a real good sandwich! FOOD
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Angels came down from heaven and gave me some Vegetarian Bulgar Walnut Chili. It's so spicy and meaty (despite being vegetarian) and it has a perfect texture and I am going to go get a second bowl.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I just made an omelet (and had a nosebleed during the middle). Here is what I put it:
  • bacon fat
  • sliced ham and turkey
  • mushrooms
  • rice (cooked)
  • sweet potato curry
  • black bean salsa
  • fancy white cheddar
  • dried parsley
  • eggs
It was all sorts of extraordinary.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
what are the circumstances in which you would be so sexually aroused by an omelette your nose would bleed in the process of making it
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I made tomato soup with pasta in it. So simple to make and yet *so amazing*
Recipe in case someone would like to make the soup:
SpoilerShow
Something similar I've started doing is pasta stew (aka 1 pot pasta), where you make the sauce in a larger pot and then put in some water and the pasta and getting it to boil in there. Less dishes and still an excellent meal.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
My brother bought me a pineapple coconut bun and gave me part of a taro bun! Such sweet delights~
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I was cordially invited to the last meeting of the Life Design club; we made strawberry daifuku and I think I've officially found myself a handsdown favorite food
but do you have a handsman favorite food
My brothers, my cousin and I made chana masala with roasted sweet potatoes and rice. Very good.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
tofu is like cheap as hell and ganmodoki is easy as hell to make so that's what i ate today
humans are cheap as hell so i ordered a kevin o'leary through amazon and ate his left flank.

succulent but poisonous to the touch, 2/5, would eat again through amazon prime. Always ask for overnight delivery or the human spoils.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
i had a cold and pho is fucking magical. it's somehow better than chicken soup at getting rid of sore throats. 10/10.
I made fried sesame balls from scratch, black bean paste and all. They were so good~ (although I was super tired after 3 1/2 hours of stirring paste and rolling dough)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm making Ratatouille and putting it on noodles like a sauce! It smells so good (although anything with cooked tomatoes and oil will).
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I made banana bread, bithches

[Image: Ga3Ck0s.jpg]