Inquiry

Inquiry
#26
RE: Inquiry
Use the painting itself to break the glass, then use the glass to break the flesh.
Quote
#27
RE: Inquiry
[Image: RCOYywN.png]

>Check the note before doing anything drastic, is that a puppet?

There seems to be a PAINTING of a MARIONETTE that was hung up in front of the window. Upon closer inspection of the window, you discover that it is not a body but just a solid and fleshy piece of pink fiberglass insulation that would be, if you could see the whole thing, shaped like a corpse.

[Image: EveqpdC.png]

>Use the painting itself to break the glass, then use the glass to break the flesh.

You hurl the painting glass-ward, only for it to crash straight through, knocking the body/pink fiberglass insulation aside.
Quote
#28
RE: Inquiry
Go through the window
Quote
#29
RE: Inquiry
Look into the chasm, tf down there man
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#30
RE: Inquiry
[Image: 3dlW8wT.png]

>Look into the chasm, tf down there man

There seems to be a pile of something at the bottom. It's dark, but it looks like garbage or rubble. You wouldn't get very hurt by jumping down since it isn't too deep, but it would be difficult to climb back out.

[Image: zryPnz4.png]

>Go through the window

You clamber through the window.

[Image: fxxuOgh.png]

Woah. What happened here? The forest doesn't look too bad, but there's a broken building and a beat up car by the side of the road. There also seems to be some smoke off in the distance. The MARIONETTE painting is sticking out of the dirt, and there seems to be a body on the ground.
Quote
#31
RE: Inquiry
Poke the body and ask the bro dude if hes ok
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#32
RE: Inquiry
[Image: odst17V.png]

>Poke the body and ask the bro dude if hes ok

He doesn't look very okay. He just looks like a really squishy body, which is strange. He's probably dead though, so unless he starts appearing in the background and vanishing when you look over your shoulder, I don't think he's gonna be moving too much. He's frozen in a strange pose.
Quote
#33
RE: Inquiry
>hes a friend now, his name backpackman!! Cant check an abandoned car without a trusty sidekick heck yeah
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#34
RE: Inquiry
(03-24-2018, 12:14 AM)Myeth Wrote: »>hes a friend now, his name backpackman!! Cant check an abandoned car without a trusty sidekick heck yeah

why backpackman. where's his backpack.

name him jim
Quote
#35
RE: Inquiry
>Check the back of the painting.
>Do those trees look normal?
>Look for loose bricks.
>Arm yourself with a brick.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#36
RE: Inquiry
[Image: vYqVkIq.png]

>hes a friend now, his name jim backpackman!! Cant check an abandoned car without a trusty sidekick heck yeah

You decide to check your surroundings, but everything looks normal. You do, however, pick up a brick for self defense. You go to check out the abandoned car, and Jim wants to come along too, which you help him with.

The car seems to be missing a tire, and the window's smashed in. Everything's been looted, but the keys are still in the ignition, which you find odd. Then again, whoever broke in probably had a car already.
Quote
#37
RE: Inquiry
>VROOM VROOM?? vROMVRORORORORO
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#38
RE: Inquiry
[Image: 9W5cddJ.png]

>VROOM VROOM?? vROMVRORORORORO

You reach through the window and check to see if the car can actually vroom, or if the keys were left because the car was broken. The car turns on with a VROOOOOM.

A couple seconds later you hear a shout from the building next to you!
"HEY, YOU!"
Someone's yelling to you from an extremely brightly lit room a couple floors up. It seems the car turning on alerted them to you being there.
Quote
#39
RE: Inquiry
Cant hear u btch im vroomg
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#40
RE: Inquiry
>May I borrow your car?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#41
RE: Inquiry
[Image: 62MbS0x.png]

>May I borrow your car?

"Oh, yeah! No problem! One small thing though: since we're friends now, could you do me a favor? I'm locked in this place, I'd appreciate it if you got me out before you drove off."

He seems to be stuck in the building. You aren't sure how the car could be considered his if he's trapped up there, but he seems like a nice guy. He's the nicest person you've met, at least.
Quote
#42
RE: Inquiry
Well, no point in betraying a new friend. Help him out of the building.
some kind of box
working on a brand new adventure: The Relic of Lost Arch scrapped
go check out this one instead, called Operation Chilling Sky
Quote
#43
RE: Inquiry
>hmmmmmmmmmmmm
>stranger danger?
>stranger danger.
>nope!
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#44
RE: Inquiry
[Image: i1EFLxY.png]

>Well, no point in betraying a new friend. Help him out of the building.

You look inside, and see a hallway. There's an elevator at the end, which will presumably take you up to him. There are also 2 closed doors, one on either side of the hall.
Quote
#45
RE: Inquiry
>Open elevator. If it looks unsafe, don't ride it.
>Use stairs if elevator unavailable or unsafe.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#46
RE: Inquiry
Check the doors. You may not know whats in each rooms. Kind of like a roguelike dungeon crawler.

If there's nothing interesting (which i'm assuming not), go take the elevator.

If the elevator doesn't work, take the stairs, if there is any.
some kind of box
working on a brand new adventure: The Relic of Lost Arch scrapped
go check out this one instead, called Operation Chilling Sky
Quote
#47
RE: Inquiry
[Image: IIpM7ls.png]

>Check the doors.

You think it's safe to say that this is something interesting.

In the first room, you see a desk with papers spread out on the floor in front of it. One of the papers is shredded, and another seems to be made of pink fiberglass insulation. It's also possible that someone dropped their sculpture of a head and then spilled their sweet and sour sauce under it, but the truth is probably a tad more murdery.
The second room looks like a common area, with a bookshelf, table, and weights.

You could investigate more, but there is a guy waiting for you upstairs, and it's not like the stuff will be gone. The elevator looks perfectly functional, which is good because there aren't any stairs. The fire department would disapprove.
Quote
#48
RE: Inquiry
Grab a weight. Carry it around with you to get beefy arm.
Quote
#49
RE: Inquiry
[Image: vaFghsW.png]

>Grab a weight. Carry it around with you to get beefy arm.

Sweet. You now have +1 BEEF, and your swag modifier is off the charts. You can now pick up wooden crates and large dogs, or other such objects.
Quote
#50
RE: Inquiry
Hmmmmm, i dunno bout savin this fella here.. seems like the shady type. Lets see if there are any other rooms to check out first!
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote