Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Author Message
amaranthineApocalypse
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 2017
>Give soul to poor injured DT
06-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
TerraTorment
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Apr 2016
>Alice: try and conjure a copy of your keys so you can get out of the bathroom

Alice should know about conjuring, the word appears in her diary
06-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
martialAcademic
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 260
Joined: Apr 2016
(06-12-2018, 01:21 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: >Give soul to poor injured DT

Didn't we want to give this soul to Raziel because it would level him up and not DT?
06-12-2018, 01:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
neferiusNexus
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Mage of Void

Offline
Posts: 348
Joined: Jan 2016
Land of Metal and Rain
(06-12-2018, 01:24 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: >Alice: try and conjure a copy of your keys so you can get out of the bathroom

Alice should know about conjuring, the word appears in her diary

seconding Terra and also, yes, let's give DT this soul.
06-12-2018, 03:47 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Panur
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Shipper of Crack

Offline
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 2016
> Give soul to poor injured DT

[Image: 129_by_terra414-dcenfkm.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Did you get hurt?
DT: No, why? 0w0
Alice: You seemed pretty pained a little while ago.
DT: Ohhh, that...
DT: When I make doubles and they get hurt, I kind of feel it when they get hit.
DT: It doesn't actually hurt me though!
DT: Just need a bit to shake off the feeling.
Alice: Well, you can take this soul, for your efforts.
DT: Very kind of you, Master!

==>

[Image: 130_by_terra414-dcenflh.png]

This soul is worth 2 points! DT has leveled up!

There is 0 excess points saved.

DT (Level 4)

vit: 20 + 5
Int: 16 + 4
Dex: 12 + 3
Str: 12 + 3

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Any cool new tricks?
DT: Not this time, sorry.
Alice: Figures...

> Alice: try and conjure a copy of your keys so you can get out of the bathroom

[Image: 131_by_terra414-dcenfml.png]

You try to remember how this conjuring thing went. Just think about it...Picture it in your mind... and...concentrate...

==>

[Image: 4_by_terra414-dceo062.gif]

Bam, flawless copy, down to the scratch from when they carried in the new toilet a couple years ago. This 'spawning' part comes fairly easy to you, but-

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Well?
DT: An illusion still.
Alice: Why is this so hard...
DT: Conjuring?
DT: Hahaha!
DT: You are literally bending reality to make things out of nothing, did you really expect to get good after just a few tries?
Alice: Yes?
DT: HAHAHA!!!
DT: You are really something else, Master, I can tell this run won't be a dull one. ewe

==>

[Image: 133_by_terra414-dcenfn6.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Yep, these keys don't work for shit.
Alice: Can't even pick them.
DT: Master, you shouldn't take your powers for granted.
DT: Some of the things you've pulled so far I've never seen before! That's no small feat.
DT: Especially on a juvenile guardian as you are.
Alice: And yet here we are, trapped in a bathroom.
Alice: Just me and my two cats.
Alice: And my useless imaginary keys.
DT: I'm sure it could be worse.
DT: We could be in here with the big guy from outside > w >;;;
Alice: ...I suppose.
Alice: Can't you just like, x3 the keys? Make them extra real?
DT: I can only make them what they are.
DT: Extra illusory. > w >
Alice: I don't suppose you have any ideas Razzie?
Alice: ...
DT: ...
Alice: ...
DT: ...
Alice: ...
DT: ... I don't think-
Alice: Yes Darko, thank you.
Alice: I'm glad you're here to clarify.

I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2018, 08:43 PM by Panur.)
06-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
CJayoj
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 2018
>Alice: Scream and hope a monster opens the door and then ambush it.
06-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Princezz
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Princess of Mirrors

Offline
Posts: 89
Joined: Apr 2016
UK
>Look for something you could try to pick the lock with
06-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,083
Joined: Nov 2015
>See if there is anything below the sink.
>Consider putting the entire door in your inventory.
>Have DT get help by creating a clone on the other side of the door.
06-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
amaranthineApocalypse
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 2017
>Don't most bathrooms just have a little thing you can unlock them with on the inside?
06-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
TerraTorment
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Apr 2016
(06-17-2018, 08:46 PM)CJayoj Wrote: >Alice: Scream and hope a monster opens the door and then ambush it.

downvoting, this is a bad idea, there are several monsters in the house (lil bugger, big stink, that iron turtle thing), dont want them teaming up against us

>Alice: maybe.... if you got the hang of making illussions first, you could then get to conjuring.

>Alice: this key you just made appear out of thin air is an illussion, just like you made it appear out of thin air you should be able to make it move, perhaps you could "pick it up" by making the key move as if you were picking it up while you act like you're picking it up, it's all about making it look like you are holding the key, much like an actor using a prop at a play
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2018, 12:09 AM by TerraTorment.)
06-17-2018, 09:09 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Fellow
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Guy the Chap

Offline
Posts: 1,083
Joined: Nov 2015
Oh, maybe
>Ask DT if the door would be open for you if you had one of those dreams where you didn't realize it's a dream.
(Alice doesn't seem to have used the word blackout dream)
06-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
quixoticTokki
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
soda pop

Offline
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 2016
> Can Razzie just like, bust a hole in the door with his claws so you can reach through and open it from the other side?
06-18-2018, 02:30 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 279
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
> Search for anything in the cabinets you can use to pick the lock, like a hairpin or a bobby pin preferably.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
06-19-2018, 12:27 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Panur
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Shipper of Crack

Offline
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 2016
> Can Razzie just like, bust a hole in the door with his claws so you can reach through and open it from the other side?

[Image: 134_by_terra414-dceyxsv.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Raziel, can you like, shred the door or something, please?

> Have DT get help by creating a clone on the other side of the door.

[Image: 135_by_terra414-dceyxv5.gif]

Raziel slashes wildly at the door. Despite it not seeming particularly durable, not much more than some scratches show on the surface.

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Guess not.
Alice: DT, I don't suppose you could just make a copy outside so it can open the door for us?
DT: Sorry, my copies can only appear immediately next to me...
DT: And not through solid barriers...
Alice: *sigh*

> Ask DT if the door would be open for you if you had one of those dreams where you didn't realize it's a dream.

[Image: 136_by_terra414-dceyxwa.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Oh, that's right, brother told me to ask you about that.
DT: About what?
Alice: Dreams that feel like you're awake, or something.
DT: But I already explained Blackout dreams to you...?
Alice: You did? When?
DT: While you were dressing up your, erm-
DT: Doll? >w> ;;;
Alice: You know how I get when I'm working on a project.
Alice: Explain again, please.
DT: Sure, Master!
DT: You remember what layers of darkness are, right?
Alice: It's like going into a copy of the same world, but it gets darker, time goes slower, and objects are affected by what's happening in higher levels.
Alice: There's more monsters and they are stronger and the only way to get there is to walk there by chance, wake up there or get smacked into another level.
DT: That's.... a very abridged but fairly accurate explanation.
Alice: Okay, and how does this relate to ...blackout dreams?
DT: Well! Normally, you go to bed and wake up here, with us.
DT: You see this world as it is because you are lucid dreaming.
Alice: Ok...
DT: A blackout dream is like going back to sleep when you're already inside a dream.
DT: Your brain's working on automatic, providing you with things it registers as 'normal' but they're more like the dreams you had before you started lucid dreaming.
DT: They seem normal to you and it's unlikely you'll ask yourself how you got there or why things are the way they are.
Alice: Wow that sounds...like a huge waste of time.
Alice: Brother made it seem like such a big deal, but hardly something to die over-

==>

[Image: 137_by_terra414-dceyxyg.gif]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
DT: HAHAHA!!
DT: NOT TO DIE OVER? DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING I JUST SAID??? >W>;;;
Alice: Wh- I mean, If I'm in another dream-
DT: Ohhh, no, Master.
DT: You are still riiight here.
DT: You just don't *notice*.
Alice: You mean...
DT: I mean: you may think the person ringing the door is the mailman with a very important letter for you...
DT: But what really happened is you just opened the door for our big friend outside.
DT: (...Unless you tripped on Stinky on the way there first) >w>
Alice: ...This is the worst thing ever.
DT: Not quite...
Alice: There can't be more.
DT: Hehehe, well-
Alice: There *is* more.
DT: You can black out inside a blackout dream.
Alice: That sounds.... confusing.
DT: It is!
DT: Imagine you realize the dream is fake, only to 'wake up' in what seems like real life, make your way to school-
DT: But you just walked out into LoMaM's nightlife. And you have no idea.
Alice: Shit....
DT: Not to mention, you can get seriously lost if you stay too long or play around too much on them. And not just you!
DT: In this world, I will always know where we are.
DT: But if I follow you there , even I may get confused.
DT: Given your skills...I’m actually a bit leery of what your blackout dreams may be like. >w>
DT: For all our sakes, I'd avoid them for as long as I could...
DT: Especially because if I die I get stuck there.
Alice: What if I die??
DT: You just go deeper in LoMaM while your brain is in the blackout dream.
DT: And then you have to realize you are sleeping, wake up to LoMaM and run for wherever you stashed your body before someone else kicks you out of it.
Alice: ...Does this happen to normal dreamers too?
DT: I...have no idea. owo
Alice: How can you not know?
DT: They're just trespassing in my Land. I don't know shit about them.
DT: They don't affect me in any way.
DT: But as I’ve told you, normal dreamers are a rare occurrence. I don't think I’ve ever seen more than maybe ten in- well, a long while.

>Alice: this key you just made appear out of thin air is an illusion, just like you made it appear out of thin air you should be able to make it move, perhaps you could "pick it up" by making the key move as if you were picking it up while you act like you're picking it up, it's all about making it look like you are holding the key, much like an actor using a prop at a play.

[Image: 138_by_terra414-dceyxzx.png]

You don't want to think about the ramifications of the where an ill timed nap may land you, or how you'd get out if that happenned. Better to use your time for something more productive.

You stare at the key. It mocks you with its unavailability.

==>

[Image: 139_by_terra414-dceyy1o.gif]

You wonder if you can just...

Just sort of reach over...

And...

Success!!

You have picked the key! It's kind of hard to keep a firm grasp on it and it feels a little wobbly and not-quite tangible, but you rush to the door to open it-

==>

[Image: 140_by_terra414-dceyy3m.gif]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
DT: ...Whaaaaat was thaaaat???
Alice: I...I almost had it...!
DT: Oh, Master...this again?
DT: When will you understand your illusions only work for you? You can't use them to interact with real objects!
Alice: ...e_e
DT: Very impressive you managed to pick it up, though! ^w^;;

>Don't most bathrooms just have a little thing you can unlock them with on the inside?

[Image: 141_by_terra414-dceyy5k.gif]

Maybe some *other* bathroom in a house that's not yours...? Besides you already know this bathroom needs a key. You got locked in, you know what the key looks like... If you could just unlock it from the inside you would have walked out by now!

It's almost as stupid as thinking you can fit the entire door in your inventory. Just imagining something so ridiculous and unhelpful makes you feel irritated.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A threshold for Alice's patience has been reached. If better care with the commands made is not taken, Alice may become unmanageable.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


>See if there is anything below the sink.

[Image: 142_by_terra414-dceyz50.png]

You check for the cabinets for anything that may help you out of your current situation, but nothing really jumps out as immediately useful. All you find is the plunger, gramps electric razor, his shaving foam, a half empty bag of cotton balls, soap, rubbing alcohol, cold medicine, band aids, your pads, some painkillers and the laundry hamper.

You leave everything right where it is, no sense on carrying things you don't need.

> Look for something you could try to pick the lock with.

[Image: 143_by_terra414-dceyz68.png]

Well, you do have your hairpin...! But it's not like you'd know how to use it for that.

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: ...I don't suppose either of you know how to pick a lock?
DT: I don't, but I’ve seen someone else do it enough times.
DT: I'm pretty confident I can try now that I have thumbs. ^w^
Alice: Some monster taught you to pick locks?
DT: A past Guardian.
Alice: Oh.
Alice: What was he like?
DT: She was a Locksmith of Woe.
Alice: ...And that made her good at lock picking?
DT: Oh, no.
DT: She just incidentally happened to be a pretty decent burglar. > w >
DT: And this is a fairly shitty lock.
Alice: Neat.
DT: Do you want me to give it a try?
DT: Keep in mind your hairpin will be destroyed, even if I manage.

1) Yes (give DT your hairpin to try to open the door)
2) No (Think of something else)

I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018, 01:44 AM by Panur.)
06-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
TerraTorment
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Apr 2016
okay guys lets be careful now, we just got warned alice's patience is running thin

>1
06-21-2018, 01:39 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Libra
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 2018
#2, with specifics.

Would it be possible to check through Gramp's electric razor for something that could be used as a substitute lockpick? At least, without destroying the real world equivalent, or the hair pin.
06-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 376
Joined: Apr 2016
Alice: Keep calm and hand over your hairpin
06-21-2018, 01:47 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
quixoticTokki
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
soda pop

Offline
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 2016
> Give DT the hairpin; it's worth a shot. Plus, you can always make an illusory hairpin, for the sake of fashion, to replace it later.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018, 02:37 AM by quixoticTokki.)
06-21-2018, 02:35 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
neferiusNexus
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Mage of Void

Offline
Posts: 348
Joined: Jan 2016
Land of Metal and Rain
>2. Make the illusionary key again. Use it as a template to carve a new one from a wide enough toothbrush or comb tail, using Raziel's claws as carving tools.
06-21-2018, 06:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
TerraTorment
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 318
Joined: Apr 2016
(06-21-2018, 06:26 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: >2. Make the illusionary key again. Use it as a template to carve a new one from a wide enough toothbrush or comb tail, using Raziel's claws as carving tools.

clever, seconding
06-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Panur
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Shipper of Crack

Offline
Posts: 312
Joined: Apr 2016
> Make the illusionary key again. Use it as a template to carve a new one from a wide enough toothbrush or comb tail, using Raziel's claws as carving tools.

[Image: 144_by_terra414-dcfg4b4.gif]

You try to think any way that will keep you from needing to use your beloved hairpin, but nothing comes to mind.

> Alice: Keep calm and hand over your hairpin

[Image: 145_by_terra414-dcfg4ef.png]

Spoiler: Show Chatlog
Alice: Guess there's no way around it...
DT: Aw, it’ll be fine by next time you come over, Master.

==>

[Image: 146_by_terra414-dcfg4f7.png]

DT separates the bobpin from the star. You save it in your inventory.

Due to his experience, DT has 2 in 3 chances of being able to open the door. A dice will be rolled to determine the outcome, and DT will succeed as long as it doesn't land on that number.

What number will you choose?

1)
2)
3)

I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 02:54 PM by Panur.)
06-26-2018, 02:52 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
amaranthineApocalypse
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 2017
3, why not
06-26-2018, 03:04 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
quixoticTokki
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
soda pop

Offline
Posts: 28
Joined: Sep 2016
3, as well
06-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
martialAcademic
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)

Offline
Posts: 260
Joined: Apr 2016
>3

Might as well.
06-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
intrepidPioneer
 RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1)
Pen user

Offline
Posts: 376
Joined: Apr 2016
>3 for the win
06-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply