Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Nostalgfia Day 7 - double date with death
Mirdini
 RE: Nostalgfia Day 5 - Flies like an arrow
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
the item Gun and Sight does exist, though.

My guess would be you get it by combining a Gun with a Glass Lens
07-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
seedy
the lowest of the low

huh, I guess she checked pharms n3? I could have SWORN she clarified it to n2 at one point...well, that opens up redirection possibilities I suppose. she could have been seeing Akumu, that would fit with “dying tonight.” although I gotta wonder why these drivings seem to move things ON to scummy players?
oh, by the way, according to my qt if a traditional redirecter targets a role like mine and changes my target to someone else, what happens is I just target the same person twice. so there’s that
07-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
(07-09-2018, 07:32 AM)Sunspider Wrote: Quick updoot/clarification:

Item-copped Pharms 2 nights back and saw poison and food, but didn't know they'd kept those items secret until Mirdini's summary. I'd not had the time to reread all the stuff I'd missed after the game resumed (sorry again for the absence).

When I thief, I see inventories, but not roles. Don't know if Pharms is actually a dual bus driver poisoner role so much as just had items and didn't claim. In any case, still seems highly scummy!

More soon.

@seedy Spoids said '2 nights back' which does check out w/ N3
07-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Pharmacy
wake me up in five.

Raw Water Hell
God, I rechecked my quicktopic like twice and there is ABSOLUTELY no poisons in my inventory in my results.

I suppose during the action summarization, I did had poison (???) but I got redirected/thieved so that's why Sunspider can see poison but I can't see any in my quicktopic.

N1: Toilet paper

N2: None

N3: 3 toilet tubes, 2 glass lens, an orange, fedora, tinfoil and bone.

N4: 3 toilet tubes, 2 glass lens, an orange, fedora, tinfoil and bone.

Sunspider, I like you but honestly, this goddamn mafia is getting way too long and GETTING real annoyed with Mafia In General, especially with the Day Extensions, the Post Accelerando, and the fact you been trying to grill me every time you have the opportunity. ANANNANNAANANGHUGUGUGH.
07-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Pharmacy
wake me up in five.

Raw Water Hell
Especially with POETRY.
07-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
@pharms by 'I did had poison' do you mean 'I could have had poison'? but yeah I think I see what you mean by that hypothetical, and I don't think that's how that would work so Welp.

also the rest of your items straight-up don't match up with what Sunspider said you had so... yeah idk what to believe even if sunspider flips not!mafia, bc it seems an awful lot like some sort of weird redirection or misunderstanding might have hit a 3p!sunspider in that case rather than you being actual scum, idk
07-12-2018, 06:29 PM
seedy
the lowest of the low

yeah, I remember the “2 nights back” thing, but then I think I had some kind of...dream fragment that’s indistinguishable from reality where she said it was actually n2 lol
I don’t really understand how Sunspider’s role is supposed to work (viewing items BEFORE other moves go???) so it’s hard to parse some of this

although it bears saying that IF there was a 1-way bus off of pharmacy onto possible scum then that COULD account for RL’s result? though honestly that would leave me still suspicious of Reyweld since all the theorizing about driving without being willing to commit had the vibe of someone who KNOWS there was a bus and that this “should” get them off the hook but who can’t come out and say so directly
this is just hypothetical though
07-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Wheat

*dog stops staring at sunspider, then unvotes bc from the point that sunspider claimed, they were not going to actually vote for seedy but wanted to see if anyone would bandwagon (so thats good). Closest is laser saying that would be a valid lynch, something that matches with either timid scum or so-called inexperienced town*

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
07-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Pharmacy
wake me up in five.

Raw Water Hell
@mirdini the latter yeah. god now i'm just kinda believing I have immunities cuz apparently I'm a busdriver who is invisible? but is a poison and watcher immune busdriver too op.
07-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Palamedes
Wicked Witch

Somewhere in Canada
Hey correct me if I'm wrong Sunspider but if you're a survivor you're actually more on scum's side aren't you? You know, since once it hits endgame you can just vote with them and win.

unvote, I've been swayed. I still think trying to lynch the scum driver or inventor is the safer bet since they can more readily mess with us while a Sunspider thief needs to take a shot in the dark to hit Mirdini, but I'll vote that way if that's how it needs to go.

Vote: Akumu
07-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
I mean, I still think Akumu's dying tonight by his own self, is the thing. That annoyed-post seemed pretty legit to me and that means lynching him now is kind of... wasting a lynch when lynches are in short supply
07-13-2018, 12:38 AM
Acionyx

Voteses:

Nercania: (1) (Schazer)
Akumu: (2) (Seedy, Palamedes)
Pharmacy: (1) (Sunspider)
Reyweld: (1) (Akumu)
Sunspider: (3) (Robust Laser, Reyweld, Mirdini)
Abstaining: (3) (nercania-orccelga, pharmacy,Wheat)

6 to Hard Lynch, 3 to Soft Lynch, deadline is 10:30 PM CST, July 14th, ~51 hours from now
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 12:42 AM by Acionyx.)
07-13-2018, 12:42 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
honestly if it comes down to it I think either a Sunspider lynch or an N-O lynch is the way to go.

and I'm still leaning on lynching Spoids bc while she sounds pretty believable, scum can certainly sound pretty believable when they want to. And that role feels pretty weird, as does the poison counter-claim deal with pharms. And worst case if she is a 3P survivor that saves us a headache at a possible LYLO anyway.
07-13-2018, 01:02 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
Like, the risk of a mafia!sunspider stealing either an antidote (to give to Akumu and thus making sure he survives the night) or stealing another useful item is much larger than the risk of Akumu redirecting one more time (if that's the role he is), imo.

Now this would all be moot if I could get an update that says my surprise item that will help us later can help us now, but unfortunately I'm thinking that's probably not the world we live in.
07-13-2018, 01:12 AM
seedy
the lowest of the low

hmm, yeah
unvote for now
Akumu...feels like they really are dying but also I dunno why they didn’t mention it sooner...you’d think they’d want to try and draw an antidote? I’m sort of worried that aside from lying there’s enough other kills floating around that...they’d be able to get to mylo tomorrow and joint with someone. though I guess if Sunspider really is a survivor then whatever other 3ps may or may not exist probably won’t be the kind that can joint? but the possibility is there
ofc no matter what we do mylo is nipping at our heels so vOv
07-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Wheat

Dog dog dog dog dog dog dog okay

07-13-2018, 03:22 AM
Wheat

(07-13-2018, 01:02 AM)Mirdini Wrote: and I'm still leaning on lynching Spoids bc while she sounds pretty believable, scum can certainly sound pretty believable when they want to.

(07-09-2018, 03:54 AM)Mirdini Wrote: Robust Laser's Day 3 'oh my god my checks have been worthless all along? wtf!' reaction to Seedy being a miller coming up again felt (and still feels) *very* much like new-ish town to me. Yeah, it could theoretically have been some sort of grand scum fakeclaim setup, but RL was under no real pressure at the time (beyond a 'hey you should post' poke) and I don't see why they would go with such a powerful roleclaim that forces them into the focal point of the game at that juncture if they were scum. Their posts since have also felt pretty town!

07-13-2018, 03:26 AM
Sunspider
Resident Swamp Witch

Midwestern US
(07-12-2018, 06:38 PM)seedy Wrote: I don’t really understand how Sunspider’s role is supposed to work (viewing items BEFORE other moves go???) so it’s hard to parse some of this

Tried to explain how it goes already; its pretty simple. Night falls, I post a Thief target, mod PMs me that players inventory before other night actions are confirmed or resolved, and I decide whether or not to steal from them based on the info. I haven't stolen yet, so don't know how actions resolve were I redirected, but when roleblocked by the Turkish Delight, I got an item list but no choice to steal or not; I was just blocked after item scanning Nola.

Not trying to contribute to a negative attitude Pharmacy, so sorry if I've done that. Buuuut how/why are you unsure if you have a poisoner role w/ poison immunity, etc? Why can't you confirm that?
07-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
(07-13-2018, 02:10 AM)seedy Wrote: hmm, yeah
unvote for now
Akumu...feels like they really are dying but also I dunno why they didn’t mention it sooner...you’d think they’d want to try and draw an antidote?

I mean, Akumu brought it up in his first post of the day (long before you claimed) after just being completely absent yesterday so I feel like he might’ve mentioned it as soon as remembered the game existed/felt like looking at it again in the hopes of, not dying to poison

demoralized mafiosi are a thing n’ all

plus he did claim he was the one that sent me poison and I think with all the poison we’ve seen it was probably handed to me by someone rather than generated - mafia jusr being able to conju up infinite poison would feel a bit OP
07-13-2018, 07:19 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
@spoids presumably bc pharms was also not aware her busdriving was untraceable, and is wondering if it’s possible her role has other secret aspects

@wheat there’s a difference between ‘townish weird claim’ + the kindnof stuff I’ve seen out of RL and Spoids’ ebtirely reasonable-sounding 3p claim after the closest thing to a guilty this game has

that being said two scientists does suggest a 3p or two bc that also makes them less powerful; it also makes RL’s claim of specifically checking for mafia (and 3ps checking as town) kinda more believable, I feel

but yeah still feeling reasonably confident re: a scum team of 2-3 of

Akumu/N-O/Sunspider and then maybe 1 out of Reyweld/Pharmacy/Robust Laser

really wish we had some way of cutting that latter Gordian knot without a reasonable risk of 2ish mislynches, though.
07-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
Also @wheat ty for leaving out the rest of my reasoning for why i think a Sunspider lynch is the way to go rn, even if I had RL and Sunspider down as equally scummy role considerations would make me wanna lynch Spoids

(ie worst case scenario if Sunspider is a mafia thief she can save Akumu and force us to use a lynch on him or steal another very useful item, if RL is scum item maker or w/e he can maybe just bomb someone again, and with Pharms bussing seedy it won’t be our most pivotsl role)
07-13-2018, 07:28 AM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Brightness
Also Seedy re: MYLO yeah that’s coming up if we do lynch a 3p survivor but otoh we def don’t want a 3p survivor still around at that point and also we have in the worst case an Akumu lynch on the table tomorrow (if he’s somehow lying about poison or gets saved somehow) which means it at least can’t be a mylo we mess up tomorrow, even if my poison ends up killing me come Day 7 bc weird shit happens with antidotes or something (at which point d7 would be 6 alive with presumably 2 scum)
07-13-2018, 07:37 AM
Wheat

(07-13-2018, 07:28 AM)Mirdini Wrote: Also @wheat ty for leaving out the rest of my reasoning for why i think a Sunspider lynch is the way to go rn, even if I had RL and Sunspider down as equally scummy role considerations would make me wanna lynch Spoids

*dog demonstrates that they dug that up bc not only was it a very scummy meaningless statement of junk reasoning ("scum can be believable, so i dont believe the claim being believable" wtf) but mirdini previously has gone on believability of claims, contradicting it*

*votes mirdini*

07-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Robust Laser
chillbug

Kelowna, BC, Canada, THE MOON
call me crazy but i don't think "scum can be believable sometimes" is inherently contradictory to "i believe this seems honest in this particular case"
07-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Robust Laser
chillbug

Kelowna, BC, Canada, THE MOON
like is this just another "i want to see who will go along with it" situation or is this flimsy excuse for a vote an actual accusation this time
07-13-2018, 02:32 PM