Nostalgfia - GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Nostalgfia - GAME OVER SCUM WIN
RE: Nostalgfia Day 1 - I don't know the meaning of the word!
Yeah I really don't like the Wheat bandwagon at all, especially what with how people keep trying to paint them as a lurker when they're currently far and away the most active player in the game right now.

I'm also a bit curious as to why Solaris and Seedy are voting for the dog when they both know full well how completely in character this is for Wheat. I mean, I have a guess, but I'd rather hear it from them directly.

(05-02-2018, 01:15 AM)Sunspider Wrote: »Also, I'm a little bit worried Wheat may be a Jester role that's TRYING to get lynched to end the game. I want to know more about the sitch first, but I'm down for a Day 2+ lynch, if Wheat basically can't participate in the discussion or day game.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

This would be the point where I'd start voting for "D1 bandwagons are bad except for when I do it" Sunspider, except that my vote was already on her.

Sunspider, could you explain your thought process for voting Wheat? Because as far as I can tell you've gone back and forth between "Wheat's barking is a jester thing" and "Wheat's barking is a lurker thing", which are both pretty bullshit IMO.
awww yeah we've done it, day one is now all about dog ethics and dog crimes

why couldnt it be about frog crimes instead :,<

RIP Frog Crimes
I wanna be a real friend, Don't wanna break when I bend
I wanna a be no seeker, I wanna scream eureka
It's about ethics in dog journalism. #doggate
Vote: Coldblooded
(05-02-2018, 05:45 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
Quote: - Softlynch: If someone has received more than 20% (rounded up) of the available vote and holds a plurality of votes when day ends naturally, then they die, and are removed from game.

20% softlynch is absolutely wild and something I completely missed, wowie. Yeesh.

Also highly doubt wheat is going to be a productive lynch both in terms of information and in terms of likelihood of them being scum (which I think is low, as things currently stand).

This brings me to my other dilemma, which is that I like almost everyone in this game and I want y'all to be around longer than day one, but also, lynching someone on day one is really the way to go

and

while Sol beat me to the punch I'm honestly up for a Vote: Coldblooded. Call it a hunch. Picture me squinting suspiciously at her posts. Which I guess you can't see very well because of the aviators, but hey, my brow scrunches up or something.
Also with 20% softlynch and 20 people alive isn't it 4 votes to softlynch, not 5? There's no rounding involved there, unless it's always N-1 in the lynch calculations because of assuming no self-voting?
In which case it'd be even more the case that it takes 4 votes to soft-lynch :B
(05-02-2018, 01:52 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »I mean the post I first addressed was a bunch of shade without any push towards everything so I threw a vote that way (I'll admit I missed the Wheat vote but I'll get to that later) but after some other people and I questioned him suddenly it's entirely going on the defensive.

Re: the Wheat vote Sunspider, you say you voted as a defense but also you didn't want to lynch him so...? And now here we are, with a couple posts that make me feel like you're going to blame other people for convincing you to go ahead and lynch the dog.

I didn't vote as a defense? Where's this coming from? I random-voted before Wheat had posted. They then proceeded to only bark and pee on things, so I threatened to keep it on them as pressure, while I ask some questions to figure out whether this was a post restriction thing (thus a bad reason for a lynch on it's own), or just Wheat being as unhelpful as possible (A better reason).

Also, no one "convinced me to do" anything, but they did help me realize I was overlooking the obvious by assuming too much about Wheat's response and unvoting; that they actually were just being obtuse, and weren't answering all my questions as true. Which brought me back to "Wheat is being as intentionally unhelpful as possible", and thus worthy of a lynch. More on this later.

Also also, if I'm tied to be lynched, mostly by single-post random voters who then vanish into silence, I'm going to A) call those people out and 2) otherwise defend against being killed. Why should I want to die, and not defend myself? That aside, if I realize I misread Wheat and was being dumb, are you saying I shouldn't have corrected my mistake, and instead should've doubled down? I know "conviction" looks good to people's lizard brains, but sometimes it's good to recognize when you messed up and not be a dummy.

(05-02-2018, 03:47 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Sunspider, could you explain your thought process for voting Wheat? Because as far as I can tell you've gone back and forth between "Wheat's barking is a jester thing" and "Wheat's barking is a lurker thing", which are both pretty bullshit IMO.

Who ever said Wheat was a Lurker? Where is this coming from too? And can you tell me when I said that? Heck, I've explicitly said the opposite: it's the two most Active Players who've garnered the most soon-to-be-lynched-ness, and mainly by random votes from people who then vanish, and votes with no reasons behind them which are bandwagoning on those random votes.

Also, unlike your vote on me, my vote wasn't a bandwagon; I was the first, and I presented my reasons (if you're uncertain on them still, see above paragraph please). In a nutshell, Wheat's extremely active "Just Dog Things" was them being Actively Unhelpful, and contrary to anyone trying to play the game, which isn't pro-town in my book. That said, they're starting to try to say things despite maintaining the dog thing. Vote's staying put while I think, but I'm going to go on re-considering my angry re-vote last night.

But hey, while I've got your attention you dang ectotherm. You've kept a random-vote (and a bandwagon vote literally right after Pharms' vote) on me, for using the word Cold-Blooded. Now, you're trying to make me look bad and get me killed for things I never did or said. You've tunnel-visioned on me, and your every post has been about me, with next-to-zero regard for anything else happening.

Literally all of your posts:Show

What's up with that?
(05-02-2018, 01:36 PM)Wheat Wrote: »*barks twice, runs around in a circle, then points nose towards the abstract concept of people in the future excusing a mislynch with 'the dog having some sort of gimmick was unhelpful, confusing, and distracting so who could blame me for getting it wrong' after greedily ramming through a d1 softlynch*

(05-02-2018, 05:10 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »In a nutshell, Wheat's extremely active "Just Dog Things" was them being Actively Unhelpful, and contrary to anyone trying to play the game, which isn't pro-town in my book. That said, they're starting to try to say things despite maintaining the dog thing. Vote's staying put while I think, but I'm going to go on re-considering my angry re-vote last night.

b Whoa r k
[Image: RjvYOd.png]
Since there seems need to be clarification here, "more than" is the part that makes it 5, not 4.

Quote: - Softlynch: If someone has received more than 20% (rounded up) of the available vote and holds a plurality of votes when day ends naturally, then they die, and are removed from game.

I guess the "(rounded up)" bit is redundant though.
(05-02-2018, 05:10 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »weren't answering all my questions as true.

Quote:If you would be so kind...
- If you're being a goof, bark once.
- If you're under some kind of "No Talking, Barks Only, Final Destination" restriction for Day 1, woof twice.
- If you're under such a restriction for longer, bork thrice.
- If it's more complicated than that, or none of the above are the case, please boof four times.

Quote:bark woof bork boof yip
Another, totally orthogonal clarification that I feel the need to make:

You can interact with items you have at any time by messaging me in your QTs. Many of them have no effect until nightfall, however. Regardless, I'll try to process item requests in your quicktopics within 24 hours, and let you know whether or not their effects can be used by nightfall.
(05-02-2018, 01:36 PM)Wheat Wrote: »*barks twice, runs around in a circle, then points nose towards the abstract concept of people in the future excusing a mislynch with 'the dog having some sort of gimmick was unhelpful, confusing, and distracting so who could blame me for getting it wrong' after greedily ramming through a d1 softlynch*

(Sunspider promptly hops down on all fours and totters about making bad bark impressions, ripping the stuffing out of perfectly sensible arguments Because Dog, and starting to pop a squat right over the entire game itself, ready and willing to make a mess of everything. From offstage right, whistles and hurried footsteps are heard, as The Dogcatchers enter stage. Then, still squatting precipitously, Sunspider holds up a small printed missive that says "Actually going after me is bad. You guys are the bad ones for getting mad at me for what I'm doing. I deserve a free pass to do whatever, because I'm just dog. You're the real problem.")

This is my impression of you right now.
*woofs at nercania-orccelga, who joke-voted for solaris and then quickly switched to bandwagon with them on me and hasn't shown up since. howls at them to come back.*

vote voooooooooooooooooote.

*votes nercania-orccelga*
(05-02-2018, 05:38 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »(Sunspider promptly hops down on all fours and totters about making bad bark impressions, ripping the stuffing out of perfectly sensible arguments Because Dog, and starting to pop a squat right over the entire game itself, ready and willing to make a mess of everything. From offstage right, whistles and hurried footsteps are heard, as The Dogcatchers enter stage. Then, still squatting precipitously, Sunspider holds up a small printed missive that says "Actually going after me is bad. You guys are the bad ones for getting mad at me for what I'm doing. I deserve a free pass to do whatever, because I'm just dog. You're the real problem.")

This is my impression of you right now.

*looks at all of your posts and laughs in the same awful human tone as before for having doing the same things by constantly changing what your stated motivations are, and also because dog does not mind being lynched if the people voting for them are okay with the scrutiny that doing so brings*
doof. doof. death.

[Dog has achieved a new word of speech! Death unlocked!]
again I’m voting wheat cuz I hate fun it’s not that deep

I’m glad we have real wagons now I was getting bored of the same three people talking/barking. more people talking would be even better though. I feel so emasculated after the rush of CH5, I miss being able to very directly threaten people to post

anyways claiming d1 is epic cringe but in the hopes of avoiding an even more pantsless and more awkward d2

im miller?
Gentle persistent screaming
(05-02-2018, 05:10 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »Who ever said Wheat was a Lurker? Where is this coming from too? And can you tell me when I said that?

I'll grant you that using "lurker" there was poor choice of words on my part, but I don't really think it's all that far off when you claim in this same post that you voted Wheat for being "as intentionally unhelpful as possible", which is a really weird interpretation of reality in a world where about half of the playerlist has either not voted or not made enough posts to count on one hand yet.

It's also strange to me that you keep trying to push this narrative about Wheat being intentionally unhelpful, while outright ignoring all of the reasonable opinions that Wheat's been freely giving out in between dog jokes. I don't believe that calling Wheat "actively unhelpful" is at all justifiable unless you're cherry-picking evidence.

(05-02-2018, 05:10 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »But hey, while I've got your attention you dang ectotherm. You've kept a random-vote (and a bandwagon vote literally right after Pharms' vote) on me, for using the word Cold-Blooded. Now, you're trying to make me look bad and get me killed for things I never did or said. You've tunnel-visioned on me, and your every post has been about me, with next-to-zero regard for anything else happening.

The reason I've been asking you about your various bandwagon comments is because I wanted to see if you would be able to figure out the correct answer on your own, which is that bandwagoning early on D1 is actually a good thing because otherwise nothing ever happens worth talking about for a long time.

(Also for what it's worth, I didn't even see Pharm's vote there until after I'd already hit post, but if I had I would have voted for you there anyway, if only to try and get a read on you since you're one of the few people here that I've never played mafia with before.)

Quote:Sunspider(3) - Pharmacy, Coldblooded, Palamedes
Wheat(3) - Seedy, Solaris, nercania-orccelga, Sunspider

It's interesting that you have such negative opinions of "bandwagoners" when they're voting for you, but seemingly have no problem with any of the people voting for Wheat. Though maybe that's a bit unfair considering that you are in fact one of the people getting voted for here.

On second thought fuck it.

Vote Nercania-Orccelga
not entirely sure that i like you going for this option cold-blooded but 3/5 is always a very bad fun part of the curve to be in.... im not going to change my vote yet but this is definitely a shrimpteresting place to be in...
Well shit, I just remembered what a miller role is. My initial thought is that that role is too broken and that RobotNerd wouldn't have put it in the game, but I'll ask in my QT anyway just to make sure.

At least this solidifies in my mind that Wheat is town and that one of the people voting for them is probably scum.
(05-02-2018, 03:28 PM)Solaris Wrote: »like, CSJ, the difference between me, an innocent and lovely townsperson who can do no wrong and granola, an as of yet unproven and mysterious type is that he got the first post and i got the second
Between that post and now though, there's been nothing much to suggest it's any less of a decent choice. At worst, we will deny someone the chance to steal their gun. If there are items, odds are there's a scum role that can take them.

Better than killing Spider or Solaris, imo.
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
Looking over the thread, Robottobt has made a grand total of 1 empty post. I feel much safer voting for them than Wheat or Sunspider since they at the very least, are either making things more interesting and entertaining.

Voting Robottobt, and opening my present.
Hey so first of all the only difference between Wheat's more useless posts and the good chunk of the playerlist who've barely posted is that his shitposts were done as a dog. Agree on comments of cherry picking evidence, not super feeling offing Coldblooded on a hunch this early even though I sort of get where it's coming from as of the last coulle posts.

Sunspider I'm not saying that anyone argued you into voting Wheat, in case that's not clear, I'm saying that it seems like you were intentionally avoiding jumping on him despite everything you were saying otherwise with a pretty eh reason and then as soon as you had an excuse from someone else you were immediately there, so it wouldn't entirely be your fault when he died. It is also okay to correct yourself! What's getting me is that it feels like your whole thing has been defending yourself and going for the one other person that you had both mentioned and was getting real attention/votes. I dont know if it's a coincidence.

CSJ, why specifically mention Solaris when, as far as I can tell, that hasn't been on the table yet?

seedy, if you did believe in fun who would you be looking at instead of the dog?
(05-02-2018, 08:50 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »CSJ, why specifically mention Solaris when, as far as I can tell, that hasn't been on the table yet?
Meant to say wheat, sorry for any confusion. I think the arguments already made in their defence are reasonable enough.