Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Webcomic Deer Rectory
a52
 RE: Webcomic Deer Rectory
midipunk clipartcore

Location: Once a frontline combatant in the Omnic Crisis, this curious Bastion unit now explores the world, fascinated by nature but wary of a fearful humanity.
I finally read KSBD. It's super good. The plot reminds me a lot of The Property of Hate (which I mentioned above), and the religion reminds me of Bokononism from Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. There's a lot of symbolism and background lore, so I wish I had started reading it back on the MSPA forums in 2014 so I could discuss it with people.

Unfortunately though, I've read through three years of work, and I can't recall if Allison has managed to kill one demon, let alone six billion.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 02:16 AM by a52.)
10-17-2016 01:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

Spoiler :
the tree husband got killed

the religion draws heavily from dharmic (hindu, buddhist) mysticism and from death metal

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
10-17-2016 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a52
midipunk clipartcore

Location: Once a frontline combatant in the Omnic Crisis, this curious Bastion unit now explores the world, fascinated by nature but wary of a fearful humanity.
Spoiler :
was tree husband a demon? i thought the seven conquerors were all originally human

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
10-17-2016 04:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

"demon" is used as "bad person." operant said that they might have called it "kill seven black emperors" but that isn't as catchy.

plus the alt text for that page is "demons killed: 1"

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
10-17-2016 04:57 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

O Human Star - I read it, it's good, and you should too

It's occasionally NSFW and will be back from end-of-chapter hiatus in three days

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
12-02-2016 06:14 AM
Plaid
super gay

O Human Star is one of my faves. Its really, really worth the read

Actually while i'm in here i'm going to recc On A Sunbeam which updates a chapter a week(!), is absolutely gorgeous and has super well written characters! Its a sort of scifi futuristic type thing where there are a bunch of space ships shaped like koi and the main character seems... Kind of adrift, in life. It switches back and forth between her time in a boarding school and the present day, where shes part of some sort of... Archaeology? Building? type restoration group that repairs old temples and things out in space.

[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 12:54 PM by Plaid.)
12-02-2016 12:47 PM
Superficial
Super Shark

I've actually read Oh Man Star, but forgot all about it. I really should pick that up again (Al's mysterious tragedy is calling out to me). I've found out about the comic from Bicycle Boy's link page.

SPEAKING of Bicycle Boy (That was a terrible transition), Bicycle Boy is also a pretty good comic. It's about this cyborg amnesiac that is basically a sheltered nugget despite being stranded in a deserted apocalypse where a lot of murder happens. He has a bicycle and can miraculously ride it across sand dunes. Also bandits. Lots of bandits with a ridiculous amount of bandannas and belts. It's a good one if you like Borderlands and color-coded scenery.

On A Sunbeam seems pretty darn interesting. I'm checking it out right now and I really like the spaceship designs. Just imagine how those ships can move if they were animated!
12-04-2016 01:35 AM
Bobert
The Ayatollah of Coca Cola

My friend JR/TheCeoofDeath just recently completed the first book of his webcomic Demon Kings and brought it out of a two year hiatus. I finished reading chapter 6 which is the last chapter. I highly recommend you read it.
Here is some cover art for book 1, as incentive (too big, hidden under spoiler):
Spoiler :
[Image: DK-Test-CVR.png]
12-21-2016 12:13 AM
SC
The Hoip of Hoips

Not sure if these have been posted already, but might as well put my hats in to the RINGS OF DEATH™(SM)® MARK 3©(PATENTPENDING)™:

- Supercrash!
- Oddity Woods
- Ozzie the Vampire
- Honey Crab
- Postcards in Braille
- Hot Dagn
- Colorless
- Brainchild
- Inhibit
- Parisa
- Long Exposure
- Honey and Venom
- Drugs and Wires
- Crossed Wires

And finally, I give the Spriteclad Seal of Approval™ to one of my favorite underrated comics, Crow Cillers. It's so good and weird and good and WEEIRD AND GOOOOD. Please read it. I beg of thee.

...in fact, please read all of these webcomics. I know I listed like, seventy here, but they're all SO GOOD.

also i'm not sure if this counts but here it is anyway cause i love it

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 11:05 PM by SC.)
03-16-2017 10:44 PM