Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Sack Boogies
Author Message
smuchmuch
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 2016
>When you remove the bag, they're probaly going to make some fuss. Dont hesitate to kick them in various places to pacify them.
>A few knock with your trusty ZUBATON on the head too. Probably good for what they have. .. unlikely to make things any worse, given how far they've gone.
06-23-2018, 01:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
thriggle
 RE: Sack Boogies
I thought it would be funny.

Offline
Posts: 763
Joined: Dec 2011
(06-22-2018, 07:00 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: >Yeah, that's a mess, just get him out of here and pick the additional boogie sack, might have a few boogies there that will help a lot. No one will care if you borrow them just for a minute or two.

You pull Fartbuttsman to his feet and extract him from the Boogie Sack.

[Image: kC2BpFL.png]

"Sorry man, but I might need this. There's trouble on the road ahead. I don't suppose you could make yourself useful?"

[Image: 6mRpZSR.png]

Fartbuttsman: "Children of the night... what music they make..."

Doesn't seem likely that he'll assist you, but hey, maybe the Boogie Sack will come in handy.

(06-22-2018, 07:00 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: >After removing the guy from the sack, you might try to find you luck and seek for anything good in the cargo.

While Fartbuttsman moans and slumps against the wall, you quickly examine the contents of the cargo crates. It's mostly broken eggs now, but you do find some unbroken things:

[Image: j9VmTNu.png]

...two unbroken eggs, one electron macroscope, and one galvanized steel leaf clamper.

Fartbuttsman: "Loot, loot, loot so low... lute solo... lewd sew... low..."

[Image: HePFT5L.png]

You're eager to head up top and scope out the approaching Boogie using your newly acquired macroscope, but you stop to consider whether you should do anything about Fartbuttsman before leaving him unsupervised again.
06-29-2018, 02:14 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
btp
 RE: Sack Boogies
word juggleryer

Offline
Posts: 3,849
Joined: Nov 2011
Texas
Pat. Pat.
06-29-2018, 03:59 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LammarWesley
 RE: Sack Boogies

Online
Posts: 305
Joined: Nov 2016
Brazil, Somewere
>Put the dude down and snap your fingers, he's going to initate to act like a chicken or sleep.
>Just remove anything that can hurt him from there and lock the doors.
>Time to get out to get a few birds.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 04:04 AM by LammarWesley.)
06-29-2018, 04:03 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: May 2016
Treat him like a sack boogie? Tell him that if he stays put, he'll be allowed to be in the sack again.
06-29-2018, 06:36 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Sack Boogies
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>Put him in a crate, he is a danger to himself if left unchecked

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
06-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
thriggle
 RE: Sack Boogies
I thought it would be funny.

Offline
Posts: 763
Joined: Dec 2011
(06-29-2018, 03:59 AM)btp Wrote: Pat. Pat.
(06-29-2018, 06:36 AM)Smurfton Wrote: Treat him like a sack boogie? Tell him that if he stays put, he'll be allowed to be in the sack again.

You comfort old Fartbuttsman with a few pats on the head.

[Image: 1Iv8uKW.png]

"Listen, man..." you say soothingly, "if you stay here and don't run off, you can go back in the Boogie Sack once the danger is past. Sound good?"

Fartbuttsman: "We never finished the-- EGGS!"

Hmmm. You decide you better secure him more thoroughly just in case that little incentive didn't get through.

(06-29-2018, 01:52 PM)Reyweld Wrote: >Put him in a crate, he is a danger to himself if left unchecked
(06-29-2018, 04:03 AM)LammarWesley Wrote: >Just remove anything that can hurt him from there and lock the doors.

You add the macroscope and leaf clamper to your utility belt and then put Fartbuttsman into a cargo crate.

You put the two unbroken eggs into the crate with him, figuring he won't be able to hurt himself with them.

[Image: D7TJhOY.png]

"Here, pal. Keep an eye on these, they're under your protection. Got it?"

Fartbuttsman: "...yes, yes, in the dark with the eggs. ALWAYS the eggs! In the darkness..."

(06-29-2018, 04:03 AM)LammarWesley Wrote: >Time to get out to get a few birds.

Whatever. You close the box and head out of the cargo hold, locking it again behind you.

Time to collect some of those fallen CLOCKATIELs while you still can.

[Image: XPpAZG3.png]

You open the outer hatch and make sure the area is clear of hostiles before jumping down.

[Image: WVUTVId.png]

Knowing that time is of the essence, you start scooping up the first subdued CLOCKATIEL you see. Meanwhile, you're considering your next moves for defeating or avoiding the large Sack Boogie down the road.

[Image: rzKhWIR.png]

Is there anything you can do to keep the crawler out of danger and allow it to get past the threat?
06-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Sack Boogies
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
>Sneakerat: Get Run Over

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
06-29-2018, 03:05 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
 RE: Sack Boogies
The Goddamn Pacman

Online
Posts: 8,714
Joined: Jul 2011
Well, it's drawn by your noisy Sack Boogie. If the small fry are showing up anyways, maybe you'd be better off putting it back in the sack and seeing if the big one loses interest.

Otherwise your best bet is probably to give the beast some kind of distraction and drive past it while it's occupied with that?

I guess you could also try ramming it with the crawler, but that would be incredibly reckless and you wouldn't ever seriously consider it. The only way that could possibly happen would be if one of your passengers got to the controls and started playing around or something, but what are the chances of that.
06-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Sack Boogies
An Eggshell Painted Black

Offline
Posts: 966
Joined: Dec 2016
Is that a PLUMA? Wuh-oh.

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
06-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: May 2016
Have your ANNOISY head away from the crawler while calling. If you think you can defeat it, probably best not to do that, losing your ANNOISY would be sad.
06-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
thriggle
 RE: Sack Boogies
I thought it would be funny.

Offline
Posts: 763
Joined: Dec 2011
(06-29-2018, 03:14 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: Well, it's drawn by your noisy Sack Boogie. If the small fry are showing up anyways, maybe you'd be better off putting it back in the sack and seeing if the big one loses interest.

Otherwise your best bet is probably to give the beast some kind of distraction and drive past it while it's occupied with that?
(06-29-2018, 06:07 PM)Smurfton Wrote: Have your ANNOISY head away from the crawler while calling. If you think you can defeat it, probably best not to do that, losing your ANNOISY would be sad.

You have an idea. For some reason, the smaller Sack Boogies don't seem to be frightened by your ANNOISY, so there's not much benefit keeping it on the crawler as a deterrent.

Instead, you can send ANNOISY out to distract the big Boogie and lead it away from the road.

[Image: t44et3B.png]

While the crawler continues safely along the road, you can ride out into the murderforest on your cyclotron and attack the big Boogie from behind. Even if you aren't able to defeat it, you might be able to recover your ANNOISY before it gets hurt and make your escape once the crawler is safely out of range.

It's a little risky for a number of reasons. It'll be difficult to control the ANNOISY as it gets further out of range of your Boogie Sack, so you'll need to counter that by leaving more of your Sack Boogies in the Boogie Sack so that it has fewer subumbral connections to maintain. If you run into any opposition in the murderforest, instead of pulling out a Boogie and engaging you'll have to just outrun it until you get closer to your ANNOISY (unless you want to risk it running amok or escaping).

You climb back into the crawler and head to the roof so you can get a good look at the big Boogie through the macroscope.

[Image: gV9RzKy.png]

You notice nothing out of the ordinary along the way.

Spoiler :
Welcome to the PARALLEL SHADOW SUBPLOT! (All PARALLEL SHADOW SUBPLOT suggestions should henceforth be posted in spoilers.)

(06-29-2018, 03:05 PM)Reyweld Wrote: >Sneakerat: Get Run Over

You are now a wild BAARDVARK.

[Image: fvkeIi2.png]

You umbrificate into the shadows of this weird machine, then disumbrificate into the darkest place you can find.

[Image: KNI5Kik.png]

Wow, it's kinda crowded in here.

Up on the roof, you pull out the electron macroscope and examine the trail ahead.

[Image: Uzh0Nw1.png]

Blast! That has to be a wild BOWLDOZER, a legendary dishware-type Sack Boogie.

[Image: GqgiRR4.png]

It's likely to be surrounded by a flock of protective PLATELETS, which could complicate your battleplan. It's also too big for your Boogie Sack, so you won't be able to capture it even if you subdue it.

On the other hand, BOWLDOZERs are known for moving forward in straight lines (ignoring and obliterating most obstacles in their way) while being slow to turn around. So your plan to draw it off course might just work!

And hey, if you can snag a PLATELET for yourself, you could someday have a BOWLDOZER of your own!

Is there anything else you want to do before you send your ANNOISY out into the murderforest to distract the beast, or is it time to get this party started?
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 12:21 AM by thriggle.)
07-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Sack Boogies
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
Spoiler :
>Play a dirge about how being in a crowded box sucks.

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
07-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: Sack Boogies
Comander obviou's

Offline
Posts: 3,882
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
Once you send out the annoisy, see if you can redirect the vehicle out of the BOWLDOZER's path, so that even if the ANNOISY doesn't distract it much you can hopefully avoid it.
07-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LammarWesley
 RE: Sack Boogies

Online
Posts: 305
Joined: Nov 2016
Brazil, Somewere
>Check the creatures in the other sack, as they don't have any subumbral connections with your annoyse.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
07-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
thriggle
 RE: Sack Boogies
I thought it would be funny.

Offline
Posts: 763
Joined: Dec 2011
(07-08-2018, 06:20 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: >Check the creatures in the other sack, as they don't have any subumbral connections with your annoyse.

You suddenly realize that you might not be so defenseless away from your ANNOISY after all; you have the extra Boogie Sack from the cargo hold.

[Image: 6HVJVLZ.png]

You reach into the sack and feel around to see if you can grasp any partially disumbrificated Sack Boogies bound to the sack.

[Image: VHNxIV1.png]

There's supposed to be an art to this, but it's always been pretty subconscious for you... you know what you want to grab, then you reach in and grab it. But without knowing what you're looking for it's not so easy.

Finally, you manage to grab hold of something cold and metallic.

[Image: SkXeEaB.png]

You pull out a crimson Sack Boogie that your neural ensacklopedia identifies as a WASPRING.

[Image: rZ47vlC.png]

Nice, this little flyer could come in useful. Looks like it'll be maneuverable and can keep pace with you while you're mounted on the cycle.

You put it back in the Boogie Sack feeling more confident about your odds against the BOWLDOZER. Nothing left now but to execute the plan.

You pull your ANNOISY back out of your Boogie Sack and send it out into the murderforest, braying and buzzing noisomely.

[Image: MueRlFy.png]

(07-08-2018, 01:51 PM)a52 Wrote: Once you send out the annoisy, see if you can redirect the vehicle out of the BOWLDOZER's path, so that even if the ANNOISY doesn't distract it much you can hopefully avoid it.

You head down to the control room to get the crawler moving again and to see if you can wrangle the controls from their autopilot settings.

You'd feel better if the crawler weren't constrained to stay on the road. Then you might have a chance to avoid the BOWLDOZER even if it doesn't take your noisy bait.

[Image: AuCFc95.png]

The autopilot is a bit finnicky and stubborn, but after a terse argument you finally convince it to grant you limited override it if need be. The autopilot does whine about the density of the murdertrees hereabouts, which you have to admit makes going off course more difficult.

In any case, it's good to know you can at least try to crash through the forest in an emergency.

Spoiler :
PARALLEL SHADOW SUBPLOT

(07-08-2018, 01:11 PM)Reyweld Wrote: >Play a dirge about how being in a crowded box sucks.

You play a song of sorrow.

[Image: fYe5IYp.png]

A fellow creature of the darkness joins its voice to yours in dismal harmony.

With the crawler in motion, you head down to the equipment locker and grab your cyclotron. You can hear Fartbuttsman moaning out a mournful tune, so at least you know he's still alive, onboard, and has enough air.

[Image: 4D8zNTC.png]

You hop down from the crawler and mount your cycle, throttling forward in advance of the larger vehicle.

[Image: Fc1XRkS.png]

In only a short while, you see the trail of broken trees left by the BOWLDOZER. Looks like it's off the trail and pursuing your ANNOISY.

[Image: BjzXvOc.png]
07-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 231
Joined: May 2016
Looks like if you had a BOWLDOZER you'd be able to make a pretty penny clearing out roads through the MURDERFOREST. Those PLATELETS sure do sound like a good catch.
07-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LammarWesley
 RE: Sack Boogies

Online
Posts: 305
Joined: Nov 2016
Brazil, Somewere
>Follow the bowldozer for a bit and until he's distant enough, pick annoyse up
>take care of murder trees, theses one eyed beasts.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
07-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Sack Boogies
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
(07-09-2018, 03:20 AM)Smurfton Wrote: Looks like if you had a BOWLDOZER you'd be able to make a pretty penny clearing out roads through the MURDERFOREST. Those PLATELETS sure do sound like a good catch.

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
07-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Reyweld
 RE: Sack Boogies
Tra͟sh R͠oya͢l ̷of S͜hi҉t To̢wn͞

Offline
Posts: 5,567
Joined: Dec 2014
De Da De Da De Datta
Spoiler :
>Reverse heist yourself out of the box, making all others in the box a part of The Crew

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
07-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
thriggle
 RE: Sack Boogies
I thought it would be funny.

Offline
Posts: 763
Joined: Dec 2011
(07-09-2018, 03:20 AM)Smurfton Wrote: Looks like if you had a BOWLDOZER you'd be able to make a pretty penny clearing out roads through the MURDERFOREST. Those PLATELETS sure do sound like a good catch.
(07-09-2018, 04:55 AM)LammarWesley Wrote: >Follow the bowldozer for a bit and until he's distant enough, pick annoyse up


You head down the path left by the BOWLDOZER, with a determination to catch a PLATELET for yourself if you make it through this alive.

[Image: GiTlyaG.png]

You're hopeful that if you lead it far enough off the path you might even be able to avoid a direct fight with the BOWLDOZER and just snag one of its attendant PLATELETS and retrieve your ANNOISY before it knows what's happened.

It's not long before you catch sight of one of the PLATELETS emerging from the dust cloud at the base of the BOWLDOZER and heading straight for you.


[Image: OEbQX5Y.png]

Spoiler :
(07-09-2018, 01:24 PM)Reyweld Wrote: >Reverse heist yourself out of the box, making all others in the box a part of The Crew
Alright, enough messing around. It's time for The Big Reverse Heist. You're putting a crew together.

First things first, everybody needs codenames.

[Image: 3TpuDKz.png]

The little guys will obviously be Hard Boiled Yolkozuna and Little Sheldon.

But what's this big guy's codename going to be?

You're prepared for the attacking Sack Boogie and quickly pull out that red WASPRING from the borrowed Boogie Sack and hurl it toward the aerial dishware.

[Image: KXsjfjG.png]

Combat is nigh! What should be WASPRING's first move?
07-17-2018, 03:05 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Actually Ed
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 2018
Spoiler :
The big guy is Ol' Singin' Pete. Your first plan of action is to send those HEGGHOGS to scout around the area while you and Pete form a home base
07-17-2018, 04:23 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Arcanuse
 RE: Sack Boogies
An Eggshell Painted Black

Offline
Posts: 966
Joined: Dec 2016
>WASPRING, use WINDUP STING!

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
07-17-2018, 04:28 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Sack Boogies

Offline
Posts: 438
Joined: Apr 2016
>Discover soon that wasp-type stings are pretty much useless against platelet's hardened skin. Who could have foreseen this!?

Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
07-18-2018, 05:52 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LammarWesley
 RE: Sack Boogies

Online
Posts: 305
Joined: Nov 2016
Brazil, Somewere
>BOING YOURSELF, WASPRING!

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
07-18-2018, 07:43 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply