Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

A Basic Guide to Fortuna's Mechanics
CosmicClaxon
 A Basic Guide to Fortuna's Mechanics

Heyo! I’ve decided to host a document with “Behind the Scenes” information I’ve gathered over the last few months of being active in the Fortuna fandom. Since I run a Fantuna Adventure (Tele-Trek), these mechanics have been super helpful to know so I can run my game more efficiently. Figuring someone else could be in my shoes, here's my best shot at filling that role.

Some sections contain my own explanations, but most are just direct quotes from Gimeurcookie/close creators/the comic itself, but compiled into one place so they’re easy to find. I hope it's helpful!

DISCLAIMERS
Spoiler :
*An official “Behind the Scenes” (Meta/God/Clockwork) section of the Cosmosdex is in the works, but it may take a while. This document does not plan on replacing the section(s). Rather, it is a temporary substitute, and its information should be taken with a grain of salt. This information might not even be necessary depending on the type of fantuna you want to run.

*Since this information is being compiled from a consumer, if you spot a mistake, please let me know!

*If you’d like an additional section, you can leave a suggestion on the thread, but keep in mind that I don’t have the ability to answer how something in Fortuna works unless Gimeurcookie or another close creator answers for me. Gimeurcookie and the other creators have busy schedules, as is why the official section doesn’t exist yet, so please be patient and respectful when it comes to confirming or denying mechanics. Their time is valuable.

*A lot of basic mechanics are explained in Game 0's tutorial. This guide will try not to repeat that stuff too much. Check the tutorial before suggesting sections.

*Some questions might be left unanswered because going too in depth would be confusing or unnecessary. If there isn't a specific formula, it's probably a mix of eyeballing, storytelling, and luck. Fortuna is ultimately more concerned with storytelling and luck, after all.

TL;DR This document offers formulaic information for fantuna creators and context for readers.

Thanks for reading! ^U^

[Guide]

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
LoverIan
 RE: A Basic Guide to Fortuna's Mechanics
Gay Owl

Helpful and well detailed.
I recommend this :100::100::100::100::100: out of 10

[LIVE] - AliCat2020's modded dlc playthrough, like and subscribe if you enjoyed
[M]om - Be an M-class and run your own village =)

Yesterday, 09:15 PM
CosmicClaxon
 RE: A Basic Guide to Fortuna's Mechanics

Added a new section about passive traits! Passive traits have a chance of playing a role in Game 3, as we now have notail and uutzi crew members~!

[Image: ny0KZnp.png]
2 hours ago