Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Elsewhere
Sunspider
 Elsewhere
Resident Bog Witch

Midwestern US
Hello, and thank you for expressing your interest in joining the Boundless Frontiers Expedition Program. We are so happy that you've chosen to embark on this important journey with us. Starting a new life from scratch on an unexplored world can be both exciting and intimidating, but whatever your reason for joining us in this endeavor, we hope to make your expedition as successful and personally fulfilling as possible.

- Dr. Pekko, Program Administrator.

1) GOALS:
In order to help us match you with other compatible candidates, tell us a bit about why you wish to join an expedition to a new world, and what you hope to get out of it. Don't worry, your answers will remain confidential, and will never be shared with other members of your expedition.

Please mark two of the following goals, which best describe your reasons for joining a new expedition.

[ ] GROWTH: To find direction, and become a better and more authentic person.
[ ] COMMUNITY: To collaborate with others, and build something together.
[ ] CAREGIVING: To support and protect others, and help those in need.
[ ] ACCEPTANCE: To connect with people who can truly appreciate and understand you.
[ ] HAPPINESS: To better enjoy life, and lighten the world around you.
[ ] REVOLUTION: To build a better place to be, free of injustice and social ills.
[ ] FREEDOM: To seek new experiences, and live a life that's more true to yourself.
[ ] CREATION: To make something of value to you, and realize a personal vision.
[ ] MASTERY: To develop and utilize your skills, and demonstrate your worth.
[ ] DISCOVERY: To seek and share truth, and discover more about the cosmos.
[ ] GUIDANCE: To use your skills to bring change and meaning to others.
[ ] ORDER: To earn respect, by guiding and shaping a sucessful enterprise.

2) SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Building a new settlement on an undeveloped world will take a variety of skills, and everyone will need to do what they can to provide for the community. In order to create a more well-rounded expedition group, please list two skills, fields of study, or bodies of experience you consider to be your areas of expertise. Then, list two more skills you consider yourself reasonably competent at, and a final two which you hope to better develop during your expedition.

EXPERT:
>
>
COMPETENT:
>
>
AVERAGE:
>
>

3) PERSONAL EFFECTS:
Each expedition will be outfitted with the necessary equipment and materials to begin constructing their settlement. In addition to these, all members of the expedition are permitted two personal items, tools, or other effects beyond basic necessities. What will you be bringing?

ITEMS:
>
>

4) GATE KEY:
In order to open a Gate to a new world, every member of an expedition must contribute a personally meaningful item to function as a Gate Key. Note that these objects and your emotional connection with them will influence the nature of the world the Gate will link you to. Also, remember that Gate Keys will not be making the crossing in their original state, so be sure you are comfortable with your choice. As such, what will you be contributing, and what is the nature of it's significance to you?

KEY ITEM:
>
SIGNIFICANCE:
>
08-10-2018, 02:55 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Pharmacy
 RE: Elsewhere
wake me up in five.

Raw Water Hell
I do like revolution.
08-10-2018, 03:58 AM
LammarWesley

Brazil, Somewere
Revolution.
Expert at engineering, Robotics.
Competent at gun handling, botanics
Average at bathing, cleaning.
Personal effects: A towel because towels are great for almost everything and your trusty crowbar.
Key Item:Rubber duck
Significance:
It's old, but it still squeaks.
It was your first toy and knows all your secrets.
Farewell, aquatic patner.

Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:12 AM by LammarWesley.)
08-10-2018, 04:10 AM
Wheat

Goals:
Community
Guidance

EXPERT:
> aesthetic & practical empathy (recommendation of experiences which suitably match a foreign habitus, and the ability to compare two foreign habituses in the ways they best mesh)
> placement (ability to see things and aspects of people at a glance and know at a gut level numerous places where it would "fit")
COMPETENT:
> logistics (ability to chain the 'placement' skill)
> botany (ability to identify, cultivate and prepare certain plants as to their certain requirements)
AVERAGE:
> telecommunications (knows the basics of what is required for long-distance communication and how to employ these things)
> event planning (ability to put together events that strengthen group bond, and partially able to keep track of previous events in order to create 'rituals' and give narrative cohesion to different events to create 'culture')

ITEMS:
> Silver Amplification Shell
> "The Mealmaster" preparation kit

KEY ITEM:
> Digicrux
SIGNIFICANCE:
>A digicrux is the severed fourth finger of each hand, hooked around each other to make a crosslike shape and then dried and prepared to keep their shape. It is a symbol of personal sacrifice, as it leaves the smallest finger of each hand separate from the rest of the hand's fingers. This serves as a constant reminder that the path one has taken sets them apart, and that they can only be useful so long as the rest of the hand carries with them.
The digicrux is typically carried around around the neck, in a pocket, or around the waist, being fastened to a simple unadorned cord.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:16 AM by Wheat.)
08-10-2018, 04:15 AM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

I like Mastery and Guidance.

Personal effects: A handmade birdhouse and an empty canvas bag.
08-10-2018, 04:19 AM
FlanDab
Polite Guardian of Corruption

The In Between of the Filverse and Earth
1) GOALS:
[X] CREATION
[X] DISCOVERY

EXPERT
>EARTH SCIENCES
>ENGINEERING
COMPETENT
>BOTANY
>CYBER TECHNOLOGY
AVERAGE
>ARTS AND LITERATURE
>BOOKKEEPING

3) PERSONAL EFFECTS
>TELESCOPE
>HATCHET

4) GATE KEY
KEY ITEM:
>COSMIC DRAGON FIGURINE
SIGNIFICANCE:
>Plastic figurine of a character from favorite story, who visited worlds and arranged constellations. It can fit in one's palm, and glitters when put in light.

[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:28 AM by FlanDab.)
08-10-2018, 04:27 AM
CSJ

Straya
Discovery + Mastery. You are fulfilling your childhood dream of being Star Trek.

Expert: AI programming & nanocircuitrty. You built yourself a cute robo plus some drones to help out with exploration and can design and fix modern electronics, though it can still be very fiddly.

Competent: Cross-species communication & piloting. You took some cool courses on how to interact with undiscovered species and operate translator modules but haven't had a chance to test them yet. You have your pilot license and can operate scout vehicles but nothing too big or militarised.

Average: Fitness & Cooking. You really need to eat healthier and I guess you could find that easier with a bit more practise making meals for yourself.

Personal effects:

D-class utility automaton. You named yours Dee Dee. Their personality subsystems have been through a lot of revisions and it's starting to age but you've gotten accustomed to its eccentricities.

Handheld quantum computer with repair & translation modules. Designed for exploration duty, this one is usually reserved for fancier expeditions but you were lucky to find a damaged one that just needed a little microsoldering and chip swapping.

Gate key: Captain Picard bust.

Significance: "THE FIRST DUTY OF EVERY STARFLEET OFFICER IS TO THE TRUTH, WHETHER IT'S SCIENTIFIC TRUTH, OR HISTORICAL TRUTH, OR PERSONAL TRUTH! IT IS THE GUIDING PRINCIPLE ON WHICH STARFLEET IS BASED, AND IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELF TO STAND UP AND TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO WEAR THAT UNIFORM."
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:56 AM by CSJ.)
08-10-2018, 04:30 AM
a52
( stupid dumb ) and idiot

the woods
Above all else, not COMMUNITY, CAREGIVING, or GUIDANCE.

GOALS:
MASTERY
ISOLATION FREEDOM

EXPERT:
> Installation of human cybernetic modifications
> Stonecarving (incl. masonry, sculture, and primitive tool creation)
COMPETENT:
> Geology
> Construction
AVERAGE:
> Electronics
> Vehicle operation

ITEMS:
> Surgery kit
> Chisel

KEY ITEM:
A bloodstained piece of sharpened flint.

SIGNIFICANCE:
Used to implant a makeshift knee reinforcement made of scrap when stranded with a broken leg in The Wastes.
08-10-2018, 04:47 AM
KingMomo

1) GOALS: CREATION and a side serving of ORDER

EXPERT: Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a mighty fine BIO ENGINEER and possess expert LEADERSHIP abilities if I do say so myself.
COMPETENT: I also fancy myself a rather OBSERVANT individual, after all paying attention can mean all the difference when the shit hits the fan. Well, I wager my MARKSMANSHIP probably plays a role in all that too.
AVERAGE: While not terribly impressive as the rest of my skill set I'm also a respectable WOOD CARVER and a bit of a SINGER.

3) PERSONAL EFFECTS: While she has seen better days I do well to keep my father's OLD REVOLVER on me. It's just as likely to jam then it is to fire, so she serves more as a reminder nowadays. My COMBAT KNIFE on the other hand has a more active position at my side, whether it be carving wood or something of a more hostile nature.

4) GATE KEY
KEY ITEM: AGED SHERIFFS' BADGE
SIGNIFICANCE: My prized family heirloom, passed down through the many generations of my family. It's been said that a selfless and brave person once wore this very badge as they protected a blossoming community of wayward travelers. I've aspired to emulate that selfless individual since I was a child, same as my father before me. This badge has reminded me of that purpose time and time again, seems only fitting this ol' metal star lead me along once more.
08-10-2018, 05:09 AM
Numbers

1) GOALS:
[✖] CREATION: To make something of value to you, and realize a personal vision.
[✖] DISCOVERY: To seek and share truth, and discover more about the cosmos.

EXPERT:
> Exobiology is my study, and as such, I can identify the niches and probable qualities of many alien fauna and flora.
> I am also excellent in piloting any vehicle you tell me to.
COMPETENT:
> I'm pretty good with ranged weaponry, and can probably defend you from something, from afar of course.
> I am good at general medical treatment, and I can probably tell many medical afflictions from each other.
AVERAGE:
> I dabble in a bit of engineering and would like to learn this skill better.
> I also try a bit of scouting out things.

3) PERSONAL EFFECTS:
ITEMS:
> I have an advanced toolkit for my study of exobiology, and would like to bring it.
> I also wish for my pocket 3d printer, which is compatible with some materials, including wood, plastic, stone, and low-density metals such as aluminum and magnesium.

4) GATE KEY:
KEY ITEM:
> Bird-shaped Bird-sounding Whistle
SIGNIFICANCE:
> An old relic of mine, found in a small, mysterious store. You put water in it and it sounds like birdsong. It's been chiseled out of some green quartz. Sad to see it go, but happy to see it used for such an important event in my life.

Noot noot doot doot.

[Image: etSKUQC.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 06:39 AM by Numbers.)
08-10-2018, 06:36 AM