Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Questions Thread
Ixcaliber
 RE: Questions Thread
Merchant Queen of the Space Consortium

would it be possible to relax the number of images in a signature laws. i've got a lot of hastily abandoned projects and i don't want any of them feeling left out.

[Image: ixchive_zpsmzpjaksv.png][Image: Jorbannernew.png][Image: Fentinybanner2_zpsd8493b8b.png][Image: Helbanner_zpsb6559a65.png][Image: Abanner.png][Image: triangle_zpsspgnq401.png][Image: sistene_zpsko2snjpw.png]
05-01-2016 03:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Papers: With some cursory googling, I think the issue with emoji is our not-very-recent version of myBB (the forum software). Pinary was talking about updating it, so I'll try get an estimate of when that'd happen?

Ix: how many would you like/seems reasonable?

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
05-01-2016 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ixcaliber

ten already seems like a pretty reasonable number for people who aren't neck deep in adventures they refuse to ever officially abandon, i'd like another five it would make me happy :>

[Image: ixchive_zpsmzpjaksv.png][Image: Jorbannernew.png][Image: Fentinybanner2_zpsd8493b8b.png][Image: Helbanner_zpsb6559a65.png][Image: Abanner.png][Image: triangle_zpsspgnq401.png][Image: sistene_zpsko2snjpw.png]
05-01-2016 04:06 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

done!

eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
05-01-2016 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ixcaliber

thanks for enabling my terrible signature

05-01-2016 05:38 AM
NonAnalogue
made something spin around!

So, uh, who are Itomaru and Bachuru?

[Image: tEjYkxP.png]
06-01-2016 01:00 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

They're web crawlers - for Baidu and Google respectively.

Seen slightly less frequently but also doing the rounds are Shornitoot (Yahoo/Slurp), The OMGUSmobile (msn) and A ghooooost (Internet Archive/wayback machine).

06-01-2016 01:24 PM
NonAnalogue

Oh, that's cool! I thought the names sounded familiar, but I couldn't place them. I didn't know you could assign names to specific crawlers on forums.

I have to ask where the names 'Shornitoot' and 'The OMGUSmobile' came from.

06-01-2016 01:34 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

Shornitoot is the result of some of Schazer's sleep-deprived ramblings. OMGUSmobile is just a reference to some silly jargon from games of Mafia.

Now you know.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
06-01-2016 07:38 PM
NonAnalogue

Thanks! I was convinced that Shornitoot was a corrupted version of Zarniwoop, but I guess it was not meant to be.

06-01-2016 07:46 PM
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

How can I make multiple repeated spaces that don't compress themselves back down into one space? Like a &nbsp or something, or how spaces are handled with the [code] tag.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
04-15-2017 05:35 AM
BRPXQZME
See if I don’t!

The past few years, most forum software* won’t dare to mess with it if you just input the actual nbsp directly. Opt+space on OSX, and presumably Alt-code 0160 on Windows.

sun  rise
sun set

* ... plus the entire stack that makes it happen on at least two but probably more computers, on which there are more components that could possibly make this go wrong than most people would care to know about

sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 10:13 PM by BRPXQZME.)
04-18-2017 10:12 PM
infuriatingCrimson

What are the exact rules on Necromancy? I know most forums aren't happy with it and it's banned in the Mages Guild, but what about this forum? I don't want to break no unspoken rules, y'know? :3atermelon

Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
04-21-2017 05:10 AM
a52
do not look directly at the asymptote

Depends on the subforum. Hawkspace and [Whatever it's being called this week], it's totally okay and probably encouraged. General chatter, probably. Anywhere else, especially something that was actively being run by someone, probably not.

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
04-21-2017 06:33 AM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

Well, bumping your own old adventure with an update (or even a "hey, update coming soon") is obviously fine.

Bumping an old adventure that isn't yours is probably not a good idea, unless the author has specifically asked for suggestions (but they can bump for that themselves). You could toss fanart in there, though.

But it really isn't that big of a deal, mostly because it doesn't happen that often and a lot of subforums aren't that active day-to-day. As long as you're bumping with discretion, it should be fine.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
04-21-2017 06:38 AM
infuriatingCrimson

Excellent! Owner of a story wanted me to possibly throw a few suggestions on his old stories, so I didn't want to cause any issues by doing so...Thank you!

Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
Yesterday 02:15 AM