[S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.

[S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
#1
[S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
[Image: 1540568816646.png]
You are Ellen Tiethron, and you need to find your friends and get the hell off this ship.




[Image: 1540568928996.png]
You're currently in the room where they store the rations. Lucky find, maybe if you stay quiet, you can outlast what's-




[Image: 1540568969817.png]
The thought leaves you as you suddenly hold your breath. You can hear it nearby, traveling the halls, patrolling, looking for it's next victim. The soft crunch of wheels against linoleum is often your only warning that it is approaching, that he




[Image: 1540569000984.png]
You put that out of your mind immediately. That it is near. The idea of your ship AI and this godsblessed beast being one and the same disturbs you immensely. And truly, it is a predator that rivals the divine.




[Image: 1540569033586.png]
You don't consider yourself a religious woman, but you couldn't imagine a more perfect emissary of the Neo itself, flaming jaws, glowing red eyes, and all.




[Image: 1540569087620.png]
The idea disturbs you so immensely, that when you think to yourself how surely, this monster cannot be the mild-mannered robot you'd come to somewhat respect, you almost believe it.




[Image: 1540569105929.png]
But a part of you still remembers. How another passenger hiding from it, same as you, told you of the time they had seen it speak. Of how it normally killed with no emotion or reaction, but once cornered someone, an aftik they think, they couldn't remember.
Of how it backed it's prey against the wall, watched them scramble and cry out as the fire creeped close. Of how it grabbed the maybe-aftik by the front of their shirt and lifted them close to its face, staring into their soul.

And, just before it incinerated them, of how it said, in a dead voice, thick with hate;

Where is my student.





What do you want to do?


[Image: 1540520813090.png]
Quote
#2
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
look for a very nearby safe place, and quietly, you don't know how good that thing's hearing is

[Image: UZraNAX.png]
someone made my child grumpy
[Image: EK9J07y.png]
I need to keep a more careful watch under my children
Quote
#3
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
>Check lock, is the lock good?
Quote
#4
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
Very quietly check the storeroom to see what you have to survive with.
Quote
#5
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
>you'd like to live through this right? why? why can't you die? what do you hold dear? hold onto those things. use them as your power, and you stand the best chance of getting out of this.

>alternatively get wasted and wait for the end. your choice.
Quote
#6
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
>Check stats and inventory, you may have something useful or a fatal trait we need to account for.
Quote
#7
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
>Do you know who this student may be?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#8
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
[Image: 1541214088562.png]
Quickly, you rifle through your 3 inventory slots. Inside, you have a small bag of washers and a wrench. You were just doing some touch-ups on a pipe when everything went to hell.




[Image: 1541215851377.png]
You turn and look over the lock. To be honest, the lock was sort of redundant, as the twine would hold it shut for the time being. It was a pretty standard lock anyways, and the robot would have no trouble breaking it.




[Image: 1541214491349.png]
Taking a glance around the room, you don't see any way out of the room, but you do remember passing another door on your way in here. There was mostly generic rations, which would last you, but it wouldn't be fun. Hey, if you get too desperate, you can always eat the lock.




[Image: 1541216110279.png]
Setting your carapace back against the door, you take a minute to think why you haven't cracked; the possibility of your friends being alive, and you being able to help them.
Nobody knows exactly when Benny showed up, or why; he isn't on any takeoff records. All you know is that he was damn good with computers (makes sense; being a boog, he IS one) and quickly found a place on the crew as the system repairman after Steamfire got transferred to another ship. You personally thought the pyronian was an ass, and you quickly became fast friends with the guy who got him out of your shell.
Ted needed no introduction; as the captain, he was the most important person on the ship. At first you're relationship was merely professional, but as you found yourself talking to the kounini more, he was charming and funny, if not a bit evasive. Both of you know Ted isn't his actual name, and you both know the other knows.
And who could forget Gortys. The beloved crew counselor. She's your everything. You tend to think of yourself as a pacifist, but if you find out she's been hurt by that monster in any way, you might have to slightly bend the definition of 'pacifist'.
Quote
#9
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
Where's your ship traveling to? is it still moving at all?
Quote
#10
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
Take as many rations as you can carry. How much of the layout of the ship can you remember?
Quote
#11
RE: [S☉LAR]: one kloegarb. one life. something has gone terribly wrong.
>How did it all begin?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote