Of It All

Of It All
#1
Of It All
[Image: MoS9GqN.png]

You put on your hood and take a step out into the cold Autumn air. The cool air is refreshing after being cooped up inside working all day. The occasional noise of a car passing is the only sound that breaks the silence. You clutch at the envelope in your hands, your pay for your work over the previous two weeks. Well, it’s yours until you get back “home” anyway. You really don’t want to go back. You reach into your pant’s pocket to retrieve your barely functional flip phone and look at the time. It’s 9:34… You guess you could put it off for a little while.
Quote
#2
RE: Of It All
acquire wooden bar in alley. pretend it is a sword.
Quote
#3
RE: Of It All
>Go sit in an all night cafe and watch your coffee turn cold. It's not much, but at least it's better than nothing.
>How things did really go so wrong in your life? Better mull it over once again!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
Quote
#4
Of It All
RedGreenBlue Wrote: »acquire wooden bar in alley. pretend it is a sword.

[Image: 1K6QV9J.png]

That board actually does look pretty sweet. You walk into the ally as nonchalantly as you can to pick it up. It’s got a good weight to it.

[Image: ackNfiZ.png]

You give it an experimental swing. You feel like you could be the one who slays the evil, sword-wielding lizard overlord, Gremuckle, once and for all! With your trusty steed and countless allies nothing can stop you! With extreme finesse you dispatch his two guards and corner him against his throne. He had ruled over the land by killing countless innocent lives to stay in power and further his own personal goals. But now he shall die on this throne! His ruthless reign comes to an end tonight! You are the hero the people so desperately needed! They all admire you skill, cunning, and dashing good looks!

You sign and lower the board. Yeah, right.

“Hey, Excalibur. Careful where you swing that thing. Could hurt yourself.”

Startled, you drop the board and whip around to see someone standing at the entrance of the alleyway with an amused expression on his face. NOO! SOMEONE SAW YOU!

[Image: WYUmHyu.png]

“I-i-i-i-i” You stutter, cheeks burning with embarrassment. “S-s-sorry!”

He laughs lightly. “Nah, you’re alright. Just don’t bonk yourself on the head with it.” He gives a quick wink and then starts to walk off.

You drop your head into your hands. He probably thinks you’re some kind of weirdo who spends her time in random alleys swinging around scraps of wood for no reason! But you don’t!

You look over at the board that’s now on the ground by your feet. You kick it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You tentatively step back onto the sidewalk, making sure that the person who saw you isn’t still around.


tronn Wrote: »>Go sit in an all night cafe and watch your coffee turn cold. It's not much, but at least it's better than nothing.

You don’t know if there are any all night cafes within walking distance from here, but you do know of one that might still be open. Sometimes you go there on your lunch breaks at work. It’s in the opposite direction of home but you don’t mind. You decide to go give them a visit as a warm drink sounds pretty good right about now. You doubt your fosters will notice if your check is a few dollars short anyways.

As you start walking you begin to think of some excuses you could have for coming home late. Maybe Machel kept you late at work to organize some shelves. Or maybe to do stock of what you had in the back. You can’t say that you had to clean the bathrooms because that was what you said the last time.

tronn Wrote: »>How things did really go so wrong in your life? Better mull it over once again!

[Image: 2E5ItYx.png]

Can things go wrong if they’ve never been right in the first place? It’s all your fault things are like this anyways. Your parents abandoned you when you were just a baby so you don’t even remember who they are. Thus you’ve spent your whole life either in an orphanage or with your foster parent who only took you because of the money the city offered them. They made that much clear. Maybe if you were good for something none of this would have happened.

The cafe comes into view. The lights are all off so it’s not looking too hopeful. You give the door a quick pull to confirm it’s locked and look at the open times printed on the glass. They closed at nine. You sigh.

You figure you’re not too far from New Flower Park. Looking at all of the flowers usually makes you feel better, even if most of them aren’t in bloom anymore. You decide to head that way.

Before long the park entrance comes into view. You can see that not too far past the gate there’s someone kneeling next to the ground and doing something with their hands next to what looks like a pile of wood. What is… oh! A small reddish-orange light starts to glow from the wood pile. Are they starting a fire? In the middle of the park? Should somebody stop them?
Quote
#5
RE: Of It All
> Don't bring attention to yourself. Hide back and watch them, if they're doing something illegal run to report it right away.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Quote
#6
RE: Of It All
grab the board, name it boardy. just carry it around, i guess
Noot noot doot doot.


[Image: etSKUQC.png]
Quote
#7
RE: Of It All
>do what any citizen would, and take a video with your phone to be uploaded on Youtube
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
Quote
#8
Of It All
Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Don't bring attention to yourself. Hide back and watch them, if they're doing something illegal run to report it right away.

The camera on your phone sucks in general and would likely only manage to capture a bunch of darkness. Plus you don’t have a computer or anything to upload from.

tronn Wrote: »>do what any citizen would, and take a video with your phone to be uploaded on Youtube

[Image: 1W4XCBm.png]

You walk up behind one of the pillars in the entryway of the park and peek out from behind it. Now that you’re a little bit closer it seems like they’re making a fire pit.

You realize that you you’ve seen him before. He’s the one who saw you in the alley when you were playing with the board.

It looks like he could be camping in the park based off of that large pot he’s got next to him. That’s not allowed in this park and he’s either dumb or doesn’t care about getting caught because he’s easily visible from the entrance.

You watch as he opens the lid of the pot and starts to drop some vegetables into it. So he’s going to cook something? Is he homeless? At the very least he doesn’t seem to be acting maliciously so you don’t feel a need to run and report him right away. The fire is really starting to pick up. It definitely just looks like a campfire now.

“Are you going to hide behind that pillar all night or are you going to come over?” He says. You look up from the fire and see that he’s looking right at you. CRAP! You quickly retract your head so you’re completely behind the pillar. “If you wish you could sit by the fire for a bit. It is rather cold out tonight. I’ll have some stew in about an hour if you wanna stay for that.” Why is he being so casual about this? Your curiosity of what he's doing and why overweighs your want to avoid social interaction so, steeling your courage, you walk into the park.

[Image: h3misPt.png]

You stop once you get within comfortable talking distance with him. He stands up to greet you.

“Oh! Hey, it’s Excalibur! Although I see you’re unarmed at this moment.”

“E-E-Excalibur was the sword.” You say, quietly. “Not t-t-the knight. You’re thinking of King Arthur.”

“Oh. Whoops. I guess you’re right. Well then, Not Excalibur, what is your name? I’m Thomas by the way. Nice to meet you.” He extends his hand out to you.
Quote
#9
RE: Of It All
>Thank you but no thank you. Explain to him that you have a policy not to shake hands with hobos, politely.
>Is he going to tempt you to engage in acts of petty vandalism? You are totally against petty vandalism.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
Quote
#10
RE: Of It All
If we get to choose the name, lets make it Cedar. Ask him what he's doing out here and why while you're at it. Casually, of course. Don't want to seem too hostile, after all.
Quote