Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
a52
 RE: ETFA Discussion and Fanartery
midipunk clipartcore

Location: Once a frontline combatant in the Omnic Crisis, this curious Bastion unit now explores the world, fascinated by nature but wary of a fearful humanity.
[Image: politikal%20cartoon.jpg]
sorry

I love my job | I hate my job | War is hell | My job is war
The noises, they never stop

[Image: egg006.png?raw=1]
05-05-2016 03:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Papers

If the "new adventures" push a 24 hour unposted adventure to page 2, only then will I consider it to be a problem. Cataract, on the other hand, really hates it.

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
05-05-2016 03:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a52
midipunk clipartcore

Location: Once a frontline combatant in the Omnic Crisis, this curious Bastion unit now explores the world, fascinated by nature but wary of a fearful humanity.
It's not really a problem. That's just a way for me to make fun of the side of myself that gets angry at the new people -- especially since I only joined recently myself.

edit: cataract?

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 03:52 AM by a52.)
05-05-2016 03:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

Cataract.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change | I'm overwhelmed
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it | Cleaning up someone else's mess
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe | Beauty is a curse
05-05-2016 03:57 AM
OrangeAipom
he/him

(05-05-2016 03:39 AM)Papers Wrote:  If the "new adventures" push a 24 hour unposted adventure to page 2, only then will I consider it to be a problem. Cataract, on the other hand, really hates it.

an unposted what?

signature
05-05-2016 05:26 AM
Papers

an adventure that someone hadn't posted in for 24 hours. sorry for being unclear

05-05-2016 05:31 AM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

So as someone who gets text-heavy, sometimes I get suggestions that get a little long and prose-y on their own.

I find these a little bit tricky, because I don't want to just take someone else's words and stick them in a story that's meant to be my words. And just rewriting them doesn't feel like an adequate way to do an update.

I try to resolve this by adding something to the suggestion. I take what's there, or at least most of it, and add whatever feels necessary to make it my own.

What I'm getting at is, I posted a really long Swamped update and it's basically Bob's fault.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change | I'm overwhelmed
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it | Cleaning up someone else's mess
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe | Beauty is a curse
10-04-2016 03:32 AM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

I just now saw this!

I love Swamped and I am not sorry.

I will say that suggestions are still just that, and they can be ignored or picked from at the author's will. Swamped has the difficulty of only having 1-3 suggestions at a time. And DF has that unique quality in an author that tries to incorporate whatever the readership suggests, regardless of what direction the story may be going. (With the exception of a few early jokey moments).

More folks should suggest in swamped! There's a constant need to develop character backgrounds, relationships, and events. I see it a fun excersize in connecting characters. Maybe this person mentioned 20 updates ago has some talents useful to this situation? or maybe we're about to run into a new character who has been acting in the background this entire time? The daily update schedule really lets readers influence the world building in a way few other adventures have.

Spoiler :
maybe I should give myself a character limit on my suggestions though...
10-10-2016 04:37 AM
a52
midipunk clipartcore

You should probably keep them at most half the length of the average update.

10-10-2016 05:41 AM
Mayu_Zane

To everyone who's been keeping track of Art of Domination, made a recent edit to it about the latest delay. I was planning on putting up an update on 25 October but my grandmother passed away and my dad almost died on the same night due to internal bleeding, so now things have only just stopped being hectic. I should update it before Halloween comes round.

Art of Domination (Strategy/Adventure)

Mayu Draws Things (Art Blog)
10-24-2016 02:36 AM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope your dad's okay.

Don't rush yourself on our account; if you're having trouble working because it's an emotional time, take as much of a break as you feel you need.

Looking forward to the update whenever you can manage it.

10-24-2016 02:39 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Buncha new folks starting adventures on the forum lately, can I just say welcome to ET and it's wonderful to see you all here

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
10-25-2016 05:32 AM
Mayu_Zane

Yes, it is good. I may not have the time to read all of them but I love seeing people make things.

10-25-2016 05:40 AM
GuardianTempest

Man, I can't wait to finish my imageboard adventure and redo it here with better execution and stuff.

@Schazer: Soon™, just a few more weeks (months if I factor in my incompletes/supplementary tasks)
10-28-2016 02:00 PM
Fallingfeather

Not gonna lie, doing One Through Ten is the most fun thing I've done in a long time. I had a couple very short lived adventures back on the MSPA forums, but I always ended up shooting myself in the foot by trying to put too much effort into making the art looked polished. It made making the adventure a chore as opposed to a scribbly "unwind after a long day of work" sort of thing. It also puts a very happy feeling in my chest to see people really taking it seriously and strategizing. It means a lot to me!
11-24-2016 11:19 PM
Mayu_Zane

Decided to continue another adventure that was once swallowed by the end of MSPAFA: From The Sands

12-17-2016 04:32 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Hey forum adventure regulars! (I posted this in Hawkspace at first but would like to extend the offer to all interested parties)

I'm sending Year of the Rooster/birds-which-may-or-may-not-be-roosters postcards to my forum's valued users the folks doing their thing in all the forum's innumerable corners to make this community what it is.

If you'd like one, shoot me a PM with your postal details!

eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | still up in the same clothes living like a gameshow
12-20-2016 11:34 PM
Papers

you guys might be interested in this!!!!

01-01-2017 09:40 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

[Image: 4zmoWav.jpg]

It's dlorph and their completely normal dog

02-08-2017 03:44 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

[Image: tumblr_ooowzhayrN1r21i1co1_540.jpg]

Void Girl

04-20-2017 05:29 AM
Smurfton

Schazer, how are you making those? It almost looks like you have a stamp.
04-20-2017 05:38 PM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

Yes, Schazer, suspicious that.
04-20-2017 09:10 PM
Wheat

schaz makes stamps with knife and rubber
http://schazardous.tumblr.com/search/stamps

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 09:24 PM by Wheat.)
04-20-2017 09:22 PM
Akumu
Strawberry Fields Forever

Here is some fan art for Vox Mentis, which has just started up again after a long hiatus!

[Image: hvWRgyN.png]
04-29-2017 05:23 PM
Douglas

Loooove it!! Thanks Akumu!
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2017 05:28 PM by Douglas.)
04-29-2017 05:27 PM