Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
Infrared
 RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
cuet anime grils

Edmonton, Alberta.
That's fine. I don't think having someone else is imperative, we can manage like this 'til Pines gets time/energy to tweak the forum (if he wants to, of course).

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
05-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat

Next time before deleting a thread, give some notice so people have time to back up posts or ask people if deleting the thread is the best idea instead of just deleting someone's posts if someone wants that. If I recall, that was one of the main problems that led to this forum being made (the pruning? I think it was called)

Think of if some thread you spent time writing posts in. Say you wanted to refer to some things you wrote or previously looked up. (Like if you were referring someone to some information on some plot things) Now imagine that all of your posts were deleted because another person wanted the whole thing gone, everyone else be damned, so you couldn't! Wouldn't it be frustrating to have to do that work again or try to recall what was there?

I think you can agree yes it would be so please don't delete threads wholesale thanks for reading

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
07-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Jacquerel

It's actually possible to delete your own threads, which... I think is something we were previously unaware of? I've never heard of that being a thing before.
It's not a case of "someone asked for this thread to be deleted" it's "someone realised they had that power and then executed it".
07-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

There's a notification if you try to delete posts that deleting the first post of a thread will delete the entire thread. I'd noticed it but hadn't really thought about it before.

Is it possible to remove the thread-deleting permissions from most users without affecting other permissions? If people want to delete a thread for some reason, they can ask an administrator who can then decide how to handle it.
07-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Wheat

I was aware that people can delete their own threads but I wasn't sure who deleted it in this case and so instead of asking (because I already heard that posts are unrecoverable so it doesn't matter who deleted it as that is in the past) I would just leave a note that is vague enough to say everyone out there, the future, don't delete threads.

this post paid by Thread Removal Awareness Council.

07-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Wheat

In the future. not just "the future." if I were just saying the future it would seem like I am introducing the concept of the future as a bold warning premonition against deleting threads

[Image: pd1jpE.png]
Fig 1.1

07-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
Good afternoon forumancers and csstylists, I come today with a request to anybody who knows a lick about coding forums! As evidenced by the lack of activity in this thread, we the forum have had a bunch of changes we'd like implemented, but have not made happen between my computing incompetence and Pines' gainful employment.

It would be cool if we could get things like the preview/advanced pages and user profiles to be more streamlined/useful for people. If anyone's interested, we can make a mirror forum for any interested individuals/groups to mess around with. Changes which work can then be copied over to the forum proper, and due credit given.

If you're interested, please get in touch with Pines or me! Probably me because Pinary's going to be away. We'll basically give you free reign to mess around in a sandbox copy of the forum, so feel free to try out for it even if it'll be a learning ground for learning to use CSS in MyBB (the forum software Eagle Time uses). Even if we get one good tweak like a Spoiler button on Advanced Editing, I'd consider that a solid outcome for this endeavour.
12-07-2014, 05:56 AM
amosmyn

I used to admin a forum way back in the day that ran MyBB. We tweaked buttons and stuff too. I'm no expert on the field of web coding but I'm sure I could get some minor things implemented if there isn't anyone better at that sorta thing (and I'm sure there is on a forum like this).

I can, however, design websites? (or at least do the project management, check out my portfolio website in my signature! Built from the ground up in Adobe Muse)
12-07-2014, 06:09 AM
SeaWyrm
used to be Dfaran

I'm a codey-type chap who is at least vaguely aware of CSS and how it works. So maybe I'm interested?
I could probably accomplish something useful. The question is just if I'd ever get around to it. But I might!
12-08-2014, 07:44 AM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

Sunshine, Lollipops and Diabetes
Is there any way we can implement a countdown timer plugin? I'm so horribly tired of calculating timezone differences when deadlines are set. With a plugin like this we can just put things down like "Battle Signups close in xx:xx:xx" and not have to worry about stupid calculationary things. Stupid round planet.
01-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Pinary
The Most Present

North America
Hmm. It's possible; I'll look into that and see if there's something simple we can put in. As a stopgap, you could always use "X hours from this post" or some such.
01-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Mirdini
You're Alright

Archipelagic Darkness
http://everytimezone.com/ is also a neat stopgap.
01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
a52
the one who patented nonsense

the woods
Can we make emails hidden by default? When I first joined it took me a little while to find out that the email I used for registration was visible to everybody, and it kind of freaked me out when I noticed it.
02-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
If you're talking about the email field on your user profile, I'm 90% sure that it doesn't show your actual email address.

I'll look into it today once I'm awake and double-check how it works for you.
02-14-2016, 10:50 PM
a52

the woods
I mean the little email button that appears right next to the pm button at the bottom of posts.
02-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
Ayup. I've dicked around in the settings, and now there's no way to send folks emails. I've also removed the link on your user profile page, because it imparts no useful information seems pointless to have the link and it only leads to a NOPE page.

In the event anyone is urgently worried about a user's wellbeing, I can always send emails on their behalf so the minimum number of people know folks' contact information.

I'll note that your email address was never visible; instead of the link saying "mailto:anaddress@gmaildotcom", it goes to a little page with a textbox and ET passes the message on for you.

E: You're right that I should just change the settings so "show email to other users" is disabled by default, but based on how the Admin Control Panel is laid out that's beyond my capabilities. So, I found a workaround and got rid of some superfluous garbage on user profile pages while I was at it.
02-15-2016, 12:46 AM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

Sunshine, Lollipops and Diabetes
Are there ways to start autosaving drafts? I'm getting a little tired of losing my adventure updates when firefox crahes.
02-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Papers

Feels like there was a recent undercover update that allows me to click the little subsubforum dot to mark it as read. Additionally, when I do that, it finally marks a supersubsubforum as read on the next refresh. Basically what I'm saying is if I mark Mediawarks as read, it'll mark Projects as read. Pretty great, if I do say so myself. Also, I don't know how new this is, but when I go to edit a post, there's a huge "delete post" box at the top. Pretty cool.

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
03-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Reyweld
Post Sponge Thread Lord

Demi-Canadian
(The delete post thing isn't new, I'm not sure about the other thing you've described but I don't think that's new either...)

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015, 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote: i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016, 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote: Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass
(11-10-2017, 06:39 PM)Myeth Wrote: reach for the stars
And then annihilate them as a powermove
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2016, 11:26 PM by Reyweld.)
03-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Papers

(03-24-2016, 11:25 PM)Reyweld Wrote: (The delete post thing isn't new, I'm not sure about the other thing you've described but I don't think that's new either...)

I remember NOT being able to do it, in recent memory

[Image: msicon1.png][Image: msicon2.png]
03-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Akumu
Strawberry Fields Forever

Yeah me too, it only worked on the over-forum and not on subfora.
03-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Ōtautahi
(03-24-2016, 10:41 PM)Papers Wrote: Feels like there was a recent undercover update that allows me to click the little subsubforum dot to mark it as read. Additionally, when I do that, it finally marks a supersubsubforum as read on the next refresh. Basically what I'm saying is if I mark Mediawarks as read, it'll mark Projects as read. Pretty great, if I do say so myself. Also, I don't know how new this is, but when I go to edit a post, there's a huge "delete post" box at the top. Pretty cool.

Yeah! I found the switch which does this, so now you can mark (for example) Games as unread by going straight to Grand Battles, which is the sensible state of affairs if there were no unread posts for you in the overforum.

Not sure about post deletion; pretty sure that's been a thing for a good while?
03-25-2016, 12:15 AM
SleepingOrange
Mirror Universe Evil Twin

Disembowelled in a Ditch
Neat. I'd been assuming I just hadn't discovered the marking features until recently, not that they were new.
03-25-2016, 12:29 AM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

Texas
Gatr Wrote:i do wish that username mentions would ping me here. kinda like what i saw on another forum with @Gatr and suchlike.
This actually sounds pretty cool.

In theory it could help bring people into conversations they might otherwise would have missed, and it could reflect similar systems found on other sites that users might already be familiar with.

Like with all things, we'd have to agree not to be jerks about it. An option to turn on/off ping notifications (with the default set to off) could help that a lot.
04-19-2016, 08:32 PM
a52

the woods
Add a [bg] tag as an abbreviation of the [background] tag
04-19-2016, 09:12 PM