Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
It's basically a part of ET at this point. Like a bothersome housecat.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
There's not enough streaking I mean everyone just wants their bodies to be freeeeee

THERE SHOULD ALSO BE MORE MEDICAL ATTENTDANTS ON STAFF MY ASS ITCHES AND IT'S HARD TO POOP.
This is a feedback thing but maybe some more subdivision of Forum Games would be nice? It's not really a pressing thing until battles are ported over, but I feel like having some more organization and structure for a sub-forum that'll have another thirty-odd threads added to it would be good maybe.
Some older threads have had their textual encoding en-fuck'ed by what may or may not have been our most recent of updates (though I seem to recall this problem existing before then). Were it possible to reverse-engineer the characters so replaced and re-replace them with the characters as were intended to be there, t'would'st be much appreciated.
I think that threads old enough that it was caused by that first updoot with downtime? At any rate, it haa been there for a while.
Issue's probably caused when importing text from text documents that use abnormal characters, like the way word wil auto-slant quotation marks at either side of a quote. In fact, I'm nigh certain it occurs when importing text to the forum from an external text-processing program, because this mostly seems to occur with Grand Battle threads. Which hopefully means a fix for this could also mean a fix for all the other errata littering those to-be-imported threads. One can hope, at least.
I just found a bug, it's pretty much harmless though.

When looking through the member list, if somebody registered an account and then never visited the forum afterwards, the "last visited" column displays the current time. It says "Last Visited: Never" if you actually look at the profile, so I assume that's what should go in that column.
Amusingly enough, GBCE appears to have joined in the early 20th century.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
It's an administrative account. I suspect it's going to be used with the scraper tool to account for posts by users not registered on this forum.

(Posts by people with a different username here could be trickier to handle, though I suppose Pines could manually change the name and then change it back after the transfer?)
o_o when did i become most posts

what happened to my life
(03-19-2013, 05:50 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »o_o when did i become most posts

what happened to my life

Eagletime happened.

Clearly.
[Image: 933hfLL.png][Image: aCQpT7Z.png][Image: iRoHjKM.png]
There are numerous changes to be made to the post editor, but it's its own isolated set of code that I haven't had a chance to dig into yet. Once I'm in there, I'm sure I'll be able to do all sorts of things, but right now I'm focused on getting the scraper dealt with and whatnot.
SpoilerShow

Not a site breaker or anything, heck, not even annoying.
But when a page is half loaded, occasionally the last cell will be filled blood red.

??
I'm curious what blood you've been looking at bigro
too much terrible fanime IMO. (I can't help it, they're hilarious)
I thought that red was my stupid phone being stupid.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
That is possibly also related to the red lines i get on the site with my phone: they take over all the horizontal lines in the forum if i'm zoomed out so the forum is full screen.

edit: now with picture

SpoilerShow
No red here, but I DID just now discover that a couple sections have aaallll the topics bolded for new posts, and some sort of authorization error message that I'd have saved if I'd been thinking popped up when I tried to "mark as read".
The link to the scraper at the top doesn't appear to be closed-- a lot of the text on the main page, when hovered over, links to the scraper instead of being normal text.
(03-30-2013, 02:35 AM)Sanzh Wrote: »The link to the scraper at the top doesn't appear to be closed-- a lot of the text on the main page, when hovered over, links to the scraper instead of being normal text.

This right here? Exactly the reason I'm fond of testing. Tiny, silly mistakes are lurking behind every corner, just waiting to leap out at you. Thanks for the heads-up.
Uh, that's weird.

I just checked the front page, and when I move my mouse anywhere in the section with the forum links, everything in that section gets underlined.

Edit: Oh, okay, that's the issue Sanzh just mentioned above.
Could you PLEASE make it so that birthdays are automatically hidden when registering? This is the largest security gaffe since the lizard people hacked into Sony and found the missing Watergate recordings.

As it turned out, Atlantis was actually faked by NASA.
You can downgrade this disaster to a Category Assange; new users from here on out will by default display neither age or birthdate. Thanks for the heads-up!
I saw a "503 error" briefly, so I came here to tell you that one happened in case you weren't aware, and I ran into the page that doesn't exist error thingy on this thread [where there isn't a page 9 yet but there will be one when I make this post, but it lets me click the number 9 anyway]
~◕ w◕~
Did we remove the ability to auto-merge recent consecutive posts?