Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Emotes thread
Schazer
 Emotes thread
Patron Saint of Normcore

Seeing as all yeh's guys are so talented and magical and (insert other positive descriptors here), not to mention I am thrice-damned lazy at the best of times, I'm leaving this open indefinitely for people to post emote ideas in.

I've got bugger-all clue what the size limits are, but even if Pines fills me in on that we'll probably say "fuck our own rules" anyway and have at least one 150px x 10 px monster.

E: Oop. Pinary hath decreed that unless it's really kickin' rad, the maximum emote size shall be 20x20 pixels.

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
07-10-2011 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pinary
 Re: Emotes thread
The Most Present

Just got done cleaning out the default emotes, so we've got a nice, clean slate for emotery from here on out. 16x16 is probably a good size to aim for if you're making them so they don't displace text much or anything. (And like Schazer said, unless it's really kickin' rad, I'd like to cap the sizes at 20x20.)

Also, fun as they are, we probably don't want too many novelty single-use emotes. Just saying.
07-10-2011 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

I see no reason why we should include this emote, so I'll suggest it.

[Image: nopor-emote.png]

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
07-10-2011 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Solaris
Lonely Rolling Star

[Image: NsUaK.png][Image: Bx2tz.png][Image: yvsbr.png][Image: UeIj1.png]
:?[Image: zhKEB.png]
I can change the colors easily enough... it seems to fit the simple style we have...
Pretty sure we should try to have some set of emotes that work as well, emotions?
Someone better at this than me should probably do that.
07-11-2011 05:38 AM
Norivia

That makes me hesitant if only because of the subpixelation, Solaris. :x

Here are some I made like a year ago.

[Image: 21nk1o8.gif] [Image: 2lvz1gw.gif] [Image: 1pyp79.jpg]

feel free to make your own?
07-11-2011 08:18 AM
Wheat

[Image: factgull2.gif] If US Great Lakes Huron and Michigan are counted as one lake (since they are a continuous body of water), Lake Michigan-Huron is the largest freshwater body of water in the world.

[Image: seagif4.gif] Flamingos obtain their pinkish color due to carotenoid proteins in plant and animal plankton eaten.

McDonalds Coffee for those of us who are bitter old human beings who sit in McDonalds booths and murmur about how the young folk ruin everything (mainly slorange and schaz and I): [Image: mccoffee10.gif]

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
07-11-2011 02:41 PM
Pick Yer Poison
ELBOW ROCKET

It'd be nice if we could maintain a similar style for all the basic emoticons. Some forums I go to have :( and :) being drastically different styles, and it can be really weird. Just my two cents on that.

[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
07-11-2011 05:14 PM
MaxieSatan
WHERE'S MY FANGS OBAMA

Pick Yer Poison Wrote:It'd be nice if we could maintain a similar style for all the basic emoticons. Some forums I go to have :( and :) being drastically different styles, and it can be really weird. Just my two cents on that.

Norivia Wrote:That makes me hesitant if only because of the subpixelation, Solaris. :x

Here are some I made like a year ago.

[Image: 21nk1o8.gif] [Image: 2lvz1gw.gif] [Image: 1pyp79.jpg]

feel free to make your own?

Given these two, I made some more Melon Emoticons. Because I like watermelons with adorable faces.

[Image: emotisurprised.png] [Image: emotikitty.png] [Image: emoticonfused.png] [Image: emotibland.png]
07-11-2011 06:24 PM
g0m
g0m

[Image: smiley1.gif] [Image: smiley2.gif] [Image: smiley3.gif]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
07-12-2011 01:23 AM
Infrared
cuet anime grils

[Image: squidberet.gif]

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
07-14-2011 08:48 PM
MaxieSatan
WHERE'S MY FANGS OBAMA

[Image: 1pyp79.jpg] [Image: emotislightlyhappy.png] [Image: 21nk1o8.gif] [Image: 2lvz1gw.gif]
[Image: emotisurprised.png] [Image: emotikitty.png] [Image: emotiwinkcat.png] [Image: emotiwink.png]
[Image: emoticonfused.png] [Image: emotibland.png] [Image: emotisunglasses.png]

Made some more melon emoticons. Cataloging them all here.
07-14-2011 11:33 PM
Solaris
Lonely Rolling Star

MrGuy can you make :V or :U
Also one with tears
07-15-2011 12:06 AM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

[Image: tardismationnonovaresized-1.gif]

Spoiler :
FAILURES:[Image: tardismationnonovaresized.gif][Image: tardismationnovaresized.gif]

Let me out Stay safe inside | You're not kind | Ethics are overrated | What is life | Men are pigs | I'm so drunk | EAT ME NOW | Click clack fuck | Is this right Only money matters | Change my clothes | Little sun rising | One cat's future | Wax and wane | Dark times ahead
----
So very British / But then again | People are machines Machines are people | Oh hai there | There's no time
----
Superhero 1920s noir | Multigenre Half-Life | Changing the future | Command line interface
Tu ventire felix? | Clockwork for eternity | Explosions in spacetime
07-15-2011 12:21 AM
Not The Author
Service with a smile

<3

Spoiler :
[Image: Four.png]
07-15-2011 12:41 AM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

[Image: logoresized.gif]

Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center.

Let me out Stay safe inside | You're not kind | Ethics are overrated | What is life | Men are pigs | I'm so drunk | EAT ME NOW | Click clack fuck | Is this right Only money matters | Change my clothes | Little sun rising | One cat's future | Wax and wane | Dark times ahead
----
So very British / But then again | People are machines Machines are people | Oh hai there | There's no time
----
Superhero 1920s noir | Multigenre Half-Life | Changing the future | Command line interface
07-15-2011 12:46 AM
MaxieSatan
WHERE'S MY FANGS OBAMA

Solaris Wrote:MrGuy can you make :V or :U
Also one with tears
Better still: I can do TWO VERSIONS OF EACH!

I like these two better:
[Image: emotivee_v2.png] [Image: emoticry_v1.png]

But if you guys prefer either of these that's okay!
[Image: emoticry_v2.png] [Image: emotivee_v1.png]

Any more requests? I could do this all day.
07-15-2011 01:35 AM
Solaris
Lonely Rolling Star

Quote: <MrGuy> Two new emoticons made, and two versions of each.
<MrGuy> On fire
Do it.
An "On Fire" Emotion.

Also.... @_@ and :P and :sick: and :dead: and :yelling: and :aaaaaaahhhhh: :shocked: :rockout:( \m/ ) :dynamicentry: :dancings: :smexy: :pewpew: :i'm waiting: 0_0 <_< or >_> :I :T :raaaaaaaaaaage: ;p XD X( :BANG:
Use your imagination for what they would be.

OH
OH
and my favorite
Winky [Image: 3HE2q.gif]

EDIT: It occurs to me that my many demands should obviously require you to make a whipping emotion of some sort, or something that involves inflicting motivational pain. Although that sounds a bit hurm....., so probably forget it.
07-15-2011 01:50 AM
MaxieSatan
WHERE'S MY FANGS OBAMA

New batch of emoticons, boss!

[Image: emoticartman.png] [Image: emotidammit.png] [Image: emotitongue_2.png] [Image: emotitongue.png] [Image: emoticonf.png]
[Image: emotiomg.png] [Image: emoticrown.png] [Image: emotifire.png] [Image: emotiice.png]

EDIT: Also, more alternate crying melons.
[Image: emoticry_v3.png] [Image: emoticry_v4.png]
Spoiler :
The crown was made in my first 16x16 attempt at fitre, before I realized I needed more space. That last one is, of course, an ICE BURN
07-15-2011 02:22 AM
Not The Author
Service with a smile

Solaris Wrote:and my favorite
Winky [Image: 3HE2q.gif]
I like to think that's what [Image: emotiwinkcat.png] is, but I do see the eyebrow appeal.
07-15-2011 02:23 AM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

[Image: Etiyr.gif]

Not exactly 20x20 but eh :3

----
----
07-15-2011 04:02 AM
Not The Author
Service with a smile

Counterpoint:

[Image: EtiyrOwnWords.png]
07-15-2011 04:05 AM
MaxieSatan
WHERE'S MY FANGS OBAMA

Yay, emoticons are being instituted! Minion
07-15-2011 06:16 PM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

[Image: 11tahli.png]

Churu

And [Image: 24biuxu.gif]

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
07-16-2011 05:05 AM
ProfessorLizzard
Doctor Wallrus

Posting some stuff Whim made. We don't have enough creepy stares!

[Image: ouo.png] [Image: owo.png] [Image: o-o.png] [Image: ooo.png] [Image: ouo.png]

:3

Treasurehats! A bird con artist is trying to serve their sentence on a magical prison planet
07-28-2011 10:16 PM
Infrared
cuet anime grils

Requesting an emote version of this

[Image: animatedcryingeagle.gif]

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
07-30-2011 02:00 AM