Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Adventurers plops, ripe for the grabbing
Our Lady of Lampreys
 RE: Adventurers plops, ripe for the grabbing
Rebeliot

(02-14-2017 02:25 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  Your body has been hosting referendums in secret for the past 27 years of your life to see if it will continue cohering and servicing you.

On your 28th birthday, 51% voted "No". Let's see what happens.

This is really interesting! Are "you" your brain, or something nebulous outside of it, dare I say a "soul"? Or are "you" simply a confederation of parts?

Also, have you read the short story "The Body Politic" by Clive Barker?

The story is describing Upper and Lower forests. Several kids are exploring the forest. Anyone who looked up from lower forest grew dizzy. When the children found something in the forest it was an amazing sight. Most parents got worried when the kids went to the forest because they thought it was dangerous.
02-14-2017 03:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

(02-12-2017 07:16 PM)Jovian Wrote:  congrats at your new job at the FBI! now here's a stack of 500 pages of documents ready to be declassified. good luck going through them one by one and censoring the appropriate stuff!

Eh, just skip the redaction, what's the worst that can happen.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
02-14-2017 03:12 AM
ICan'tGiveCredit
Demonic Kitchen Appliance

I have not read the Body Politic. Is it available online in front of a paywall rather than behind one?

You are your consciousness, which is a reflection of your self, which is a reflection of the electrical feedback of your brain. So yeah i guess you're the brain.

EDIT: i watched this video and it is horrifying.

in my story idea it's each of the trillions of cells rather than the body parts.

"A day without a laugh is a day wasted."
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png][Image: Sm02KV6.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017 06:04 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
02-14-2017 05:54 AM
Superficial
Super Shark

What's your Emergence Scene? - Paramedics in charge of saving lives from Eldritch beings emerging in your world.

Apart from Complex - Different people are trying to remove organs from each other for different reasons. (Ex: One of them is looking for a willing volunteer for an organ transplant. Another is a cultist trying to find a good sacrifice. Yet another just wants to make some quick cash on the black market. Etc.)

Drink Your Death Out - In the afterlife, You work at a drink shop as a "demon vanquisher" which is just another way of saying that you kill dead pests and clean up ghost-mold in storage. Everything was going dandy until the supplier sent you a mysterious unlabeled bottle filled with a liquid you've never seen before. Naturally, you drank the heck out of it and now you're paying the consequences.

Untopia - It's a utopia for dead people. What more can you want?

Pink Fold - Any origami you fold turns pink. This baffles the beings currently observing you and your reality. The universe isn't supposed to bestow unexplainable powers to mortals no matter how minor and they're looking to fix this problem. This may or may not erase your existence.

It's Offishal - You are an office fish. Your best friend is an accountant.

The NeverEnding Quest - A classical text adventure.
02-20-2017 01:05 AM
btp
like a wild, sexy Dick Cheney

You own a restaurant called "Share Burger" where customers can only order food they are sharing with another customer.

OR

You've entered a restaurant called "Share Burger" and must find a stranger to eat a meal with.
03-04-2017 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
btp

Everyone's a seal.
03-04-2017 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
btp

You to go the ET ride at universal studios but turns out it's real.
03-05-2017 12:08 AM
Gitaxian

Street signs are actually magical glyphs with strange powers, and the layout of roads is all part of a secret conspiracy to perform a dark ritual.
03-23-2017 03:10 PM
SC
The Hoip of Hoips

(03-04-2017 11:32 PM)btp Wrote:  You own a restaurant called "Share Burger" where customers can only order food they are sharing with another customer.

OR

You've entered a restaurant called "Share Burger" and must find a stranger to eat a meal with.

this, except this is on an alien spaceport that you're visiting so everyone is a different species and therefore, speaks a different language. this is the only food joint on the huge construct and you're fucking hungry as hell so you gotta hunker down and eat some space burgs with a goddamn alien.

04-23-2017 06:18 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

it's the trial of the century! the 20th century is on trial for crimes against humanity and you have to defend or prosecute it
04-23-2017 11:36 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

You have to defend AND prosecute it.

Also, failing at either will get you in huge trouble.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
04-24-2017 12:49 AM
Reyweld
zip

Twelve ducks have turned into swans, scientists are amazed!

Sig:
Spoiler :
(03-02-2015 02:07 AM)Papers Wrote:  i don't know what i expected from reyweld's new hawkspace thread
(06-02-2016 04:16 AM)Schazer Wrote:  Tokyo could kick your scrawny ass

---

[Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1] [Image: egg008.png?raw=1]
my babies
Yesterday 10:50 AM