Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
Dragon Fogel
 Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
The Goddamn Pacman

The year is 2031. Crime is on the rise.

All across the world, dozens of seemingly unsolvable murders pop up every day, with no apparent purpose or pattern.

Until, that is, someone noticed that renowned mystery novelist Kyle DeMille had written several books with remarkable similarities to a number of the murders.

Shortly after his arrest, however, it became clear that DeMille was not acting alone. As more evidence came to light, and a number of new novels popped up under pseudonyms, the extent of the scheme became clear.

There was an entire criminal organization run by murder mystery authors conducting research to learn if their intended crimes were plausible. They called themselves Undercover, and aside from DeMille, their members proved elusive to track down.

It was only a matter of months before writing murder mysteries was banned under international treaty. Today, no author who hopes to have a serious career will admit to ever writing one, and publishing companies are cracking down on suspected authors in their ranks.

Iconoclast Publishing was no exception. They were a small publisher with only twenty-one authors under their banner, and they couldn't afford the bad press if they were found to be harboring criminals.

Tonight, Iconoclast was holding a party for all of their authors, and attendance was mandatory.

Naturally, everyone suspected the real reason for the party was to flush out the Undercover agents. They were right, but they were still in for an unpleasant surprise.

Once all the authors were in, someone wondered where the head editor was. A quick check of his office revealed the shocking truth: He was dead, crushed under his own office chair, just like the victim in A Bad Day at the Office. Undercover had struck.

Worse, the building was locked. The authors were trapped, knowing only that some among them were coldblooded killers who wrote about their crimes.

And so the race was on to find Undercover.

This is a Mafia game! Setup was handled by soundlyParanoid and flavor is being handled by me. It's going to be a pretty straightforward game, expect plenty of vanilla roles.

We're looking for twenty-one players in total. If you're taking part, we invite you to come up with a name for the author you'll be playing as. Send me a PM with the name so I can plug it into the role flavor (which I'm still writing out, but I expect to be done by Monday at the latest).

Setup guarantees:
Spoiler :
-No alignment changes
-No game-ending jesters or similar roles
-Only mild mod bastardry at most
-We may suggest roleplayable quirks for you to follow based on your role flavor. This is optional, but if you keep it up and make it amusing, you may just get a prize! Prizes will be nifty but not necessarily game-changing.

Players:

1. Mirdini - Shelly Winters - Historian, caramel townie, died at the end of D3
2. Crowstone - Whimbrel - Rory Ringepinder, playwright, caramel townie, lynched D6.
3. SleepingOrange - Estelle DuWithers - Pie baker, could hand out pies with various effects, pies could not directly kill or protect, killed N3
4. Garuru - Danielle Steel - Self-help book author, town bulletproof thanks to the power of positive thinking
5. Schazer
6. Sotek
7. icanhasdonut - Donut Adams - New age religion author, town cop
8. Akumu
9. seedy - Veronica Bryant - Satirist, caramel townie, killed N4
10. Palamedes - Edgar Allen Faux, literary critic, Undercover flavor cop, could find out what sort of books someone wrote, could recruit Gnauga the traitor or form a mixmason team with AgentBlue the miller by visiting them
11. Nova TehPilot
12. eberron - Aunty Early, fantasy novelist, caramel townie, revenge-killed by AgentBlue D5
13. AgentBlue - Alice Wonderland - Miller and revenge killer, lynched D5
14. amosmyn - Truegreen - Theo Van Doesburg - Undercover kidnapper/janitor, could kidnap someone for one day/night cycle or hide the body of someone killed the same night, could not use this ability two nights in a row, could only hide one dead body at a time, lynched D4
15. Dalm - Nell M. Frank - science fiction author, caramel townie, lynched D7
16. bigro - Seedy II
17. cyber95 - Dr. Donald Sullivan Lester - Third-party bodystacker and investigator, had two uses of each of track/watch/cop and could trade two charges in for a kill, disappeared N1, turned up dead after N2
18. Chwoka Coldblooded - Anona Muss - horror writer, caramel townie, would have gained daykill if all other caramel townies died, killed N6
19. Gnauga - R.L. Stine - Undercover traitor, one-shot bulletproof, had a variety of win conditions depending on if he were dead or recruited and which factions won the game.
20. Granolaman - Dakota Weber - Third-party bodystacker, recruited a partner before the game actually began, lynched D2
21. Solaris - Pananelo "Poptyping" Pwuadatock - Undercover busdriver, couldn't busdrive the Undercover kill target, lynched D3

Replacements:
-None on the waiting list, contact me if you're interested.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I'm serious | It makes perfect sense | Easy as ABC! | I can't even explain it
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 03:56 AM by Dragon Fogel.)
03-07-2014 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mirdini
 RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game)

MURDER THEY WROTE

AND MURDER THEY DID
03-07-2014 06:10 AM
Crowstone
squee~

i predict that this game will last three nights
(join)

[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
03-07-2014 06:11 AM
SleepingOrange
Mirror Universe Evil Twin

I'm down I guess
03-07-2014 06:24 AM
Coldblooded
Ankylosaurus

(03-07-2014 05:56 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote:  The authors were trapped, knowing only that some among them were coldblooded killers who wrote about their crimes.

Fogel, how dare you. This is outright libel, it's like you didn't even try to hide it.

I guess I'll join too, but only in the hopes that I might manage to find the inevitable mod self-insert character and make him answer for his crimes against me.

Tumblr/Steam
03-07-2014 06:44 AM
Schazer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnok

peace to the unsung peace to the martyrs | i'm johnny rotten appleseed
clouds is shaky love | broke as hell but i got a bunch of ringtones
eyes blood red bruise aubergine | Sue took something now Sue doesn't sleep | saint average, day in the life of
staying warm in arctic blizzard | that's my battle 'til I get inanimate | woke up in the noon smelling doom and death | out the house, great outdoors
Feeling homesick no matter where I is | Gonna beg steal and borrow 'til we live like kings
03-07-2014 06:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sotek

Para ordered me to sign up for this.
03-07-2014 06:57 AM
icanhasdonut
didn't forget her password for 2 years

sure why not

literally playing the same game on end
03-07-2014 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Akumu
Strawberry Fields Forever

Alright count me in
03-08-2014 03:38 AM
seedy
Sol Heir

I can't resist this flavor
03-09-2014 06:04 AM
Palamedes
Wicked Witch

Sure thing.
03-09-2014 05:26 PM
Nova
F#%& THE POLICE

Hi .

[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote:  pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote:  DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 10:18 PM by Nova.)
03-09-2014 10:17 PM
eberron

I'm game. count me in
03-09-2014 11:05 PM
AgentBlue
that escalated quickly

okay!

Let me out Stay safe inside | You're not kind | Ethics are overrated | What is life | Men are pigs | I'm so drunk | EAT ME NOW | Click clack fuck | Is this right Only money matters | Change my clothes | Little sun rising | One cat's future | Wax and wane | Dark times ahead
----
So very British / But then again | People are machines Machines are people | Oh hai there | There's no time
----
Superhero 1920s noir | Multigenre Half-Life | Changing the future | Command line interface
Tu ventire felix? | Clockwork for eternity | Explosions in spacetime
03-09-2014 11:59 PM
amosmyn

Be right back, preparing a flashy entrance...

03-10-2014 04:31 AM
Dalmationer
Heck.Admin

can I join? I know nothing about the mafia rules but whatever. Should i write like a profile of author-me???????

[Image: yaivjOF.png]
03-10-2014 10:28 AM
bigro
Please explain

Yes, Hi
03-10-2014 01:44 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

(03-10-2014 10:28 AM)Dalmationer Wrote:  can I join? I know nothing about the mafia rules but whatever. Should i write like a profile of author-me???????

There's no need for that, just give me a name and I'll give you a brief backstory with your role.

Although if you want to come up with a bunch of crazy stuff to add onto that backstory, well, I've got no problem with that.

There's no reason for this | Or this | Death is inevitable | You can't challenge fate | The smallest change
I suck | I rule | I've got it made | Really, I'm serious | This bugs me | It's all lies | I want to believe
03-10-2014 03:27 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

Coldblooded has been moved off the player list and onto the replacement list due to being busy.

03-10-2014 04:43 PM
Dalmationer
Heck.Admin

I will be Nell M. Frank because all my favourite scifi authors have middle names.

03-10-2014 05:39 PM
Dragon Fogel
The Goddamn Pacman

(03-10-2014 05:39 PM)Dalmationer Wrote:  I will be Nell M. Frank because all my favourite scifi authors have middle names.

I meant to PM me with it, but it doesn't actually matter that much since the name won't determine anything actually relevant to the game.

03-10-2014 06:29 PM
Dalmationer
Heck.Admin

oops ok

03-10-2014 07:45 PM
Gatr
baraligatr

slam me down in that there spot

[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
03-11-2014 01:30 AM
Robust Laser
spoopybug

fiiiiine i'm in
03-11-2014 01:34 AM
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
i'm rad as hell, and i'm not gonna take it anymore

fine,
03-11-2014 03:49 AM