Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Great Haven - Break
Author Message
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Choices
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
Hat and ward tunic because fuck yes. (4000 spice)
Buckler without bubble (4500 spice)
That leaves us with a nice 4200 spice.
Look at potion selection also, maybe find a temporary magic enhancer concotion? Or a potent salve for more serious wounds? Or maybe even... a love potion? Nah, you don't care about that sort of thing.
Keep at least 2000 spice as a rainy day fund.

As a side not, this adventure probably has my favourite art style of them all. The characters are compelling and the backgrounds feel alive and vibrant. This adventure as a whole is criminally underrated.

Also Raoul is fucking cute in that hat and tunic oh my god.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2017, 04:20 AM by Zephyr Nepres.)
04-14-2017, 04:13 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Great Haven - Choices
 

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
This adventure is literally one of my favourite things on this forum.
Also, you need that hat and tunic. You just do.
04-14-2017, 09:48 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Potions
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,294
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
(04-11-2017, 05:09 PM)Wheat Wrote: ask if the bubble can be tested by dropping a really heavy thing on it.

[Image: kgF3UOX.png]

Feeling skeptical, you ask the bubble vendor to demonstrate the indestructibility of his product. There's no real way to turn it on without wielding it, so... your turn it on, trapping yourself within it as per design. The vendor begins to lift up a large crate, preparing to drop it on top of you.

Maya quickly comes to stop this nonsense. "Noooo, please, that won't be necessary, thank you very much! Y'know, that's actually a very bad idea if it does happen to break." Slightly offended, the vendor puts his crate back down, and you unbubble, preferring not to think of the possible outcomes of that scenario.

(04-11-2017, 06:38 PM)Smurfton Wrote: So what potions are there?

[Image: iz46WYt.png]

Deciding to browse around a little more, you have a look at the potion stall. These flasks are huge! You think you could make two or three servings for yourself just from these alone. You eye a few of them...

There's a potion of haste, which should make you run very, very fast. They say it's a relatively new recipe, and it's in high demand. A potion of invisibility would be useful for escapes, but they're somewhat expensive compared to the rest. Healing potions seem common and quite cheap, though you have doubt that you'll need one of those with Maya around - after all, hypothermia doesn't sound all that easy an ailment to cure with magic, and she fixed you up pretty well. She must have felt pretty fatigued after using that much magic... or perhaps she used some kind of restorative. It turns out that these sorts of rejuvenating potions are quite cheap and readily made, but come in smaller servings. Unlike the rest, you think you could only get one good charge out of these.

[Image: ZxbYEs5.png]

And then, you see a love potion. You were interested at first, but it looks awfully sleazy on closer inspection. That bottle must have been used over half a dozen times... and even on this use, It's so old and musty looking, that you're not entirely sure the contents are still completely liquid. The wax seal is probably broken. You have a hard time believing that anyone would be desperate enough to buy that thing, but then again... it's up for sale for a reason.

You make note of the prices of each of these potions. They all have three hiir-sized servings in them, and you could easily store them in your bag, which Maya took again while you were changing in and out of that tunic.

[Image: z6SVT5v.png]

You turn to maya to see if you can get your bag back, but before you can say anything, Deline pushes her aside. You hear her say something about wanting to talk "in private," but as they walk away, their voices are quickly drowned out in the crowd.

You have 8700 Spice.
Tunic - 2000 Sp
Ward tunic - 3800 Sp
Buckler - 500 Sp
Bubble buckler - 5000 Sp
Rapier - 3550 Sp
Pistol - 7500 Sp
Hat - 200 Sp

Potion of Haste - 1100 Sp
Potion of Invisibility - 1800 Sp
Potion of Healing - 800 Sp
Potion of Rejuvination - 500 Sp
Potion of Love - 1500 Sp

Your current plan is to buy the ward tunic and the hat (of course), while putting aside 2000 for a bank account. This would leave you with 2700 Sp to do anything else with. You think you'll finalize your budget plan when Maya gives you back your bag, again.





Spoiler :
(04-14-2017, 04:13 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: As a side not, this adventure probably has my favourite art style of them all. The characters are compelling and the backgrounds feel alive and vibrant. This adventure as a whole is criminally underrated.

Also Raoul is fucking cute in that hat and tunic oh my god.

(04-14-2017, 09:48 PM)Tuesday Wrote: This adventure is literally one of my favourite things on this forum.

Reading comments like these really makes me happy. Thanks a lot c':

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM by Justice Watch.)
04-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Potions
 

Offline
Posts: 330
Joined: Apr 2016
>Grab the potions of haste and healing. Getting in and out of places quickly is always good, and Maya might not be around all the time.

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
04-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Potions
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
> Normal buckler, 2 rejuvination potions and one haste. That leaves 100 spice.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
04-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Recounting
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,294
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
[Image: KD4KLJZ.png]

You mull it over for a bit, doing the arithmetic with pebbles on the ground - you feel like you have a pretty good handle on working with larger numbers now. If you take the haste potion, the health potion, and a single rejuvenation potion, you should have 2300 spice left... which is a decent amount to go to the bank, you think. Now, if only Maya would come back with your money.

[Image: i6PzR3Z.png]

...Huh. They sure are taking a long time, and you can't see them anywhere nearby. People are starting to stare at you. You really want to get that tunic... but you're a patient Hiir, and that can wait for Maya to come back. She has the saddle bag you grew up with, so she's bound to come give it back to you.

...Right?

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
05-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Recounting
 

Offline
Posts: 5,317
Joined: Jul 2011
"Please tone down your staring. I'm trying to do math here and I can't hear the numbers in my head over how hard you guys are looking at me..."

(be completely unaware of possibility of maya not returning over how hard you're mathing)

e: get so lost in your hard mathing that you somehow trigger your latent Math Magic powers, which are as strong as or stronger than your other force magic powers

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2017, 12:14 AM by Wheat.)
05-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Recounting
 

Offline
Posts: 330
Joined: Apr 2016
>Climb on top of something tall so you're out of sight. People staring make you nervous!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
05-02-2017, 03:03 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Recounting
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
> Encounter mild to moderate racism, and an eccentric stall owner trying to force a deal.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
05-02-2017, 03:14 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Listen
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,294
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
Wheat Wrote:Just focus very hard on your math.

[Image: h5vtoHU.png]

For just a while longer, you wait. You figure you can practice counting. You just wish the rocks had more variance; it's hard to remember which ones represent hundreds, and you're less than confident in knowing which one is bigger. At least you're being consistent.

[Image: IMxQnUz.png]

Suddenly, a feather prods at your back,interrupting your thoughts and nearly sending you thirty feet into the air. "Hey, buddy." It's the potion stall owner, no doubt unamused by your loitering. "Are you going to buy something, or just sit there playing with rocks all day? If you understand, my other customers don't appreciate the likes of you being around."

(05-02-2017, 03:03 AM)tronn Wrote: >Climb on top of something tall so you're out of sight.

[Image: vboHpFI.png]

Despite the circumstances of your inability to pay, you decide it's time to make yourself scarce, and zip up the nearest climbable object, which in your experience would usually lead you to a rooftop or something where you could hide. Instead, it leads you to the center of attention; the faces turned toward you are growing in number, and you can hear them mumbling amongst themselves.

Thankfully, there are only a handful of people around this particular area, and they look more confused than anything else - but you aren't taking any chances, especially since some of the voices you hear are quite angry. Unfortunately, you still don't see Maya or Deline anywhere nearby; this is getting worrisome.

Though... the more you think about it, something here doesn't quite add up. You only see about three to four faces in front of you, but you hear maybe half a dozen voices. And only see two people are talking.

What's more, they sound like they're coming from behind you... but your back is to a wall.

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 06:24 AM by Justice Watch.)
05-14-2017, 06:24 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Great Haven - Listen
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,704
Joined: Jul 2011
Ōtautahi
Get down on that platform with the jug on it and listen in; if you sit there it looks a bit more like a place a hiir would hang out.
05-14-2017, 06:28 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Listen
 

Offline
Posts: 330
Joined: Apr 2016
>Leap onto the flag hanging down the wall and scramble to safety!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
05-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Listen
 

Offline
Posts: 5,317
Joined: Jul 2011
First, say "I'm a customer and I'm trying to count hard enough to figure out what I can buy. You'd think a shopkeeper accommodate a customer's needs..." That should buy you some time while you continue standing up here.

Then turn around and listen harder. Try to separate each voice and pinpoint where each voice is coming from.

Maybe it's from those missing bricks behind you.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 08:33 PM by Wheat.)
05-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Unclever title
 RE: Great Haven - Listen
incredible Username

Offline
Posts: 66
Joined: Apr 2016
Voices from the wall behind you? Who's speaking, the bricks? Can bricks talk now? Are your ears magic? Or are you just going crazy?
>Politely ask the wall to pipe down.
05-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,294
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
(05-14-2017, 06:28 AM)Schazer Wrote: Get down on that platform with the jug.

[Image: pL9u9FU.png]

Okay. This situation isn't as unmanageable as you think it is... You're not very used to being out in the daylight, and they're probably not used to seeing Hiiri at this time of day, either. You figure that jug platform is a more natural place to sit, so you step down.

(05-14-2017, 08:27 PM)Wheat Wrote: Tell them you're a customer.

You also try not to be so awkwardly silent, like you have been for the majority of this exchange. "...I'm not here to cause trouble, I swear," you reason. "I'm just... trying to count my money."

The peddler looks puzzled. "...I'm sorry, but I don't accept payment in rocks."

"S-someone else is holding it for me," you say, hoping that that would be enough. "I hope... I hope you don't treat your other customers like this."

He ruminates on that for a bit, before giving you a warning. "...Alright, listen. I'll be happy to accept payment for whatever when you show me some real money. But I've got my eye on you until you do." He then turns to the other peddlers, to talk about something too quiet for you to listen to.

(05-14-2017, 08:27 PM)Wheat Wrote: Try to separate each voice and pinpoint where each voice is coming from.

[Image: YCaLkm7.png]

But there's still one thing ringing loud and clear in your ears - those voices. You count four, distinctly; every once in a while there is a fifth. Two of them are awfully close in the wall behind you, and the other three are quite far off, at least one street away. But you can hear them clear as day, and they're communicating. You haven't really started to listen until that hawren ceased to harangue you, but you can tell there is some sort of organized event going on.

Suddenly, it hits you. It's a Hiiri raid group.

You recognize that someone must be waiting in the jug beside you. And you're calling a lot of attention toward this area. The hiir inside the jug doesn't sound too happy. "Can someone figure out what's making this platform move so much?" Her voice cuts the air around your ears; it sounds like she doesn't like having to interrupt her conversation, but she continues, "The vendors around here don't sound happy, and it's getting me anxious."

She's clearly not the only one getting anxious. You're conflicted; would you say anything back, or just keep yourself quiet?

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 09:17 AM by Justice Watch.)
05-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Unclever title
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
incredible Username

Offline
Posts: 66
Joined: Apr 2016
>Leave, go find Maya. Whatever the raid group is planning to do you're probably going to get blamed for it when it happens. Seeing as you're the only Hiiri out in the open right now.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 02:24 PM by Unclever title.)
05-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Schazer
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
Patron Saint of Normcore

Offline
Posts: 6,704
Joined: Jul 2011
Ōtautahi
You'll probably prevent the most bloodshed by letting the Hiir know the merchants are too suspicious to continue with their raid today. It's not your fault, you're new in town.
05-30-2017, 03:22 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
 

Offline
Posts: 5,317
Joined: Jul 2011
In addition to tipping them off, offer to treat them to a meal. There, you can take stock of who'd be good partners for questing... or if if they're all up for it then congrats you now have an entourage

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
05-30-2017, 10:11 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
(05-30-2017, 03:22 PM)Schazer Wrote: You'll probably prevent the most bloodshed by letting the Hiir know the merchants are too suspicious to continue with their raid today. It's not your fault, you're new in town.

seconded

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
05-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Tuesday
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
 

Offline
Posts: 657
Joined: Apr 2017
(05-30-2017, 10:30 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 03:22 PM)Schazer Wrote: You'll probably prevent the most bloodshed by letting the Hiir know the merchants are too suspicious to continue with their raid today. It's not your fault, you're new in town.

seconded

thoided
05-31-2017, 02:50 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
 

Offline
Posts: 330
Joined: Apr 2016
>make your acquaintances with the local Hiiri
>recognize one of them, it's the outcast!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
05-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
Hey I did a pixel for Raoul. I was thinking about doing either a snow hiir (the snowman he made) and/or hat and tunic version. What do you think?
[Image: vrHFF2h.png]

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
06-19-2017, 02:44 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
the god eater

Offline
Posts: 3,151
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
Where are his arms?
06-19-2017, 03:29 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 275
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
He's lifting them up in the air. I made em a little too nubby I guess.

EDIT: New version. Changed his arms, made his feet bigger and added his bag.
[Image: RkFHr4h.png]

EDIT EDIT: Outfit (its kinda rushed, had lots of trouble with it)
[Image: rLZQKss.png]

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 03:31 AM by Zephyr Nepres.)
06-19-2017, 03:46 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: Great Haven - Listen Closer
the god eater

Offline
Posts: 3,151
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
I think it would help if you moved his bandana onto his body and then his head to where his bandana is. Raoul doesn't really have a neck.
06-19-2017, 04:09 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply