Eagle TimeRegisterLogin

Great Haven - Break
Author Message
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,280
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
Spoiler :
(06-19-2017, 02:44 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: Hey I did a pixel for Raoul. I was thinking about doing either a snow hiir (the snowman he made) and/or hat and tunic version. What do you think?
[Image: vrHFF2h.png]

(06-19-2017, 03:46 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: He's lifting them up in the air. I made em a little too nubby I guess.

EDIT: New version. Changed his arms, made his feet bigger and added his bag.
[Image: RkFHr4h.png]

EDIT EDIT: Outfit (its kinda rushed, had lots of trouble with it)
[Image: rLZQKss.png]

Woowowow!!

I seriously can't say enough how much I appreciate stuff like this @@ Thanks a lot!!






(05-30-2017, 03:22 PM)Schazer Wrote: Tell them that the merchants are too suspicious.

[Image: PASJwbm.png]

You close your eyes. A tinge of panic strikes your heart.

Like this, you can pinpoint almost exactly where the other Hiiri are - but, as you've been silent, they would have no idea that you were even there. So, in your attempt to be as helpful as possible, you speak up. Your ears twitch and turn just so... and your voice rings as clearly as those around you.

"It's not safe." you rehearse in your head. "You guys need to go home. If you try anything, the merchants are definitely going to catch you."

[Image: MAf33eW.png]

There's silence, and then a commotion as the others try to figure out who this new voice is, and why they're apparently out in the open. You try to quell their frustration with a sheepish apology. You're sorry. ...Maybe you don't sound sincere enough. You're really sorry.

You would offer them your money to make up for it, but what's the point of that if the one person you thought you trusted ran away with it? You didn't want to give it credence until now, but Maya has been gone for hours. She walked away, and you barely gave it a second thought. You just sat there and fantasized about all the armor and food that money could buy you. If you weren't such a clumsy idiot, you would have followed her, taken the money and ran away while you still could. But instead, you counted your rocks until sundown, and told yourself she would be back. And now it's gone forever.

And now these people get to starve, just like your clan did.

[Image: ipRokWj.png]

There is a rustling from the pot.

"Who the hell are you?"

(05-30-2017, 03:22 PM)Schazer Wrote: It's not your fault.

[Image: pEbtlZl.png]

"I-I didn't mean to..."

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
06-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
 

Offline
Posts: 5,182
Joined: Jul 2011
There there it will be okay... youre doing a lot better than earlier today...


Ask a merchant if there's a chair or waiting area you can wait in while you wait for your ward to come back. if theyre not back by the time they close up shop you'll leave. Also your new friend here can wait there too, if someone notices them.

"i'm raoul and i'm waiting for a friend to give me money here. i could treat your whole clan to a nice meal if you don't mind waiting.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 274
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
> Just be a bawling mess for like... 10 minutes straight. Pot lady is trying so hard.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
 

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr 2016
>both of you: get chased off by a suddenly appearing hostile and bond over a series of narrow escapes where you help one another

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
06-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 274
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
So I did another pixel art. Hope you enjoy!

[Image: yfDR49h.png]

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
07-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Tell Them
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,280
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
(06-28-2017, 02:40 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: > Just be a bawling mess.

[Image: q9ixsPh.png]

You turn away, tail still tucked between your legs. Hell, you can't even bear to look up to her. You can feel the weight of disappointment pounding in the form of a stare against your back. And in time, you're sure, the weight of dozens more.

But, you've been through this feeling many times before. As much as you'd like to, you can't simply stay silent. Silence is just as bad as saying the wrong things. And anything you could say could be the wrong thing. You don't even know who this Hiir is, and you've already ruined your first impression - the seconds between seeing her face and now felt like hours, as if you were making up for the lost time waiting for Maya to come back.

You want to tell her your name, or at least what you're doing there, but you choke on your tears. If you managed to open your mouth at all, you fear the only noise you could make is a low, warbled -

[Image: LDzF9qV.png]

"AAUUgghh, dammit, dammit!!"

[Image: AljiMPk.png]

There's a shattering of clay behind you, and you turn back around to see the culprit: and arrow had itself buried into the hip of your new acquaintance. Grain spills out onto the platform and onto the ground below as she struggles to escape from the shattered pot - and she's swearing up a storm. She must be gathering all kinds of attention - and that arrow means that somebody was already watching her.

And you.

...You feel like you might faint.





Spoiler :
(07-23-2017, 03:07 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: So I did another pixel art. Hope you enjoy!

[Image: yfDR49h.png]

Pleaaase you're too kiind <3

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 04:31 PM by Justice Watch.)
08-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
wiltingMyosotis
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
Too Busy Reading

Offline
Posts: 327
Joined: Apr 2016
> take the arrow off.

“Remember when we were part of something else?”
08-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Smurfton
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 161
Joined: May 2016
Do not do that ^ that makes the bleeding worse. Rather work on getting medical attention, after getting both of you out of the archer's line of sight. Speaking of, you should probably look up and somewhat left to see where the archer is.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 03:05 AM by Smurfton.)
08-12-2017, 02:57 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 5,182
Joined: Jul 2011
Try to summon whatever couage and power(s) you have and concentrate as hard as you can on where the arrow came from. Then do whatever you can to make sure of your new hiir friend 's safety. It may be your fault but you can still hopefully fix things!

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
08-12-2017, 05:16 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr 2016
>Notice that all her friends have scattered and ran away, it's up to you to carry her to the relative safety of the alleyway!

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
08-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
FlanDab
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
Polite Guardian of Corruption

Offline
Posts: 112
Joined: Jul 2017
>Flee from immediate scene. Find a good place to at least partially hide from the source of the arrow.
08-20-2017, 02:50 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Zephyr Nepres
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
nerd lord supreme

Offline
Posts: 274
Joined: Jun 2016
Wollongong, Australia
> Cauterise the wound with your flame magics.

Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
08-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wessolf27
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: May 2016
>Carry her with you ASAP! Drag her if you must, but most importantly, use your instincts to find the best hiding space for the both of you!
08-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
gloomyMoron
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
That Grouchy Ol' Curmudgeon

Offline
Posts: 59
Joined: Aug 2017
> Well, this isn't gonna look good for you. They're gonna assume you're with them. Time to panic and plead.

> Magic: Be uncontrollable.
08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Justice Watch
 RE: Great Haven - Bawl
I was once an earthexe

Offline
Posts: 1,280
Joined: Oct 2014
Washington State
[Image: ApOBmDL.png]

Your heart pounds as a whirlwind of emotions washes over you, yet you somehow manage to step up and help the injured hiir free herself from the shattered pot. She can stand on her forepaws, but the weight of the round itself applies enough leverage to keep her off balance. Not to mention, it looks incredibly painful.

In between the sounds of each of your labored breaths, she speaks to you a second time. "...Kid, I don't know what possessed you to leave the tower, but if you want to go out with your elders, you're gonna have to play by the rules." She pauses for a second, biting her lip. "...I need you to break the arrow so I can move, but don't pull it out. And be quick, before the archer reloads."

Tumblr Anonymous Wrote:Break the arrow near the base.

[Image: dHgKuuU.png]

Your arms shake as you take the arrow between your teeth, careful not to make the wound worse - it's too thick to break right now, but hiiri have a knack for breaking things. The wood splinters easily as you gnaw, and it's rough on your dry mouth - but in seconds, the fibers are thin enough for you to bend with your arms, and it snaps in two; the lurching motion causes her some visible pain, but she shrugs it off. You barely have time to be impressed. Just then, you hear the heavy thunk of another arrow hitting against stone, missing you both by a generous margin before clattering to the paved ground below. A gust of winter's chilling wind just moments before must have knocked it off course.

(08-12-2017, 02:57 AM)Smurfton Wrote: See where the archer is.

[Image: afYlenR.png]

You look toward the arrow's source, and spot a pair of silhouettes standing guard on the tallest nearby building, though you think only one is an archer. They'll be able to see you on the rooftops... and the ground won't be much help either, as the shopkeepers are doubtlessly well aware of the situation by now, packing up their things as they prepare to defend their product. You're wide open; all you can do is run and hope they don't hit their mark.

[Image: vbBIYsr.png]

Suddenly, your thoughts are interrupted by a snap of the fingers. "You twit, are you even listening to me?" The lump in your throat keeps you from speaking; her voice must have faded into the radio chatter of hiiri talking through the air. "Go to the roof and get inside. Listen to your clanmates - they'll tell you how to get in. And for sky's sake, keep your ears up so you can hear them."

You stare at her blankly, like an untrained pup to its owner. It hurts to keep your eyes open.

"You can't stay here. You need to leave. Now."

You choke. She's frustrated.

[Image: th3PRmp.png]

She slaps you. "Go home to your mother."


____



[Image: Ebvglr4.png]

The chieftains in Arioch are a lot scarier than the ones back home. But at least they're nicer... sort of.

[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
09-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wheat
 RE: Great Haven - Break
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 5,182
Joined: Jul 2011
well, you might as well have a look around here and immediately outside.

[Image: RjvYOd.png]
09-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply
a52
 RE: Great Haven - Break
the god eater

Online
Posts: 3,042
Joined: Jan 2016
the woods
What are those green things?
09-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
Wessolf27
 RE: Great Haven - Break
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 56
Joined: May 2016
>Could you ask anyone who's awake about this? Because you're not missing a mother, in fact, you're a traveler from another town. You have to insist that fact.
09-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Find Quote this message in a reply
tronn
 RE: Great Haven - Break
&nbsp;

Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr 2016
>Ask around if she made it back here, and if so can you talk to her?

B.M.A.
Tale of a small lizard on the big sea!
09-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Find Quote this message in a reply