Sun Worship

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sun Worship
RE: Sun Worship
(02-23-2016, 02:32 AM)goblins Wrote: »Orbs they may be, but one stone, the other fire

stone and fire aren't even similar

then how do you explain VOLCANOE'S, CHUMPNUTS. DrudgerepondLobster With A GunDrudgerepondMcCoffeeMinionScofflawDrudgerepondFact SeagullScofflawMinionFact Seagull owned
(02-22-2016, 03:04 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Because if you're being honest with yourselves, I think you already KNOW that the sun doesn't REALLY like you. It doesn't even look at your gifts, the sun just throws them onto its Eternal Furnace with no regard for who sent it or what it was.
Look, just because you had a bad experience and didn't feel it yourself doesn't mean that Saulė doesn't see it in their daily pass in the solar barge and give supreme deferred judgment. Maybe you just had your prismatic energies separated during the wrong cycle?
[Image: RjvYOd.png]
(02-23-2016, 02:32 AM)goblins Wrote: »Orbs they may be, but one stone, the other fire

Sometimes rocks light on fire. For instance, coals are one kind of rock on fire. Another is brimstone. Since few have ventured to visit to the celestial contraptions, and none have made it past the darkening zone without falling back, it's hard to even say what those orbs may be made of. It makes sense that since they both shine in the sky, that they are both a kind burning rock, though the moon is much more subdued. So we could guess that the moon has a "reflective" kind of fire, instead of a "conflagrant" type.

(02-22-2016, 03:52 PM)Marelo Wrote: »I was conceived in the heart of Sol, a child of atomic fire and plasmic breath, and I emerged from its roiling depths, immortal and molten from my first moment to the last moment of all else, to carry forth this message of hope and warning:

SPF is kind of a scam.
Curious for you to elaborate more on this. Is your branch from a colder and cloudier climate, where the sun is rarer and less punishing of the greedy? I ventured nearer to polaris once, and I could tell an appreciable difference from my home. In my native clime, hogging too much of the sun without applying a shining coat of their favored herbs and incenses to bounce back the rays to Saulė can result in a red censure for hogging too much of Their Glorious Rays. The number of the saulė preference formulation can help distinguish how much one wishes to reflect the rays (with scented offerings added on) according to their wealth and level of supplication.
Hymnal Discussion
"Soak Up The Sun" - Sheryll Crow.
SpoilerShow
This classic praise song, which is best known for being at the end of Kangaroo Jack the same way "I'm A Believer" by the counting crows is at the end of Shrek 1, shares with listeners the ecstasy of giving up one's body to the Sun, and letting its beneficence suffuse you. When the song concludes with "I've got my 45 on so I can rock on," the 45 refers to SPF 45 lotion, acting as an advisement to not soak up too much sun, lest Saulė blow apart your insides with a wrathful ball of fire.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

True story back in 2003 or something I heard this hymn on the radio, and they blanked the word "communist." keep in mind this was post 9/11 period radio, and clear channel was pretty zealous in their protection of america's fee-fees at that that time. but censoring the word communist seemed a bit absurd even at the for 13 year old me
(02-23-2016, 05:35 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(02-22-2016, 03:52 PM)Marelo Wrote: »I was conceived in the heart of Sol, a child of atomic fire and plasmic breath, and I emerged from its roiling depths, immortal and molten from my first moment to the last moment of all else, to carry forth this message of hope and warning:

SPF is kind of a scam.

Curious for you to elaborate more on this. Is your branch from a colder and cloudier climate, where the sun is rarer and less punishing of the greedy? I ventured nearer to polaris once, and I could tell an appreciable difference from my home. In my native clime, hogging too much of the sun without applying a shining coat of their favored herbs and incenses to bounce back the rays to Saulė can result in a red censure for hogging too much of Their Glorious Rays. The number of the saulė preference formulation can help distinguish how much one wishes to reflect the rays (with scented offerings added on) according to their wealth and level of supplication.

I carry forth the Light in my very veins, my heart an infinite furnace of revelation. Look upon my shining countenance and be ashamed of your mudbirth, but know that you too can ignite and be reborn in Fire.

But please use adequate eye protection, and avoid staring.
i think Marelo is actually Satan, the earth's Molten core, which is also very warm. and spherical.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I like to think that there is a little sun in each and every planet, just waiting to burst out of that crest so it can grow up and become a sun.

praise the sun.
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
a burning nuclear furnace
(02-25-2016, 04:42 AM)PKBT Wrote: »I like to think that there is a little sun in each and every planet, just waiting to burst out of that crest so it can grow up and become a sun.

praise the sun.

I like to think that there is a little sun in each and every one of us, just waiting to burst out of our chests in a splatter of blood and hydrogen.

Please consult your physician if you think you may have Alien Sun Syndrome
Don't you mean your Physics-ian?

SpoilerShow
Sig:
SpoilerShow
this thread's a boner
a real sunny d
Hymnal Discussion
"Sun Demon" -Stereolab

SpoilerShow
As you can see, this song is from the album Snotmol ABC by Tere Usi. I don't know what the song itself has to do with the sun, but it has sun in the title.
love that snot music
It's a clear and shiny day, so I decided to snap a picture of everyone's favorite burning ball of gas and iron.

[Image: gVCfUg.jpg]

I encourage others to share a pic of the sun, too! (sun tzu?)
IT;S JUST SO BRIGHT!!!

[Image: KkvYvx.jpg]
[Image: TAbCvT.jpg]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MYYYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
[Image: JoXrvX2.jpg]
[me, 10-20 minutes during the twilight of every dawn]:
*curls up in a hunched position on the balls of one's feet while thinking sunlike thoughts to charge up one's personal radiance while waiting for the moment of daybreak when the sun climbs over the horizon*

[me, the second the sun finally cracks on through]:
*springs up into the air, with legs and arms spreading perpendicularly, and lungs draw in a mighty breath to shout at the leap of one's apex*
"SUN!!!"
(02-23-2016, 05:13 AM)a52 Wrote: »

then how do you explain VOLCANOE'S, CHUMPNUTS. DrudgerepondLobster With A GunDrudgerepondMcCoffeeMinionScofflawDrudgerepondFact SeagullScofflawMinionFact Seagull owned

I would like to offer a sincere apology for this deeply offensive statement. It was vulgar, uncalled-for, and left many people hurt. Worst of all, it wasn't even all that funny, really. I like to think I've changed over these past three years, so I pledge to improve my behavior, and be a better person from now on.

I know I do not deserve it, but I dearly hope this apology is accepted.

Regretfully,

Andrea Fifty Two.

also, fuck the fucking sun, seriously. god. fucking hate that thing.
Dont be mean to the sun, because the sun just wants to give you a big warm hug :(
I don't worship the sun, but boy do i love them. The sun is my friend
Took some pics of the sun! Think they might a little haunted though

Haunted Sun Pics (2)Show
Maybe because our sun is pineapple and not blueberry-flavoured?!?