Art of Domination Thread 04

Art of Domination Thread 04
RE: Art of Domination Thread 04
Okay, wait. I thought we already started every research project in the 'Projects you can begin' section (with the exception of the Laser Urchin) at the start of Week 6. Was there some sort of clerical error or something? I just want to get that cleared up before anyone else starts throwing stuff out there. Best to make sure we have all our options open.

Mind you, even from a preliminary glance, I want to get a pair of BOTA-5s, but I'd rather wait on confirmation before I start throwing unit suggestions around
I don't think we can just ignore Rainhar's disappearance. What if an assassin was sent for him or something? Or this was a test of some seriously dangerous enemy tech?

We should figure out who we can spare to investigate. Now. If this is a threat, we don't want it striking again at an even worse moment for us.
Well look they're fnaly getting serious. I don't think we'll be avoiding casualty this time but we can do our best to fortify.

Allright we have a good RP and AS pool to draw from for building mechanical forces, that'll help, a lot.
Waiting for the troop to desembark is a bad idea, we need to thin the numbers best we can before landing. And we have more than enough of both pools of resouce we an start producing now and have enough to build more later if we're start about it.

That said gloomy, if I may, while I agree with some of your list, I don't agree with it fully. i* feel you'd have have us spent to much just right now

The way I see it

1)First thing first: More mobility. It's alway good. We don't now where thay intend to land their transport but we need to be ready to have fast deployement whereever it may be.

We need another two Portal wagon and let's say about two new skyshadows and ten more Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle . That'll let us deploy bataillons fairly quickly around the board.

(+1 portal wagon
400-40 AS 360 AS left
+2 skyshadows, + 10 Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle
363 670 -(2*4500)-(20*450)= 350 170 RP left)

Second is thining as many transports as we can.
This kind of aerial attack is exactly what our sonic swatters should be made for, they're dedicated AA units and I don't think even the faster more dodgy planne ever should be able to dodge a well placed sonic blast. Even if it doesn't penetrate the thck armor, at least it can destabilized them enough for our jester crafts' and Reavers gunship missiles to hit.

We have ten swatters, let's build ten more. We won''t be able to deploy those away fast (maybe skyshadows can help here, I think they can transport vehicles with special hooks, same way they could trnasprt those servers from region 1), sadly but that mean we can afford to risk those we already have it the field knowing we have reserves.

For that matter, lasers should be undogeable bar some author tech shenanigans and armored tra sport sounds just like the kind of thing anti air heavy thermobaric missiles were ùade for so let's add four Blood princes to our anti air forces.
We'll scramble them as soon they're are made.

+4 blood prince, +10 sonic swatters
(354 670-(10*1800)-(4*10800)= 288 970)

We need to be able to destroy any big clumps of enemy troops as soon as they land or are parachuted. So well need to increase our precision bombing runs faculties. Some atillery wouldn't hurt.
4 more Reaver gunships.
10 more hunter drones
Hire 2 BOTA-4 - gunships PMC
Artllery would help. We already have some Solaria artilliry PMc hired, we needd to deploy them to help our bataillons but just to be sure et's build one black hole artillery from the author forge. And 2 void spheres
+4 Reaver gunships, +5 regular hunter drones, +5 lasers hunter dornes
288 970-(4*7200)-(5*2700)-(5*3800)=227670

+2 BOTA-4 PMCS hired
227670-(2*5000)=217670 RP

+1 black hole artillery +2 Void spheres
360-12-60 = 288

Finally we don't know what are on these transports but the risk of Psychic enemies is alway too real and the more dnagerous as we have no hard counter agains tthem. A true invasion of brainbeast could do a number of our trops and civilian populations alike
So I suggest. We build 4 overmind armor, 4 phantom repeaters and 2 safety sphere and give them to one of our three commandar vanguard briguades.
They are to stay at HQ but be ready to move back and forth through portal wagon to any spot where they might be needed to kill psychic enemies

288-(*4*4)-(4*15)-40-20= 152 AS

Finaly independently of the current situation we need to invest:

-in a few more (let say 5) seekers, hey are just too usefull,
-a few more sonich mechs, (10 should do) their versatility make them usefull,
-ten more batiallons (even if they dodn't arrive int ime for this battle, it's still good to have reinforcements inbound)
-and that bionic upgrade research given how much we rely on sonic mechs

217670-10000-(5*900)-6000-20000=177 170

With the author Forge
-A truth extractor
-Another vigilance sphere
152-5-20 = 127

That leave us with a of total with to spend later (weither it'd be in 10 inutes when we have better idea of what we're facing or after the battle.) of:

TL, Dr. version

We buy
10 sonic swatters
10 Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle
4 blood prince fighters crafts
5 hunter drones
5 laser hunter drones
4 reaver gunships
10 sonic mechs
10 regular bataillons

and with the author forge:
1 Portal wagon
2 Void spheres
1 black hole artillery
3 vigilance sphere
4 phantomatic repeater
4 Overmind armor
A truth extractor
2 Usurper Knight

We hire:
2 BOTA gunships

We research:
Advanced bionic warfare

We have
177 170 RP
and 127 AS
left

Which is more than enough for tactical flexibility and buy extra things later(or even jsut in ten minutes) if needed, like lots more gunships, volcano tanks or usurper knights galore if there are a lot of pyschics.

We scramble the void spheres, BOTa 4 gunships and Bloodprince on the two fronts (two bllodprince, one BOTa, one void sphere per dirrection) and have them destroy as many transport ships as they can alongside our jesters.

We deploy our sonic swaters in clumps to down more transports before they can reach any startegic destination.

We keep our 4 reaver gunship, new hunter drones and one black hole artillery on standby to take out group of enemy troops as soon as they get out of the transports that remain.
Atthispoint we recall our void spheres and the BOTAs and Reavers to help

With our two portal wagons we can teleport our bataillons around to mop up things on ground and defens cities.
We should already have at least one bataillong deployed near any big urvban center or big startegic target.

We have a commander vanguard equiped with 4 phantomatic repeaters and ovrmind armors and acompanied by 2 usuper knights whose role are to deal with psychic commander and brainbeasts.

Because we rely so much on sonic mechs for patrols we really need that bionic upgrade reasearch so might as well spend on it now.
Ten moe bataillons of troops will be inbound as reinforcement.

Quote:Okay, wait. I thought we already started every research project in the 'Projects you can begin' section (with the exception of the Laser Urchin) at the start of Week 6. Was there some sort of clerical error or something? I just want to get that cleared up before anyone else starts throwing stuff out there. Best to make sure we have all our options open.

Or simply, between our ew unit in action, some of the thing we disovered and possiblysome of the data from the region 1 servers we decoded, our R&D people just has new ideas to add to thelist since the last time we had a chance to spend RP.

Quote:I don't think we can just ignore Rainhar's disappearance. What if an assassin was sent for him or something? Or this was a test of some seriously dangerous enemy tech?

We should figure out who we can spare to investigate. Now. If this is a threat, we don't want it striking again at an even worse moment for us.

I have a sneaking suspicion Rheynar was disapointed with our decision not to proactively act and has his own plan set in motion he decided to enact on how own. Let'snot forget that for as mart and harming ans so far pretty agreable he's been, he's still a cocky egotistic asshole sometime. (weither it'll turn out to be a good or bad thing for us.... we'll see)

That said, you have a point, I'm sure we can scramble some of our human spies on the case, its not like they're very usefull aganst an outright invasion. Jsut to make sure they'll have one stealth team if it turns out something need shooting and Kudora can be called as teach support if necessary.
If you think I'm spending too much... maybe I am, but I'm taking this threat seriously. Sonic troops and reliable, mechanical mobility are how we need to fight most of the things Region 1 can drop on us. I... do not actually trust Portal Wagons and most of the "organic" Author tech... the stuff that is more 'mechanical'... is less likely to fuck us. The Portal Wagons though? I'm not keen on having more than the 1 we already have at the moment.

For awhile now, we've been lacking in a good Anti-air option... so spending on Swatters that we can spread out (we have a lot more territory to hold) is a thing I'd advocate, even if we weren't already facing an aerial threat. I also think that Swatters can be rather easily converted into a siege/anti-mob weapon. Add to them, a contingent of sonic mechs to act as anti-infantry cavalry/skirmishers and we've a pretty potent combination.

I'm also not really willing to budge, at the moment, on the 100 SASAPCs. That's enough APCs to move a battalion, on top of the eight we already have that have basically served as VIP injection and extraction units, that should be able to increase our mobility multi-fold without relying solely on "Keymaster". Add in the 5 Skyshadow transports, which increases our air force's utility substantially, and we start to become really mobile and able to deal with threats on multiple fronts quickly.

Those are the things I'm not really willing, at this time, to give up. Though, I too wanted to add some BOTA-4 Mercs. So I'm flexible there.

Also, I think Void Spheres will be invaluable in dealing with Author/Region 1 beasties because they create a black hole that'll suck them up. There will probably be collateral damage from using them, but less than if we let the beasts run wild... so as far as Author Signatures go, I'd greatly prefer to get 5 Void Spheres. A sentinel orb is useful and could accompany a Spec Ops, Spy, or one of our agents. Phantomic Repeaters are obviously useful... 1 per Spec Ops and then 1 for Vora, Rainhar, and Lagaan means I'd want at least 10... preferably more. Honestly... I'm not opposed to, and seriously considered, spending all 400 of our AS on 200 PRs. They counter pretty much everything that Region 1 could send at us. Also, I prioritized Usurper Knights because... anti-psychic and they're a shock troop we can throw at the front lines to increase our pushing power.

As far as Rainhar goes... we should contact his command ship and his adjutants, assuming it is still there. Rainhar is important, but we need to focus on the immediate threat at hand. We can focus on looking for him when those incoming birds are knocked down or, worst case, have deployed their payload and we're dealing with an infestation. It is concerning that he is gone, but it isn't a thing we should be focusing on. We should delegate, and send a message out to Linesman to 'hunt' for Rainhar for us. He'll be able to scour the planet's security cameras and planetary sensors for him while we're focusing on keeping out people safe.
(01-01-2018, 03:38 PM)Dis_Aster Wrote: »Okay, wait. I thought we already started every research project in the 'Projects you can begin' section (with the exception of the Laser Urchin) at the start of Week 6. Was there some sort of clerical error or something? I just want to get that cleared up before anyone else starts throwing stuff out there. Best to make sure we have all our options open.

Excellent memory, just read through my text files. I will update my post accordingly in a bit. Thanks!
Post updated! Also…

(01-01-2018, 08:49 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »I don't think we can just ignore Rainhar's disappearance. What if an assassin was sent for him or something? Or this was a test of some seriously dangerous enemy tech?

(01-01-2018, 09:19 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »That said, you have a point, I'm sure we can scramble some of our human spies on the case, its not like they're very usefull aganst an outright invasion. Jsut to make sure they'll have one stealth team if it turns out something need shooting and Kudora can be called as teach support if necessary.

(01-02-2018, 10:30 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »As far as Rainhar goes... we should contact his command ship and his adjutants, assuming it is still there. Rainhar is important, but we need to focus on the immediate threat at hand. We can focus on looking for him when those incoming birds are knocked down or, worst case, have deployed their payload and we're dealing with an infestation. It is concerning that he is gone, but it isn't a thing we should be focusing on. We should delegate, and send a message out to Linesman to 'hunt' for Rainhar for us. He'll be able to scour the planet's security cameras and planetary sensors for him while we're focusing on keeping out people safe.

Ghulls: Vora, we can’t find any of Rainhar’s staff either!

You: WHAT?

Ghulls: I’ve also been trying to find out what’s going on with his starship, the Deathman, but it’s missing too!

You: HOW DID WE LOSE A WHOLE SHIP?

Linesman: Commander, me and Kuroda might have a lead on where he is. He flew down here, planet-side at around 2 AM.

You: What was he doing?

Linesman: Rented a luxury car along with a couple of CWS troopers. Good money says he’s somewhere in Region 3.

You: Why?

Linesman: Don’t know, ma’am. We’re still trying to figure that out. The car rental manager doesn’t know anything either.

You: Ghulls, I want ALL our Human Spies to find out where Rainhar has gone!

Ghulls: On it, Vora! Attention all Human Spy assets, Commander Rainhar has gone missing and we have reason to believe he’s down planet-side. I’m relaying co-ordinates of his last known location along with intel of the last vehicle he used. Find out where he is, and what he’s doing!

(Please continue to make suggestions on what to build)
Quote:If you think I'm spending too much... maybe I am, but I'm taking this threat seriously.

So am I.
10 minutes is not that much time to react so while trying to shoot as many transports as we can is good, we should keep a strategic reserve to be able to produce things to counter whatever may be in those that will manage to land, something we can't know at the moment..

Quote:For awhile now, we've been lacking in a good Anti-air option... so spending on Swatters that we can spread out (we have a lot more territory to hold) is a thing I'd advocate, even if we weren't already facing an aerial threat.

I fully agree on our lack of good anti air.
However while I a for buying some ar swatters (ten in my proposal),the thing is air swatters ae vehicles,they can't be transported by portals and while skyshadows might be able to transport them, it'll be only a few at a time. having anti air vehicles is not going to do us uch good if we can't deploy them in time.
And yes they can be used as anti buildings, Mayu confirmed it from the first time they were introduced but since we alway try to minimize casualties, we don't reallyhave much use for them. And most of region 1 stuff is underground so they won't do much good there.

That's why I'd rather buy a mix of swatters and bloodprinces. Bloodpricnes are supersonic air superiority fighters with both light and heavy anti air armements, they're much much more mobile than sonic swatters and I think they'll be the key to air superiority. And to destroy as many transports here.

I'm afraid this going to be our first point of contention.
I can understand not wanting to rely entirely on Portal Wagon, fair enough but APCs are a terrible purchase.
Aas you mentioned yourself it takes hundreds jsut to move /one batailon and we have dozens of bataillons at our command now.
Skyshadow pretty much outclass APCs on every front They are more mobile, much faster, can transport a lot more and stealthy. i'm okay on more skyshadows but 100 APCs seems a useless expense.

And even on ground at only 10, 12 people at most transported, they are just NOT worth their 1800 rp when 2 Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle can transport the same amount of people for less, do it faster and have anti tank and anti infantry weaponry on them. Yes they aren't as well armored but speed and numbers are a key factors for deployement.

The only advantage I see to the APC is that they can evacuate wounded troops, so thaat's good but not worth the 180 000 rp of a 100 APC

I'm willing to compromise to 30/40 ish APCS, mostly as ambulances/emergency extraction purposes, and some Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicles for land mobility and 8 more skyshadows for general mobility
I insist on another portal wagon.

Quote:I think Void Spheres will be invaluable in dealing with Author/Region 1 beasties because they create a black hole that'll suck them up.

I fully agree on void spheres actually. My proposal had only 2 of them but I'm willing to bump it to 4/5

Quote:A sentinel orb is useful and could accompany a Spec Ops, Spy, or one of our agents.

Definitively.

Quote:Phantomic Repeaters are obviously useful... 1 per Spec Ops and then 1 for Vora, Rainhar, and Lagaan means I'd want at least 10... preferably more. Honestly... I'm not opposed to, and seriously considered, spending all 400 of our AS on 200 PRs. They counter pretty much everything that Region 1 could send at us.

That's where I feel I have to disagree again. Only thirty meter range is crippling for a warfare weapon.
In covert ops or close quarters, as defensive weapons, they might be king but for a large scale invasion like that ? I'm afraid they'd be useless Besides at their cost you'll be able to arm like what one out of hundreds if not thousands of soldiers ?

Besides they aren't that great a counter against all of Smith abominations simply because a number of the most dangerous one, brainbeasts and psychic commanders can mind control at way more than thirty meters as far we can tell from previous encounters. An we just can't buy enough overmind armors to counteract that.

That said if you're willing to compromise, Mayu said that on top of the 400 AS we have, there'll be 500 more to harvest. And who know how much more there might be when this whole transport thing is done ?
So if you don't mind only a few phantomic repeater to arm our usurper knights for now and we can buy the rest later ?

Quote: Also, I prioritized Usurper Knights because... anti-psychic and they're a shock troop we can throw at the front lines to increase our pushing power.

I see the more as hard counter for psychic troops.
I mean I rally fear what a great number of brain beasts could do to our troops so dropping a couple of usurper knight per portal with a couple of phantomic repeater and letting the hnt season beggin, I can get behind that. But as frontline troops I don't think they'd be that great simply due to their scarcity.

So here’s an amended proposal, which I think can kind of workout as a compromise:

Starting with 363,670 RP

4 Blood princes fighter craft
(4*10800 =43200)
20 sonic swaters
(20*1800=36000) (we already have 10, that put us to 30)
8 skyshadows
(8*4500=36 000) (we already have 2 s that put us at 10)
32 APCs
(32*1800= 57 600) (on top of 8 that puts us at 40 total)
30 Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle
(30*450=13500) (put us a 40 total)
30 sonic mechs
(30*600 = 18000) (remember we have 50 of them already, so that tops at 80)
2 reaver gunships
(2*7200 = 14 500) (we have 3 of them, that give us five)
5 hunter drones
3 laser drones

(5*2700=13 200) (3* 3800=11 400) (we already have 5 Hunter Drones and 3 Laser Drones already, that put us a 10 and 6)
10 seekers drones
(10*900=9000) (we had 10 we go to 20)
10 bataillons
(10*1000 = 10 000)
+Hire 2 BOTAS PMC
(2*5000= 10 000)

(43200+36000+36000+57600+13500+18000+14500+13200+11400+9000+10000+10000 = 272400 RP spending )

remains: 91270 rp

still enough for a decent strategic reserve.

5 void spheres (5*30= 150 AS)
2 vigilance orbs (2*20 = 40 AS)
1 portal wagon (1*20= 20 AS)
5 phantomatic repeater (5*2 =10 AS)
4 usurper knights (4* 20=80 AS)
1 Truth extractor (1*5 AS)
1 Overmind armor (1*15 AS)

(150+40+20+10+80+5+15=400 AS)
Remains 0 AS

EDIT: after checking, I screwed up my math. It's 320 AS change things a bit.
Remains 80 AS

So I'll add:
Two abyssal artilleries to the mix at 24 AS

Remains 56 AS

But with 500 AS to extract fromthe field, I'm okay with this.

Acceptable, ladies, gents and gloomynotsomorrons ?
AaaalRIGHT, then! Glad to see I wasn't mistaken. Anyways, even if these assholes are pushing an assault and making us dig in, I'm not going to let that dissuade me from putting resources into all currently available non-Rainhar projects. Sure, this'll take a decent chunk out of our resources and won't produce immediate results, but I want every single one of those units sooner rather than later. Something tells me if they're sending highly-optimized aircraft like that out, then we can't afford to slack off on research, either!

SpoilerShow

EDIT: I see I was slow enough that I missed another post happen. Just gonna sweep the rest of that under a spoiler tag and say... I honestly kinda liked the original proposal better, if only because it left room for the new research projects. That, and I'm not feeling the whole 'putting all our eggs' in one basket deal as far as Forgestuff goes, even if there is going to be more AS on the way, if only because of the 'aw fuck' button reasoning, along with the general lack of artillery, but it's not going to be a dealbreaker.
Quote:EDIT: I see I was slow enough that I missed another post happen. Just gonna sweep the [QUOTE]rest of that under a spoiler tag and say... I honestly kinda liked the original proposal better, if only because it left room for the new research projects. That, and I'm not feeling the whole 'putting all our eggs' in one basket deal as far as Forgestuff goes, even if there is going to be more AS on the way, if only because of the 'aw fuck' button reasoning, along with the general lack of artillery, but it's not going to be a dealbreaker.

Well the reserve left is still more than 60 000 rp which might allow two/three research projects or big infrastructure work (like say working on restauting region 4 ndustrial output)
that said since I edited my proposal to buy a full on 20 swatters instead of 10, I could content myself with the 4 original Blood princes. that'd spare 21600 rp, putting our reserve at 91 270 rp left, which is fairly decent I think.

As of AS, I'm willing to drop the overmind armor for now an maybe one void sphere and put instead the original Abyssal artillery instead (because we really need some artiillery, our only option are the needlefishes and they are entirely water based or monster like the thousand nightmare, tht's jsut not practical) and even double down on it.
So we'd have 4 void spheres, 2 abyssal artllery and 21 As left.

EDIT: Nevrmind, I'm a morron. Turns out I screwed up my AS math on the list above and we still had 80 AS to spare so I added the two abyssal artilleries to the mix without removing anything and we still have 56 AS to spare
Aahh. I see, I see. That could work. As far as projects go, while I'd want to do all of them, my main focuses would be on the Bionic Brigade, Mk 2 Swarm Intelligence Drones, and the Laser Tank. The Laser Urchin I don't mind putting off, and while I'd like the Titanium Allies, something tells me it may be wise not to drop 40k on researching those right now.
The reason I'm so insistent on APCs has a lot to do with their usefulness. They're useful, even in a modern (real-world today) military. We probably should be developing specialized variants (such as an IFV or an IMV variant) to further increase their usefulness. There are even APCs that can be turned into mobile mortar/artillery/anti-vehicle variants. However one of the uses of an APC is an armored ambulance. APCs are really, really versatile and are more than just troop transport. Yes. They're, primarily, support vehicles. However, that isn't all they can do. Just take a read of the Stryker for an idea of how versatile the design can be. Skyshadows are good, but they suffer from a problem that a lot of non-land-based transports suffer from and that'd be load time. The Skyshadows need to land (or hover) in a vulnerable position while troops load into it (which may be as fast as a minute but probably longer and closer to 5 minutes), whereas a dedicated land-based APC takes, maybe, 20 seconds to load and roll out. Also, any aerial craft, no matter how advanced, will, by necessity, be less durable than a land based equivalent. It makes up for that by being faster and, well, aerial.

But I guess I'd be fine with going down to 40 (total, 32 bought). It is more than we have now and serves to bolster our response and lets troops redeploy quicker and more securely on a battlefield. I don't, however, really like the S9-RCVs as much. They may be, objectively, the faster and "better" transport unit but they're much more focused in scope and usage. They're just less versatile. SASAPCs are a workhorse, S9-RCVs are a race horse. Sure, the race horse may run fast but a workhorse is vastly more useful in day-to-day situations. So... if we go down to 40 SASAPCs, we don't have to get more S9-RCVs to compensate as I don't think they're much compensation and would rather put that money elsewhere.
40 K is really expensive I agree, but those titanium allies sound pretty wortwhile. Quck hit and run attack and artllery all rolled into one with lots of speed.
I assume they could have other use like transporting stuff or evacuatng wounded soldie too ? They sorta remind me of the famous Boston dynamics big dog except actualy armored and caapble of a strong attack.

I think I'd take them over the bionic brigade as research alongside the advanced SID, laser urchins and laser tank research (80 K of research, oof, expensive, but damn if it wouldn't be worthwhile)

But we can think of that once we repealed this attack and see how much we have left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm aware mechanized infantry is a huge part of modern combat but.. I'm not sure for this the way this adventure work should alway be compared to real combat tactics.
Like, we started this adventure with something like what 4 bataillons. we were supposed to start a planetary insasion (small planet admitedly but still) with 4000 people or even now we have like a grand total of 8 tanks as an armored division and so far it has been enough.

So 40 APCs by this adventure standarts is actualy kind of a huge lot. I'm sure we could and should use more but for now it's definitvely a good number.

I'm not sure about the S9-RCVs.
I agree i may be seriously overselling them as transport, especialy given that given how cheap they are, they likely are extremely fragile to anything bove small arm fire. And all things considere I would rather have more skyshadows or APCs if we had the money

But on the other hands there's a couple reasons I think they can still be wortwhile purchasse:
-First because they are dirt cheap, I mean for 30 of them we only spend 13 000 Rp, that.. really not a lot. Even if I removed the 30 S9-RCVs we couldn't buy 10 40 SASAPCs with what we regain.
I suppose we could buy with this either 20 more Sonic Mechs (I'd like to wait for the Mk 2 to roll in, tho), the laser tank and/or laser urchin research or 2 volcano tanks (We really don't have many taks, do we ?)

-However there is another reason I want these S9-RCVs rather than just transport: hit and run harrasement attaks and, more importantly, Patrols.
While we have plenty of eyes on the sky with seekers drones, we'll soon have our sights mainly on region 2 and number 1. After this attack is over I'd like to hand some of our remaining S9-RCVs to our human cadets and have them patrol region 4 and 5. That way if North force try something sneaky similar to the braintrees spores or something like that, we have higher chance to detect somethng amiss on our own ground.
While Apcs can be kept for support and transport of our main attack forces where they'll be muh more usefull.

-Also in the comming attack, with their machine gun and three anti tank rockets they should be nice cheap force multipliers for our bataillons

I'm open for suggestion for something else to buy instead tho, if you think there's something that'd be really much better to get instead.
APCs are not useful in comparison to a pair of portal wagons and a sentinel sphere, as a sentinel sphere would provide just as if not more protection to soldiers breaching said portal (for a much larger total area and number protected) and with each wagon working in tandem transportation is instantaneous. Since the sphere is sentient it should be "living" and therefore portal-able or at worst carried by the first to breach and activated at the other end.

This removes worries about the time costs associated with mobilizing and using vanilla APCs - though I like the idea of making more useful versions.

I'd like to request 1 more portal wagon and a sentinel sphere, and if possible 7 portal wagons and 4 sentinel spheres such that we could relocate troops from 4 locations instantly, or get 4 times as many troops to any point as fast as possible.

EDIT: to clarify how the portaling becomes instantaneous between any 2 locations rather than just the portal wagon and its location:

Wagon A and Wagon B and sentinel sphere are in the same room, Wagon A and wagon B are situation such that their local portals touch (or nearly touch, or have a protective corridor between them if any distance is required), and then wagon A points his portal to the front line which the sentinel sphere enters and activates projectile slowing (alternately each base needs a sentinel sphere for portaling purpose if they cannot portal without being carried), and wagon B points his portal to our military base.

Now soldiers enter wagon B's portal at the base and instantly are stepping to the front line through wagon A's with the protection of the sentinel sphere.
(The thing is that Gloomy want not to rely on Portal Wagons too much and to a point I can understand that.
It is author tech after all and that mean editors can nullify it (and we know we have at least one of those working against us) ad there's a possibility Authors might be able to sort of 'hack' our author tech in some way we can't understand. Also if they're biological they miht be controlled or vulneralle to pyschic stuff, who knows.
Also th longer we cna keep the existence of author tech on our side secret the better.)

For now 2 portal wagons are enough for 'instantaenous' transport and scramble bataillons twice as fast, but we can add another nd another sentinel sphere.
That's make us a total of 3 wagons, 3 spheres and 16 AS remaning. given the huge reserve of As that can be gathered still, i'm much more willing to spend AS than RP

So the list so far after adding one portal wagon, 1 vigilance sphere, and removing 10 S9 RCVs

4 Blood princes fighter craft
(4*10800 =43200)
20 sonic swaters
(20*1800=36000) (we already have 10, that put us to 30)
8 skyshadows
(8*4500=36 000) (we already have 2 s that put us at 10)
32 APCs
(32*1800= 57 600) (on top of 8 that puts us at 40 total)
20 Sahela-9 Rapid Combat Vehicle
(20*450=9000) (put us a 30 total)
[B]30 sonic mechs

(30*600 = 18000) (remember we have 50 of them already, so that tops at 80)
2 reaver gunships
(2*7200 = 14 500) (we have 3 of them, that give us five)
5 hunter drones
3 laser drones

(5*2700=13 200) (3* 3800=11 400) (we already have 5 Hunter Drones and 3 Laser Drones already, that put us a 10 and 6)
10 seekers drones
(10*900=9000) (we had 10 we go to 20)
10 bataillons
(10*1000 = 10 000)
+Hire 2 BOTAS PMC
(2*5000= 10 000)

(43200+36000+36000+57600+9000+18000+14500+13200+11400+9000+10000+10000 = 267900 RP spending )

remains: 95770 rp

5 void spheres (5*30= 150 AS)
3 vigilance orbs (2*20 = 40 AS)
2 portal wagon (1*20= 20 AS)

(puts us at 3)
5 phantomatic repeater (5*2 =10 AS)
4 usurper knights (4* 20=80 AS)
1 Truth extractor (1*5 AS)
1 Overmind armor (1*15 AS)
Two abyssal artilleries to the mix at 24 AS

Remains 16 AS
Since these are troop transports all personnel should be advised that this is a Biological Weapon Scenario. It may be a decoy, but I think the biohazard caution simple on the ships should be paid attention.
As transport ships they seem to lack and and all methods of defense except for evasion.
Void Spheres will be operating to take out as many optics as they can, and all other aircraft will be sweeping up those who have been blinded. Start from the back or the weakest angle. Assume that a blinded ship can still be given evasive guidance by other nearby ships.
In addition we're going to need airblob and relevant seeker drones to deploy so that we have visuals.
They are to follow a single Void Sphere that will be first given an objective of opening up a hole in one of the carrier ships without downing it, at which point seekers will gather as much intel as they can on the contents of these ships from a safe distance.
If further possible a savior drone will extract one of the bioweapons (more likely than soldiers at this point) and Keymaster will lock in to the coordinates and transport it to a location where Battalion 21 will be instructed to shoot it first, and have a team of four sonic drones coordinating retrieval of corpses for dissection and analysis purposes.
Feathers and Francoise are going to be running as much intel gathering and analysis as possible. We need to know as much as we can about these fleets before they can start unloading on our shores.
Savior Drone 1, 4 Seeker Drones, Air Blob 1, Battalion 21, and 4 Sonic Drones will continue this operation until it is determined that we have recovered enough enemy corpses to know what the enemy is trying.
Furthermore I want it noted that we should be looking into avenues to give them better accomodations, such as a dedicated supercomputer setup for them. R&D and cyberwarfare can figure out at a later point how best to set them up with coolant similar to a thinktank and a reactor.

I want our scientists to start work on the Laser Urchin, Tank, and SIDm2 yesterday. Not literally, but those projects need to be started soon. All ongoing projects take a temporary backburn however until we know what we are up against.

EDIT:
Furthermore I think we need to consider how best to deploy all of our forces for this threat, or at least, who what when where and all that.
The building plans are gr8 tho, loving this.

EDIT2:
Miscellaneous Plans.
-Look into having the brain training adapted to Portal Tanks for the purpose of training them with regards to strategy like our battalion commanders. They need to know where is best to place portals. Furthermore reflex training, and examples of portal usage in mixed media throughout sentient history.
-I know I'm fairly focused on Keymaster, but it eats meat, and is a living weapon. I want to figure out what methods are being used by the enemy to farm tissue cultures for usage in creating biological weapons (we've just been besieged by two fleets carrying large amounts of troops). The goal is to mix sabotage with rescue. If they are trying to mass farm people we can rescue and recruit the survivors. Otherwise it'd still be a big blow to their resources. I've got suspicions also due to what we already know they do to their citizens.
-Investigate means through which we can create new Author Forge weapons. If we can get it running more efficiently, with ideas we come up with, we could be unstoppable.
-Anti-AoD measures. If there is a way we can detect individuals who have read it from a distance similar to radar, and create an anti-memetic response we could create the means to prevent further corruption in the Saramis Alliance and Earth's Forces.
-Contagion Containment Measures. Whether these are the old bio weapons we've seen or entirely new ones, we need to consider that they may be trying to create a serious longterm threat, and we'll want to look into cleanup the second it becomes possible.
I can't quite put my finger on it but yeah - the sudden appearance of all these ships raises a lot of red flags. I keep thinking we're going to find a perfected Comma somewhere that can make realistic illusions.

A lot of the other shiz going on makes them sound desperate, not clever. Being able to send a fleet with no warning is more clever than desperate, especially a two pronged one like this.

I want someone looking for Commas. It'd be far smarter of the enemy to send in decoys to make us waste our resources than to send in huge fleets of units that might not even - oh lord I think they might be filled with bodyjackers, so any of them landing would be a Bad Thing. Have flamethrowers on hand.
I'd put some airblobs on the list but uh.. they aren't among the list of units that can be build in the last post. i think Mayu forgot to put them in.

As well as for that matter he Cover blob we unlocked by nanotech research

Oh hey, rereading the thread. Mayu, you forgot among the research project:

Quote:Battery technology based on The Polluted organs could be done. R&D will add a new project on Week 7.
Airblob is the Drone Carrier/Control Drone.
Thanks. Looking at the unit we alredy have list they are described as (Drone Command Center)
But I don't see them on the omnifactory production list. So I don't remember exactly what they do (do they carry their own drones or do they cordinate and esuply our other drones like hunters and seekers ?) or how much they cost.
I think they're not able to be built right now because they were being redesigned or something. There was some sort of flaw to them that caused them to be temporarily removed... I think... I have vague recollections of that. If I remember right, they serve to link and control various drones together and sort of come with 3 mini-drones? It is more just a coordinator to 'automate' the use of our drones. It makes them semi-autonomous. Again, if I recall correctly.
Ah. Yes I can see how a few of them could be usefull seeing that we do relly on quite a few drones. In fact if tey could be mad so things like sonic mechs and titanium ally were also coordinated, that'd be great. But if we can't build or do anything with them right now, the point is moot right now.

And yeah, I gotta second LoverIan idea of setting some kind of dedicated cybernetic research lab/network for Feather and Francoise as there is a lot of way thi could proft, weither for our drones, our mechs and bionic troops, our drones or genral Ai research since Ai are protected against the art of domination. But that's something for another time.

Hoooowever, right now:
Feather and Francoise just said the transport are pilotd by AI being created by 'that bitch', hmm I wonder maybe we should pull Linesman and Kudora from the Rheynar investigation for a minute (our regular CWS can take the relayfor a moment, it's the rjob after all) and see if maybe it wouldn't be possible to send some jaming signal (they have to be able to comunicate between each other to coordinate their flight pathes) to sort of confuse, misguide or just sort of dstract their AI ?
Kudora is a com specialist, Linesman knows 'that bitch' style and feather and francoise being AI can probaly code pretty darn fast, if it's possiblein less that ten minutes it these gys who could fine how to do it.
To be clear I don't expect it will miraculously make the transports self destruct or fly into each others or a silly things like that but it might slow them down and make them a lot more vulnerable to our anti air defenses and fighter planes, allowing us to destroy more before they reach their destination.
Edited post, Airblob added to list. Thank you again, and sorry. The chat thread has a bit of insight as to why I keep making these errors.
Sorrry but you haven't added the improved batteries based on Polluted organs autopsy research project tho, is it that they aren' t available yet ?

I'm gonna add one airblob to the list of thing to build, given we're buying hunters drones and 2 saviors, they can move our usurper knights around if we have a problem with the portal wagons.
Btw weird theory, but is it possible that Rainhar is trying to pull some sort of undercover op? I want surveillance in case he's deserting or has been kidnapped or something, but in case he's pulling something on our side and can't tell us I want our spies to not get too close...

Also weird thought, but in the event that our enemies develop portal wagon tech we may want to consider a way to detect portals being opened, and furthermore detect various of our enemy's forces. Mainly because I'm having paranoia about what could happen if they teleported a bodyjacker into the barracks on our bases, or the Enderfist.
(01-04-2018, 04:15 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »Sorrry but you haven't added the improved batteries based on Polluted organs autopsy research project tho, is it that they aren' t available yet ?

They'll be ready after this invasion is dealt with.