Tiny Cat People- Arcade Session

Tiny Cat People- Arcade Session
RE: Tiny Cat People- Arcade Session
>uh woops, sorry about all the stuff I'm making. I realize this might be overwhelming for you. I'm just so excited!

also yeah let's ask echo if there's anything she wants.
Ask Echo if she can see ok
...No one's around to help...
Create: Really Cool Free Play Pinball Machine

also: Talk with Echo a bit
SpoilerShow

TALK "Are you thinking about exploring? Exploring is a great idea and with all these objects and knowledge, you should be ready to start. There is also a lot of cave tunnels to explore first; a good way to explore tunnels is to pick a wall and follow it around so when you are ready, you might like to try that out. Once you start we'll try not to bother you but we will be watching, just in case. Have fun!"
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
>CREATE: PETTING STATION, IRON MINE, IRON VEIN, GLOWSTONE VEIN
>TEACH: MINING, MINING SAFTEY

Ohh, okay, so that's what the pickaxe is. The only problem is, Echo starts to point out-

>CREATE: SHOVEL, RAILROAD TRACK, CONDUCTOR'S HAT, LOCOMOTIVE TRAIN
>TEACH: TRAIN USE, TRAIN CARE

Alright, but Echo's going to have a difficult time doing any of that, because she doesn't-

>CREATE: COAL, DYNAMITE, MINING EQUIPMENT, CANARY

Echo doesn't have any hands!!!

>CREATE: PROSTHETIC ARMS
>TEACH: PROSTHETIC USE

That's better.

[Image: 005.png]

Echo wastes no time putting on the prosthetic arms, looping the exoskeletons around the tops of her wings and opening and closing the grippers a few times. They aren't perfect, but they'll definitely help. Echo notes that these seem to take a bit of mental effort to work, and that prolonged use might be BAD IN SOME WAY.

First, she shovels some coal into the train's engine, so that it's all ready to be fired up once she needs it. Echo considers the canary for a bit, then gently sets it inside the BUNKER, saying that she doesn't really want to use it, at least not for that sort of thing. She'll happily keep it as a friend, though. As she works, the GENERIC ANIMAL COMPANION stumbles upon the PETTING MACHINE, and makes a happy sound as it sits in it, the mechanical arm gently rubbing its back. As Echo finishes up, you decide to ask her a few things, opening up the CHAT window.

Hey Echo! Sorry about the infodump. You doing okay?
Yeah, I'm fine. I'm kind of getting used to it.
Good! Can you see alright?
I can see the room well enough, but not anything past the tunnels. It should be fine if I take one of these lanterns with me.
Is there anything else you want?
Uhhh... I think I'm fine with what I've got! I feel like there's still a lot I don't know, though, so if you think I'm going to need something, go ahead.
I don't think we particularly need to arm Echo with any weapons at this stage, there arent any creatures in the caves unless we spawn them (i think). But this will count as an adventure, which means we wont be able to create things, so Echo should take the mining equipment with them in the train so she can use them if any valuable ore appears.
Speaking of which:
>create mithril vein
>create silver vein
>create crystal quartz formations
idk, i like having there be stuff to mine
Teach: Appraisal, Knock Knock Jokes & Puns, Echolocation, & Cartography
> TEACH: Geology. So that we know what we're mining.

I think we're good to let them adventure now (see last post). Good Bird
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
>Create GOGGLES.

>Talk: Hey, Echo. Would you like to get a look around? See the cool stuff we made? We also want to see it too. Let's see them together.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
seconded on making some jewels to mine and teaching geology; would a bat type not be already knowing how to echolocate? if not teach her that, and let’s explore if she wants..!
>give: safety vest, hardhat, steel toed boots
>be careful out there.

idk, I don't know what else to add. everyone else has the kind friend suggestions on lockdown.
No update till Friday, sorry. The holidays have caught up with me and I am drowning in holly
Then enjoy your holy holly in this holy day like other holidays. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.
>CREATE: MITHRIL, SILVER, QUARTZ
>TEACH: APPRAISAL, KNOCK KNOCK JOKES, PUNS, ECHOLOCATION, CARTOGRAPHY, GEOLOGY
>GIVE: SAFETY VEST, HARD HAT, STEEL TOED BOOTS, GOGGLES

[Image: 006.png]

Echo quickly swaps her poncho, galoshes, and conductor's hat for something a bit safer. She steps outside and lets out a shrill squeak. You wonder for a moment why you didn't understand her speech until you realized she wasn't talking- she was echolocating. The animal companion, mistaking the noise for a call, quickly returns to Echo's side. Echo pets it a few times, reassuring it. It looks like it will FOLLOW Echo if it hears her call for it.

Echo reports that she can get a good outline of the cavern she's in and some objects near her, but anything beyond that is kind of sketchy. She also reports that that was really cool. You tell Echo to stay safe, and she nods, appreciating the sentiment. She'll do her best.

With that, Echo heads NORTH into the next room...

[Image: 007.png]
>create more train tracks

Hey Echo which of the ores in the walls do you like most?
Are we on an adventure yet? I agree with creating more tracks if we can.

>tell Echo theres a cavern to her northwest on the other side of the cave wall, just to keep her informed.
yeah!! tell her about the cavern, and maybe CALL the pet to come w us..
Ask her to identify some of those ore deposits. Maybe take some samples. Any heavy mining will likely need to be done by a second TCP (assuming it isn't also lacking arms) or some kind of indirect process. After all, Echo's arms aren't meant to be relied on.
>Create: Diamond deposits, emerald deposits, sapphire deposits

in case if we gotta trade anything w/ anyone

or dont if were on an adventure thats ok too
...No one's around to help...
(12-29-2018, 10:32 PM)Blue_Fox5 Wrote: »>Create: Diamond deposits, emerald deposits, sapphire deposits

in case if we gotta trade anything w/ anyone

or dont if were on an adventure thats ok too

We already have silver and quartz. We don't need too much more.

Let's get samples of the geology and/or mine some ore!

Hmm... If we can't create stuff, let's queue Furnace and a Crate on Wheels on the Create command.
time to get prospecting. find the shinies, mine the shinies, and have fun!
You get the feeling there's probably going to be a notification when you start an adventure. Since it hasn't given you one yet, you must still be in your base.

[Image: 008.png]

>CREATE TRACKS, DIAMOND, EMERALD, SAPPHIRE, FURNACE, CRATE ON WHEELS

You tell Echo to call her ANIMAL COMPANION over, and she does just that, letting out a shrill sqeak. The ANIMAL COMPANION comes bounding over eagerly. It will stay by her side until told otherwise. Echo also takes the time to take a sample of each of the four ores visible to her using her PICKAXE. She is now carrying a LUMP OF COAL, an IRON CHUNK, a SILVER CHUNK, and a GLOWSTONE SHARD. You may check a TCP's INVENTORY at any time.

Hey Echo, what are those ores on the wall there?
Uhh... This black stuff over here is coal, the brownish stuff is iron, the glowy yellow stuff is glowstone, and the grey stuff back there is silver.
Which one do you like best?
That's a tough one! ...I'd have to say the glowstone. It looks useful for lighting up dark places, and it's nice to look at.
Cool! By the way, there's a cavern to your northwest on the other side of the cave wall.
Oh, is there? Got it! ...How are you seeing that? All I can see from here is the cavern we're in and the two tunnels leading out of it.
let’s get some more glowstone! echo, do you want to go a specific way?
Hm. Something feels... Missing.
>Create Knocker
There. That should do the trick.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>"I have a birds-eye view of the cave, centered around you."
>create mine-cart on track with one of those levers you can push and it moves on its own.