Mindless Resource Collection

Mindless Resource Collection
#1
Mindless Resource Collection
You are in a cave. Right now your only possessions are your collection of empty WOODEN CHESTs, an AUTOMATIC CREATION DEVICE, a BACKPACK, and your trusty IRON PICKAXE. What do you do?
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#2
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Collect some resources, starting with the empty wooden chests. Scrap them for parts and begin storing them obsessively.

Don't forget to go on MinerNet, the largest online community for mindless resource gatherers, to contact other mindless resource gatherers, asking them about the most optimal methods for storing wooden planks.
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
Quote
#3
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
(04-13-2019, 09:16 PM)kilozombie Wrote: »Collect some resources, starting with the empty wooden chests. Scrap them for parts and begin storing them obsessively.

Don't forget to go on MinerNet, the largest online community for mindless resource gatherers, to contact other mindless resource gatherers, asking them about the most optimal methods for storing wooden planks.

You destroy one of your WOODEN CHESTS, decreasing the amount of WOODEN CHESTS to 11. You receive 5 WOOD and 1 IRON. Unfortunately your IRON PICKAXE has suffered 5 points of durability damage, reducing it's DURABILITY to 123. You would destroy more, but you BACKPACK only has a meager 32 inventory slots.

You would go on MinerNet but you lack a device for computing and a MODEM or ROUTER.
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#4
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Break one more WOODEN CHEST and then make one or two chisels out of your newly-collected raw materials. Having these durable tools to chip away at things will help maintain the durability of your existing IRON PICKAXE.

If successful, mine some rocks and start carving stuff out of your chisel. Perhaps a SLEDGE or WEDGE? Maybe even a STONE WHEEL?
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
Quote
#5
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Open box how a box should be opened.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#6
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
>AUTOMATICALLY CREATE a modem and router
Quote
#7
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
wheres the light?
[Discovery]
Updates as suggestions permit!
Feel free to suggest things to help Alby on their way!

The Infinite Walmart
Updates as suggestions permit!
What horrors await you in this hellhole called "Walmart"?


Egg It hatched.Show
Quote
#8
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Mine. Craft. Is there an outside? Can you leave the mine?
SpoilerShow

[Image: 8L9RKuo.png] [Image: tnkzT4L.png]
\☆/
Quote
#9
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
(04-13-2019, 10:35 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »Open box how a box should be opened.

You open one of your WOODEN CHESTs. There's absolutely nothing/

(04-14-2019, 03:47 AM)Reecer6 Wrote: »>AUTOMATICALLY CREATE a modem and router

You try an make a MODEM and ROUTER with your ACD. It says "INSUFFICIENT MATERIALS."

(04-14-2019, 05:47 AM)Myeth Wrote: »Mine. Craft. Is there an outside? Can you leave the mine?

The entrance to the outside is next to you. There isn't much use going outside since there isn't any resources to mindlessly collect other than WOOD.
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#10
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Open each wooden chest to examine the contents. Destroy all empty chests save for 3.
Quote
#11
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
>Engage the mining of walls for precious contents. By the might of your iron pick, the potentially-valuable contents of these walls will be yours.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
#12
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
>Mindlessly collect WOOD.
>Craft a CONTEMPLATION TABLE.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#13
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
(04-13-2019, 10:35 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »Open box how a box should be opened.

An overwhelming success.

This is extremely productive.

(04-15-2019, 05:31 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »Open each wooden chest to examine the contents. Destroy all empty chests save for 3.

There is literally no point to opening every chest. They are all empty. Also you'll probably be needing all these chests for later.

(04-16-2019, 03:05 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Engage the mining of walls for precious contents. By the might of your iron pick, the potentially-valuable contents of these walls will be yours.

You find a vein of iron, and swing your pickaxe at it. You get 2 IRON.

(04-16-2019, 12:56 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »>Mindlessly collect WOOD.

>Craft a CONTEMPLATION TABLE.

You exit the cave. It's daytime right now. You don't have a proper AXE, so you can't cut down a tree and make a CONTEMPLATION TABLE. Nearby you notice somebody carrying a pile of WOOD. What do you do?
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#14
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Chat them up! See, wood is in demand.
Quote
#15
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
>Craft an axe.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#16
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Ask them how we smell. So many days in the mine (zero or so) is really tuckering us out
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
Quote
#17
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
(04-16-2019, 10:24 PM)eerr Wrote: »Chat them up! See, wood is in demand.

You approach the young man to ask for his WOOD.

You: Hey you! You've got some wood there! Would you be willing to lend some over? I don't have money, or much iron, so I don't have any payment right now.
???: Firstly, my name is Albert, secondly, be careful with your words, thirdly, I can't give you anything without money. Come back later if—
You: Please? I barely have anything.
Albert: Fuck off.
You: Come on, just a little bit?
Albert: Fuck off.
You: Just one.
Albert: Fine. Don't ask for anything else.

Albert hands you a single chopped piece. You obtain 1 piece of WOOD.

(04-17-2019, 08:27 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »Ask them how we smell. So many days in the mine (zero or so) is really tuckering us out

You: Also how do I smell? I've been working in—
Albert: Stop.
You: But—
Albert: Creep. I bet you put that innuendo in on purpose.
You: No I did not I—
Albert: Fuck off, I already gave you enough.

You should probably stop just asking people for stuff out of the blue. You realize you're feeling really hungry, which reminds you, you see a woman collecting some honey.
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#18
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Use the ACD to form up some... "money", for this woman. Use wood and make paper, and perhaps use ground-up metal for the "ink" if our ACD accepts it. We want to buy her HONEY, but if she's offering, we'd also like to buy her KNOWLEDGE on how to harvest honey in the future, so we can eventually set up a farm.
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
Quote
#19
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
You need to go deeper. Down the cave.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#20
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
>Scuttle backwards into your cave. You can obtain the desired sustenance from cave-geckos, mosses, lichen.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote
#21
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
(04-19-2019, 12:42 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »Use the ACD to form up some... "money", for this woman. Use wood and make paper, and perhaps use ground-up metal for the "ink" if our ACD accepts it. We want to buy her HONEY, but if she's offering, we'd also like to buy her KNOWLEDGE on how to harvest honey in the future, so we can eventually set up a farm.

You approach the woman. The JUG of HONEY next to her feet is already making your mouth water.

You: Hey, uh, are you selling that honey?
???: No. I'm collecting it for my family.
You: Can I have some? I've been starving since I came here. Barely packed anything.
???: Um, sure?

She gets a smaller bottle of HONEY and hands it to you. You're lucky since any ACD isn't powerful enough to replicate money.

You: Oh thank you so much. I'll cherish every drop.
???: You're welcome.
???: I haven't introduced myself have I. My name's Helen. Remember me whenever you're not starving to death.
???: What's your name anyways?

What is your name?
[Image: 47147.png]
A Room you Really Want To Get Out Of : Lore
[Image: logo.png] (Please enable Cleartype if you haven't already. (Enabled by default.))
Some of my stuff uses this font.
Quote
#22
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Richter's the name.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#23
RE: Mindless Resource Collection
Richter, pronounced Ritch-Terr, surname Rocks. You're from a rockfaring tribe who lived in big rocks and hoarded resources, and you're here to make a name for yourself besides the name you already have. (Entirely kobold.)
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
Quote