Night Bus

Night Bus
#26
RE: Night Bus
>Wake up. It hasn't happened yet.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#27
RE: Night Bus
The bus driver swerves to the side, and quite unfortunately cannot swerve to the other in time, ending up in the side of a building.
It's a good thing the brakes existed, else the outcome would be somewhat very catastrophic.
Noot noot doot doot.

EGGS AND UPGRADED EGGSShow
[Image: 47325.png]
Quote
#28
RE: Night Bus
oh god is this gonna be one of those "you die then it resets until you do it right" sorta dealios? push her out of the way then plank yourself in such a way the wheels wont hit you, nor does the front. then youll be stuck under the engine. wiggle out carefully so you dont get burned from the active engine.
Quote
#29
RE: Night Bus - Bag! Throw!


>Throw your bag at the bus as you run to push them out of the way. If the driver sees a bag fly across their windscreen hopefully theyll put on the breaks, and hopefully theyll have enough time to put on the breaks

The only thing Nico got out of that was "Bag! Throw!"


[Image: Update04_Panel01.png]


He slips off his bag and chucks it as hard as he can at the speeding bus.



[Image: Update04_Panel03.png]

It hits! The lock bursts, papers and supplies scattering about the windsheild. The bus begins to swerve. He's bought some time, but only a second.

Nico surges forward.


[Image: Update04_Panel04.png]

He dives, feet skidding on the pavement, and shoves Bell across the street. The flowers tear from their grasp, littering the air with petals and that overwhelming perfume.

Nico stumbles. Dazed.


>The bus driver slams on the brakes, but it's too late! A vehicle that size can't stop fast enough

He looks up, blinded by the lights, frozen with panic-

-The bus screeches towards him.


[Image: Update04_Panel05.png]



In an instant, he-


























































>Wake up. It hasn't happened yet.

. . .

[Image: new01.gif]




               [Image: Update04_Panel07.png]

Nico jolts awake with a gasp.

He blinks. His vision pops and sparks, electric. A dizzying fog spiraling just out of focus and creeping inward until suddenly--

--a flash of pain, zipping from one temple to the other. Over in an instant. Like nothing was ever wrong at all. Though Nico still feels a little dizzy, and it takes several seconds recover.

What… what the hell just happened? He feels like he just got hit by a-

The-the bus! It- Wasn't it just...? Wait! Where's-


[Image: Update04_Panel08.png]

Bell.

...

Huh.

Nico frowns. It doesn't look like Bell has moved at all.They're still just standing there. Staring with those big, empty eyes. He lets out the faintest sigh of relief. He's almost glad to see them. Not that a weirdly realistic dream suddenly makes them friends but... Gods. What a day.



[Image: Update04_Panel09.png]


Nico relaxes a little. He must be in pretty dire need of sleep to imagine something so vividly. Maybe he should rest a bit on the bus. After all, it's gonna take a while to reach the end. And he's still got a ways to go after that.

Nico turns his tired gaze out to the street. The dark, lonely, empty street... Funny, something almost feels... off. Like the shadows are too long, the light too dim.

Something moves.

He stiffens. A chill creeps down his spine. It's Bell, reaching for something. Reaching for...

Nico jumps in surprise.


[Image: Update04_Panel10.png]


Bell whips out a bouquet, petals scattering on the wind, filling the air with a musty floral odour. Just like before, but this time the smell is even stronger, and the flowers... they don’t look right… Mangled, crooked, hanging from snapped stems like lolling heads on cracked necks. The colours are faded and the paper wrapping struggles to hold. Soaked through with floral innards.

And Bell... They just stare, as innocently as before. Nico's uneasy confusion reflected in big, round eyes. It doesn't look like they've noticed, or maybe they just don't care.

As Nico stands there, dumbfounded, deciding what to do, bright yellow lights bleed onto the pavement.




[Image: Update04_Panel11.png]

The bus shifts to a halt before them. Nico didn't see it arrive. Just the lights, a flash, and then it was there. He stares at it, still frozen. It doesn't look like any bus he's seen before. Do they even have double-deckers around here?

The doors swing open, light streaming onto the sidewalk.

A deep but friendly voice booms from within.


[Image: Update04_Panel12.png]






author's noteShow
Quote
#30
RE: Night Bus
Both: get on
Feel free to check out my current adventure
Or maybe my music
PM's always open
Quote
#31
RE: Night Bus
It seems like some higher power put everything back together imperfectly, without rewinding time. It's later in the day, the flowers are still broken, Nico's clothes are still damaged from the crash.


> "Sure", you say, as you climb onto the hood.
> Which line are you?
Quote
#32
RE: Night Bus
>Bell: Take hold of Nico's hand. You're not scared... but you would like to feel reassured.
>Nico: Oh no oh gosh what's happening.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
Quote
#33
RE: Night Bus
>yes, but tell me what the hell those hieroglyphics on the sign mean, i can't do frequency analysis because a. they're words and b. too little of them.

(07-23-2019, 06:25 AM)tronn Wrote: »>Bell: Take hold of Nico's hand. You're not scared... but you would like to feel reassured.
>Nico: Oh no oh gosh what's happening.

>Nico: Instinctively tug away a bit. Just a bit.
Noot noot doot doot.

EGGS AND UPGRADED EGGSShow
[Image: 47325.png]
Quote
#34
RE: Night Bus
SpoilerShow

>Bell: Take flowers in a trance-like state
>Nico: Lead the unresponsive friend onto the Bus
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Quote
#35
RE: Night Bus
>Sure, hop on, all of you.
Quote
#36
RE: Night Bus
Is anything else different? Check name tag.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Quote
#37
RE: Night Bus
typeandkey Wrote:>Sure, hop on, all of you.

You know, I was honestly expecting the Magic School Bus intro when I clicked that.
Quote
#38
RE: Night Bus
>Bell: Lead Nico onto the bus.
Quote