Spheres of Influence: Alliance

Spheres of Influence: Alliance
RE: Spheres of Influence: Alliance
Aye on research institute.
Nay on Ovis's proposal. Want to keep fighting.
Durgana stood up, frowning a bit before speaking. It was clear she was quite conflicted on the entire ordeal.

"Captain, Guardian," she spoke to Ovis and Alyn. "I believe your hearts are in the right place with this, and I believe that you both, like my husband and I, want nothing but the best for the Alliance and its people. However, as the Postmaster Paramount has pointed out, this isn't the way to justice and peace. This Article would increase the power and influence of the Alliance Council to statelike levels, which would likely cause discontent and dissent among the member states. It could very well cause the Alliance to shatter, as an article such as this takes away diplomatic sovereignty from its members. At least a few states would leave rather than have their independence eroded."

She looked to everybody.

"This article would also hamper the ability of the Alliance's members to intervene themselves if they wished to stop atrocities. The time it takes for votes to be gathered across such a large area could be the difference between life and death for those on the ground that we wish to help," she said. "I believe that there may be a better way to ensure that the Alliance acts in a just and reasonable manner, but this is not the way. This'll only cause more suffering and injustice, not less. I'm sorry, but I must vote Nay."
Alyn looks unsurprised, but nevertheless sad.

"I understand. I hope that you all at least take the spirit of this article to heart. We are a pact of mutual defense and the only reason the Alliance still holds is because of the mutual respect of our nations. We cannot give in to the thinking of 'us' and 'them' - those who live outside our lands are the same as us, with their own fears, needs, loved ones, and desires. Please go out into the world and act with empathy and respect."
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Ovis stays quiet. Only the cry of Dingowls, circling above the CUBE's skylight, can be heard.
Durgana frowned at Ovis’s sadness.

“Aye, Guardian, my husband has no intention of fighting against anybody other than goblins, bugs, raiders, and pirates. That said, I’d like to make a general proclamation. The High Kingdom has been claimed by my husband, by right of deed as well as birth. He shall not be coronated until the reclamation of Khuln Verdaral allows him to sit the Adamantine Throne, as tradition dictates, but he does henceforth carry the title of High King Aspirant. That said, my husband’s government now lays claim to all the lost Dwarven holds. If any non-Dwarven government were to seize a Dwarven hold, with intent either to annex it or to create a puppet hold, we would offer a million gold for the hold instead. Should said offer be rejected without a reasonable counter-offer, we will be forced to cut diplomatic and trade relations with the infringing party, as we would view them as imperializers of Dwarven heritage. Now, I don’t think any of our allies here want to do something like that. Not after nine hundred years, when the Army of Reclamation is finally reclaiming what was lost to our people so long ago, but I thought it prudent to mention this regardless. Dwarven holds should remain in the hands of independent Dwarven governments, those being independent governments predominately led by Dwarves.”
A Tiranogian aid bearing the markings of a Crimson Guard bursts into the Cube, looking haggard. he rushes over, bows to King Geród and hands him a crumpled letter.

Geród opens it and reads the contents, the expressions on his face turning from worried, to confused to delighted.

"My friends, I have some news to share with you all." he said folding the letter, thanking the messenger. "As part of my investigations into the bombing of Dunfaelin and Dentienne. I have uncovered similarities in both tragedies."

"Both explosions were the act of another power, and I have sufficient evidence to confidently assert that it was not anyone in the Alliance. But that is not all. Under Dunfelían, like under Dentienne, our investigators uncovered what can only be called a borehole. A massive, artificial hole dug into the earth under both cities, reaching deep into the Earth, farther down than even the Deep roads the Dwarves use. Into an overwhelmingly vast underworld consisting of vast caverns larger than entire countries and, apparently, underwater oceans, or great lakes in the case of the Underneath of Dunfelían. The culprits had created mechanical contraptions to raise and lower themselves from this, 'Under Dark', to infiltrate and set up their perfidious explosives under our cities, although while the one in Dentienne was evidently destroyed in a hurry, the one under Dunfelían was deconstructed slowly, and recognisable because of the holes left in the walls for the structures's supports. I encourage all of you here to investigate the underlying foundations and structures supporting your most important cities for similar artifacts, to prevent further tragedy, it is unlikely it was only these two cities targeted by such treachery."

"However, in the dark we have found some good news. Despite being very strange world indeed, my Crimson Guard have, quite literally it seems, tripped over a seam of gold right there on the rocks below, so easily accessible he even took a solid gold nugget off of it with his sword. In Dunfelían's case, the borehole lead to an underground island which could be easily defensible for further expeditions, and perhaps our friends in Antipode could get much use out of using it as a jumping off point for their scientific investigations into the unknown. We could even-"

Another aide burst into the cube, this one far more haggard than the last, and rushed to the king and shoved a letter into his hands before slipping and planting his face on the floor, he was apparently soaked to the bone by rain and tripped over his own shoes. Geród opened the second letter. His face turned to stone.

"Apparently a massive raiding force of seaborne goblins are approaching the borehole and campsite my men have set up, approximately 1000 strong. I dont- Is there even anything to raid down there to sustain themselves!? How!? Regardless-" he tossed the letter aside. "Tiranóg calls its allies for aid. I cannot close the borehole to Dunfelían quickly without literally undermining my very capital and endangering everyone in there. I am giving the order for my raised levies to rush to the capital to help hold the line until aid arrives."
"Gundarth will answer the call," said prime minister Malcolm. "Our forces are already raised, though the fight at Bronze Pass was resolved before we could even make it to the mainland, well before we reconvened here. I shall send a message to them to march to Dunfélian at once." With that, he turned to an aide and began dictating a message.
Ovis smashed his fist in the table, still in a sombre mood. He nods dramatically at Geród, and tells something to Capra in Zmonese. Soon, the earth itself wobbles, as the Cuberiders march to transports...
Durgana cursed in Dwarven.

"The Army of Reclamation is up near Theruhm Dhundur right now," Durgana said, looking annoyed at the circumstances. "Don't think they'll be able to get to you in time, Geród, but I'll send a letter regardless. Here's hoping."
Cregit Exiro grimaced. "Kor Vurneus forces have been occupied with the Bronze pass and Nhdit Nuskri and would not be able to make it to the lands of Tiranog in any swift time. I'm sorry that we probably can not be helpful in this situation unless you expect this to be a drawn out invasion."
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Aztra finally snaps out of staring at the dingowls overhead. So beautiful. So majestic.

"Sadly, Antipode lacks the spare forces to send much in the way of direct aid. However, in light of boreholes appearing under multiple capitals... I'm going to immediately send an expedition to search for one beneath the city of Antipode. I'd urge others to do the same."