UCHIStuck

UCHIStuck
#1
UCHIStuck
WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
[Image: x791F9z.jpg]
It is a sunny day. You know this because there is more light than usual filtering in through the dome, but you can't tell any more than that because as always, the dome is purple and semi-opaque, blocking your view of the sky. 

You are at Breckenridge Hall, where you and your plucky(ish) band of survivors have lived for a very long time now. You need to get to the red cross because one of your friends has hurt their leg and needs immediate medical attention. The map is of your friend's creation, and you looking at it on your tablet, standing in the Breckenridge courtyard, looking out through the wrought iron gate. You are very pointedly not looking up, and pretending that the sound you are hearing is birdsong. 

You already have most of what you need for the journey, as do your companions, but there are still items you may be missing. Do you see them on your last visual sweep of the area, or think of anything?

And most importantly: what is your name?

(Hi! This is my second attempt at a forum adventure. UCHIstuck is set in on the post apocalyptic former campus of the university of chicago. While the name is inspired by Homestuck, it will not be taking anything from the homestuck universe. As it is also inspired by text-based role playing games, commands such as "Look" and "take [object]" as well as any other verbs you can think of are encouraged.)
Quote
#2
RE: UCHIStuck
>xyzzy
EGGS AND UPGRADED EGGSShow
[Image: 47325.png]
Quote
#3
RE: UCHIStuck
>xyzzy
You can't... fly, exactly. Going east is also kind of problematic, because that makes you smack face first into the outward barrier, but going north back into Breckinridge seems like a decent enough idea.

You could also be misinterpreting the direction controls.

Unless this is supposed to be a name suggestion? In which case, that's kind of a weird name. Any other ideas?
Quote
#4
RE: UCHIStuck
> Head through the mystery area.
Quote
#5
RE: UCHIStuck
> Head through the mystery area.
"Hey!" your friend says as you try to bring them west along the sidewalk. "You can't go that way."
"Why?" you ask.
"Look."
A tall, eyeless creature of some kind blocks your path. You swear, and you and the friend holding your friend's stretcher turn around.
Heading north, you reach the area you think of as the "mystery area" since your friend has covered it in question marks. Is it just you, or is it getting way darker?
As you're walking down, you find the old Christian Science cathedral. The door is open.
Your friend in the stretcher's eyes go huge.
"We should go in," they say. "I've never been."
Do you?

(You still don't have a name! You should really do something about that)
Quote
#6
RE: UCHIStuck
You go in. Inside you see a large vaulted ceiling.

"Oh, man," you say. You look down at your friend. "Maybe we should go? You need help."

"Fine," they say.

You head back out, continuing north.
Quote
#7
RE: UCHIStuck
As you keep walking, the number of strange things you can't quite see increases. You're still on the same street, but the ground beneath your feet has begun to buckle and shift.
Quote