[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight

[IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
I have no idea how to write positioning out. Mazelina will go third row, middle tile.
[Image: a078853c10c8af81ed7398825416c7c0421d25a9.png]
"Let's stay safe everyone, and be careful."
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Damn! Some laguz! Airitech was no stranger to the animalfolk but the fact these laguz are fighting them rather than merely passing by was a disconcerting sight.

[Image: SU9sSSr.png]

Airitech will move to the left-most horizontal row (the one with just two tiles), and take up the top tile.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Oh, well, this was something new. Enough to shake Logan from the sort of... distant haze that had fallen over them at the sheer number of new people the group was meeting these days. It was a lot.

Not to say this was good, though. Fighting Laguz and all that. Not that Laguz were worse to fight than humans, but, you know, fighting in general? That.

[Image: LgqK4Uf.png]

"...Stay safe everyone, aye?"

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
[Image: SCCQxLo.png]

"Quick - before we part ways, we seized these arms from the enemy following the previous battle. I think you all would be better off hanging onto them."

The party has obtained an IRON CROSSBOW, an IRON JAVELIN, and a RECKLESS RING.

[Image: sMEPfPR.png]

Enemy Stats

Confirm Deploy?
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
DEPLOY CONFIRMED

[Image: fHUrgyo.png]

The laguz approach... What will you do?

LAGUZ GAUGES
SpoilerShow

ENEMY INVENTORIES
SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
The echoes of his roar still echoing, Barnabas bashed a fist against his chest a few times, feeling the bloodlust beginning to rise now. He ran up a bit to the front to face his incoming brethren.

SpoilerShow
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Hmph. Well, this isn't too unusual of Laguz tactics. Baylee pulls out her blade.
SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Sunny's tome snaps open of its own volition, dark shadows from within painting her smile in a ghastly 'light'. She advances alongside her allies.

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Logan grips their lance nervously. They've never fought Laguz before, but like... It doesn't seem easier than fighting anyone else, that's for sure. They'll fly into position to face the birds!

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Mazelina will move west three and north one (provided I can do that even though the space is currently occupied, assuming people will move)! From there, she wrings her hands against her staff, glancing to all of her friends. She's here to help anyone hurt, and doesn't have an awful lot left to do until that happens.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Casey takes off towards the flying laguz, trying to take a note of where each of his friends are before the fighting breaks out. His anticipation mounts as he advances.

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Saya decides it's a better idea for them to head towards the wolves than fight the other birds.

(North 3, East 2)
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Airitech tries to nock his iron crossbow but realized he isn't using a shortbow anymore.

...

He places in a bolt into his iron crossbow and saunters out four west/left spaces.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Milo warily watches the birds and prepares to move out with the rest of the group, but then sees Saya moving on their own towards the ground laguz.

[Image: N34quH2.png]
"Hey, don't go off on your own!"

Probably not best to split up... but no sense in leaving an ally on their own either.

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
You all move accordingly!

Lys takes a step to the side to make room for Mazelina, smiling gently but shaking all the while. She's clearly very nervous out here...

Carlyle tails Airitech, his longbow at the ready.

Dorian decides giving out a dance and getting people even further from one another is probably not the wisest move this turn, but he decides the bird of mysterious gender is probably the best person to stick with in times like these. He usually feels most comfortable around Alex otherwise, so it's not to dissimilar, right?

[Image: QgEQBEz.png]
[Image: rEJoXBE.png]

"Hah! It looks like a pack of hounds awaits, licking at their chops! Why don't we hold back and let them soften our prey up for us, boys?"

The bird laguz move from their positions in the mountains to tail the hounds.

The wolves form up to attack you.

[Image: ZUhh5oA.png]

[Image: wpWddC9.png]
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Baylee is really unsure what to make of this new development with the enemy. She wasn't ready to engage them yet but she will get to the more defensible area.
SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Casey groans as he watches the winged laguz retreat over the mountains. Even if he could chase them up there, he doubts he'd be able to fight on such treacherous terrain. Instead, he turns on his heels, hoping to rejoin the group approaching the wolves. He waves to Mazelina and Lysistrate as he dashes by them.
[Image: casey_frustrated.png]

"I don't think I'll be much use with them flying away like that," he calls out. "Stay safe, and give a shout if you need a hand!" He can only hope he'll be able to catch up quickly.

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
This is all pretty scary, and Mazelina remains on the defensive, ready to help. Only when Casey dashes past does she take a hand from her staff, waving back.
She'll move two North and two East...and then will say,
[Image: a078853c10c8af81ed7398825416c7c0421d25a9.png]
"Here you go, Barnabas!"
Before using her Shove Staff to move him one space North.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Sunny's gaze flicks to the side as a couple of their own move to regroup. That was good, she supposed. The more the merrier!

[Image: 1YHEHWt.png]
"I shall keep advancing to secure some of the hills ahead, I suppose!" Sunny calls out to her nearby teammates. "Feel free to follow! Or not!" She laughs as she heads forward, slipping into the rough terrain ahead.

SpoilerShow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Saya keeps moving up, going towards the hills.



"I'll be ready to meet them!"
(North 3, West 2)
Current Projects:
Human space is at war, and we're all caught up in it - Scattered Stars

A woman chases another through the snow, but where will their path lead them? - Footprints in the snow
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
[Image: SU9sSSr.png]

Airitech hustles to East One, and North Three.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Barnabas is shoved! He looks back, a little surprised at Mazelina, but keeps up the forward motion, getting closer and closer to these rival laguz, a strange sense of trepidation sinking in. He could tell, that these foes were tougher than him, a sense that he shouldn't be squaring up against them. But, he kept his knees from shaking, bolstered by the sensation of those behind him.

[Image: nMexSPx.png]

"Grrr..." He went, as he climbed up onto a hill, near prowling as the transformation neared, teeth already beginning to elongate.

SpoilerShow
"Don't get me started on Henchmen."
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Milo runs 4 spaces east.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Logan goes west 5. They're gonna try to rush to that fort while the birds are distracted by the big fight that is about to break out. What're the odds that they'll all immediately swarm them, right? Probably pretty slim. It's worth a try, Logan hopes.
Quote
RE: [IC] Swords Beneath the Starlight
Baylee jogs into the hills, trying to take cover from the wolves! The birds hover menacingly in the distance...

Casey catches up with the group, knife gripped in his hand!

Mazelina gives Barney a SHOVE! Barney is moved by a supernatural force! +2 exp!

Sunny takes her position in the mountains, beaming bright as her namesake!

Saya takes wing!

Airitech gets a move on!

Barney moves forward even further!

Milo goes on march!

Logan darts daringly!

Dorian does a sensuous jig for Casey, refreshing him for a new turn! +2 exp!

Carlyle dashes to catch up to Airitech! Bow buddies for LIFE!

Lys is timid. She stays somewhat close to Mazelina, but clearly wants to rush towards her buddy Barnabas. The poor girl is conflicted.

20/100 EXP
Quote